It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Tests for Fla. High School Athletes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida high school students participating in football, baseball and weightlifting will be subject to random testing for steroids under a one-year pilot program signed into law Tuesday by Gov. Charlie Crist.

The Florida High School Athletics Association will supervise the testing. Its membership includes 426 public schools and 224 private schools affected by the law that takes effect July 1.

The tests will be randomly administered to 1 percent of high school athletes who compete in football, baseball and weightlifting during the 2007-2008 school year. The legislation included $100,000 to pay for the testing.

Any athlete who refuses to provide a urine sample would be ineligible to remain on a team. Those who test positive would be suspended from their team but could be reinstated if they pass a follow-up test.

www.foxnews.com...

I like it. Now I know there are some who will come here crying, "they're taking away our freedoms" "NWO, NWO"... etc.

I like drug testing... drugs are illegal and I feel that every school should test as well as each and every employer in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have no problem with that. It is not like they're testing everyone in the school. It is for extracurricular activities. Usually they have you do a physical and drug test anyway to join a sport. If you don't want to get tested, don't join a team. You have a choice. I don't see it as taking freedoms away.

join