It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google pushes 100-mpg car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

From CNN Money.com
Offers millions to advance plug-in hybrid vehicles and other technologies that link nation's transport system to the electric grid.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Google said Tuesday it is getting in on the development of electric vehicles, awarding $1 million in grants and inviting applicants to bid for another $10 million in funding to develop plug-in hybrid electric vehicles capable of getting 70 to 100 miles per gallon.

Full Article here

So now Google are going to start aiding the development of alternative fuelled vehicles. Is there any stopping them, it seems they have their fingers in many, many pies and the future is looking "Google".

I'm not saying this is a bad thing though. Any advance in getting away from smog-production is fine by me, but this relies on "the grid" and also "gasoline". Not perfect, but a start.

Let's hope this offer is taken up by some caring and smart companies who have all our interests at heart.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
if i push my truck i get 100 mpg too.

seriously if Google gets into this stuff I want my Google Ads displaying in the back seat of a 100mpg taxi cab!

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Thats what we need is somebody big backing stuff like this up. Its just a matter of time now before the big oil companys will have a crisis and im going to laugh. muhahah

join