It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Poor to Get Cash for Good Behavior

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is so outrageous,I don't know where to start.$150 for keeping a job! I must be stupid,I thought you keep a job to put bread on the table.$200 for visiting the doctor,they already get free health care now give them cash! I bet they start going three times a month. 1.3 Trillion for entitlements.
"Mayor Michael Bloomberg traveled to Mexico this spring to study the healthy lifestyle payments".I sure it works real well down there,thats why all of Mexico is here to "work" remember. Poor people suffer "repeated setbacks that keep them from climbing out of poverty".This is ripe for abuse,just like Katrina with over a billion dollars in fraud.And no one gets charged.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
If you think everybody can clime out of poverty you must live in la la land.

Capitalism creates poverty, and to just leave them (well 'us' actually cause I live bellow the poverty level myself) with nothing would be harder on the state than giving them/us a helping hand.

No one chooses to be poor (well there are exceptions of course). If you think they do then you are again in lal la land.

'They'? I'm guessing you have never had to struggle, or missed a meal?...

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If every one thought like you it would be a terrible world to live in. Im glad to see when people who are in a pinch get help. Ive been in a pinch before and it wasnt because I wanted it, sometimes bad luck rolls your way. If you became poor and homeless not by choice maybe you wouldnt feel this way.
IF everyone in america helped each other at once, just imagine.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The article says it's a test program being funded by private donations, so I don't see why you'd be against it.

If it does prove successful, then I imagine they'll want to expand it using public money. That would be the proper time to complain if you don't think the results justify the costs.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Victim mentality... :shk:

$300 for doing well on school tests

If he can do well on a school test for money, then he can do well on a school test. This kind of behavior encourages people to only perform for money, not because that's what we all have to do in life in order to survive.

I think this 'experiment' is self-defeating. Not to mention that it's not fair to othe people who work hard just because that's part of life.

top topics

join