It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of power substation exploding

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This is just an FYI. It's an electrical substation exploding. Doesn't sound too loud to me. Do with this info what you will.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
This is just an FYI. It's an electrical substation exploding. Doesn't sound too loud to me. Do with this info what you will.

www.liveleak.com...

Umm what exactly does this have to do with 9/11? Fill us in.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole

Because people keep saying that the explosions were electrical substations exploding and such. It just didn't sound too loud to me. That's all. It's definately no smoking gun or even evidence of anything really. I just thought it was interesting and wanted opinions on the noise an explosion makes. Because that particuler "explosion" didn't sound that loud to me.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole

Because people keep saying that the explosions were electrical substations exploding and such. It just didn't sound too loud to me. That's all. It's definately no smoking gun or even evidence of anything really. I just thought it was interesting and wanted opinions on the noise an explosion makes. Because that particuler "explosion" didn't sound that loud to me.

Thanks for the explaination
You are right, these explosions sound nothing like the ones in the WTC towers.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Also, there was a theory about WTC7 being bought down by a explosion from a power substation that the building was built over. meh.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You can't tell how loud it is from some kid that was taping it from his bedroom on his cam corder. This is amature video and has actually been posted here a couple times. I for one have heard transformers explode near my home, and it sounds like a clap of thunder.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Urgh. A crappy camcorder video compressed harder than Rosie O'Donnell's shoe soles isn't even worth considering for an audio analysis.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
even though you can't tell how loud it really is from that video it would probably be a lot louder if it was inside a building.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
just one clip showing otherwise is not enough to rule out an electrical explosion

here is a clip of a really loud electrical explosion

www.youtube.com...

to me it is about as loud as the one that is heard near firemen at the pay phone at ground zero.

here is the fire fighter pay phone one
www.youtube.com...

compare for yourself

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
First,

I have stated that this video wasn't proof of anything.

That being said, I find it interesting that when comparing a video of conventional explosive demolition to the towers, you guys all run in and say "yeah, it doesn't sound anything like it". But this, you guys come running in and say "yeah, that doesn't sound anything like it". Do people see the hypocricy in that?

Disclaimer. This video is only a slight piece of the puzzle. It is not intended to be proof of anything.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomX
just one clip showing otherwise is not enough to rule out an electrical explosion

here is a clip of a really loud electrical explosion

www.youtube.com...

to me it is about as loud as the one that is heard near firemen at the pay phone at ground zero.

here is the fire fighter pay phone one
www.youtube.com...

compare for yourself

The video clip you showed was a demolition method. Read what it says in the beginning. That in no way would be comparable to an electrical explosion caused by a fire. Nice try but if you are going to call foul on my video, yours is way out in left field foul territory.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I never said your video was wrong.

This video I showed only says "An explosive high-voltage power line upgrade. A myrecordjournal.com video. CL&P is using a splice technology and maintenance method to upgrade its transmission lines, which is causing loud implosions." I don't see how you got demolition out of there. could you be clearer and point me to where it says so?

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomX
CL&P is using a splice technology and maintenance method to upgrade its transmission lines, which is causing loud implosions.

Can you demonstrate the relation between this and any electrical failure we might have seen on 9/11?

What's to show that the technology they're using in that clip is relevant to generators blowing up or etc.?

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I've been inside a building next to a transformer that blew. Shook the whole building and everyone in the neighborhood ran outside to see what happened. Sounded like a bomb going off. It shook the building hard enough to rattle dishes and it was not even attached to the building. It was on a pole in the alley.

I keep hoping for something new in the 9/11 forum but no joy lately. What does stuff like this add to the debate. I'm sure plenty of people have heard a transformer go during a storm. They are very loud.

[edit on 6/18/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
One of the key points about "explosions" on 911 is that there are people who experienced them close up on floors that were far away from the fires at the upper level of the buildings and not in the basement either. People evacuating the building experienced them on different floors as they went out. Maybe fires did cause some explosions, maybe a power station in the basement blew up. Maybe, maybe, maybe, but there were still other explosions.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I was trying to show that loud noises occur from stuff such as that. I don't know for sure what made the explosion noises at WTC but neither are you guys yet you always make it seem like you are 100% sure that was it and only it. What I try to do is cast doubt on that assumption.

I have also heard a transformer blow up and it was as loud as the sound in those 2 videos I posted earlier. I am not saying it was definately this but I am not going to rule it out.

For CD to hold up, more evidence needs to be provided that such stuff was used. Basing it only on sound and people reporting hearing explosions is not enough. Now I know it is hard to prove this... but is it hard to prove because the govt did such a good job hiding the evidence or is it that no such evidence exists because there never were explosives?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Tho OP stated that this wasnt loud. The point of this is that the equipment that was used for recording this was not equiped appropriatly to capture the true audio of this transformer explosion.

It IS that loud.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
When I was young, I visited my Aunt and Uncle in DC, there was a storm and a branch fell across some power lines up the street. The transformer had an automatic switch which turned itself on and off. Every couple of minutes it would try to turn itself back on. Everyone in the area was came out of there houses to see what was going on. The sound of the arc was pretty loud, but when the transformer finally blew up it was one of the loudest sounds I'd ever heard.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There was also 25 tanks (a very substantial amount) of diesel fuel under the WTC7 for the generators. That would be pretty loud if it exploded.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I keep hoping for something new in the 9/11 forum but no joy lately. What does stuff like this add to the debate. I'm sure plenty of people have heard a transformer go during a storm. They are very loud.

[edit on 6/18/2007 by Blaine91555]

I'm not sure but transformers and substations are different. Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join