It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban religion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Why does the world not wake up and ban religion outright! Why must those of us who could care less about it suffer through it in our daily lives. I mean don't take away someones right to worship just keep in the home and personal lives. Destroy the churches and anything that has to do with religion in public view. Any religion has shown that it is the cause of despair, outright cruelty and causes war. Besides how can people worship a being that is obviously a needy creature. Eg. let's say GOD or whatever you worship exists ( just to let you know i believe in GOD and the shebang but could care less about it) this creature just created life to worship it. Well according to the reading i have done. Why worship a creature that will only love you if you show utter and total obedience to it. Thats not how people raise children...well most anyways. You don;t hate your child if they don;t listen and obey you, it makes you angry sure but you don't abandon them until they show obedience to you... do you? So keep that crap out of everyones daily lives so that the world can progress and let's stop living in the stone ages

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm sorry you must suffer such ignorance. Every man has the right to believe as they wish. To take this away is to take away the hope in their lives. Don't get me wrong, I believe that no one should be pressuerd into a religon, but is that not what you are doing now? You want people to believe as you, so you try to take away their rights? You, my friend, are no better than the Christian and Muslim extremists.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
NOT TRUE. The Mother Church was responsible for the wars (Catholic crusades)...and Islam is a violent religion...IF YOU Truely follow christ, you will love not kill....Can you see Jesus murdering?

And Please old testament references do not apply, (if you understand the scriptures that is.)

Blame religion, not true christianity, (which is hidden, not like you see on tv, or in churchianity)

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
there are no christian exrtremist, not TRUE christianity that is. Read the nt and you will see, Jesus commands love and live as christ.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rodandlana
there are no christian exrtremist, not TRUE christianity that is. Read the nt and you will see, Jesus commands love and live as christ.
I am refering to those who are pressing their religons on others.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulstealer2099
Why does the world not wake up and ban religion outright!

This is why:

You will need more than 16%[8%] of people to convince the 84%[92%] that they are wrong and to change their ways.

[edit on 17/6/2007 by SilentShadow]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Yea yea, Jesus this Jesus that and still they killed millions in the name of God. Still they are silent when priests rape CHILDREN! Dammit, when will you learn?

If you respect true Christianity and want it to survive then why do you need Bible with all the crap inside? Extract true Christianity out of it and give old books to museums.

Same goes for Quran and Talmud. Enough of that crap.

Jupiter is above YHWH and Allah.

[edit on 17-6-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
People preach love but what kind of love is that. The love you recieve only if you believe and none if you don't. Every religion will say the same thing about thier own...it's full of love. Then explain the consequences of "hell"...what kind of love is that..."you have disobeyed ME or have done wrong in my eyes now you must suffer"...BS! When you love someone you love them unconditionally... there are no rules to follow. If someone you love has done wrong no matter the incident.. do you turn your back on them or will you stand and support them. Religion teaches people to love but only on certain terms...which to me will always be BS>

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Because not too many people take religious advice from people who name themselves "SoulStealer."

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
because it's not the way to go about erradicating religion.
just look at soviet russia. they banned religion and replaced it with state worship... and that's how every country that's BANNED religion becomes

i think dawkins is right, we need to raise conciousness.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Check this out religion is a form of Brainwashing, its not about the people but the select few who dictate to the people. The masses are gullible, when your so low on the food chain all a person can do is look to something or someone to guide them. How many time have any of you stopped to ask your self what’s it all about and why are you here. Everyone want something more in life, its bleak.

Yeah, religion can be good if is practiced in the right manner, but religion is also a tool to control the masses.
The tool works even to this day and even more. Don’t feed the beast because there’s no quenching a bottom less pit, as long as there are people and religion the wars will continue. Just don’t get cough in there war, start your own. They have a god to back them, even if they die its of no consequence to them because its their belief that there’s something waiting for them once they’re gone from here. Yeah leave the rest of us out of it. Seem these people can’t wait for the paradise that come after their dead with no regards for the real paradise here that they are turning into their hell. Dame them all to…. Oh to late they already are.

You want to live life with a dark future that seem to stop in some cataclysmic event where every one is judged then religion is your path. If you want to live for yourself and your loved ones with a bright future then change it, if you have to fight for it why not they do. Nuff said

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Religon is the group following of certial secular beliefs. Therefore, Athieism is also a religon. Therefore, it is impossible to eradicate religion.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rodandlana
Can you see Jesus murdering?

Actually, I can. After all, Jesus did have a bad temper. Just consider Jesus overturning the tables of the moneylenders in the temple. This is the action of a Man of Peace?

Later, in the Garden of Gethsemane, shortly before Jesus is arrested, we see the Romans send a cohort of soldiers. They sent a cohort! A cohort of Roman soldiers was 600 men! Why would they send so many troops to arrest one man and, possibly, twelve disciples? Could the Romans have been expecting trouble? Add the incident wherein one of the disciples takes a sword from one of the Centurions (???) and cuts off his ear. Would one really expect a fisherman to be able to disarm a trained soldier and use his own weapon against him?

Jesus was a revolutionary, an Essene or zealot. He was a man who had the makings of armed revolution surrounding him.

Jesus a murderer? Perhaps not. Jesus a revolutionary ready to kill for his political movement......hmmmmmmm?

[edit on 6/17/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
People will forever fight the banning of religion as a whole. It is a Freudian fixation. Take away a baby's pacifier and it will cry, because the baby draws comfort from the nursing instinct. Religion gives meaning and reason to live, to some, mostly because people need satisfaction with thier lives in order to exist. Religion gives meaning an purpose to some. People have a desire for the positive affirmation that they are right, and are following the righteous path. It is the perfect opiate to calm the nerves and a good way to deal with life. People look to religion for strength of self, strength of cause, and strength in numbers
Nevermind that a relationship with god should be on a personal level. How could millions of people who believe the same thing be wrong? it seems illogical. It makes sense to them. That is why religion will not be banned until something comes along and proves religion wrong.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
BRO.... Religion gives a people a reason to live!!! it gives them something to look forward too.. if u think... oh no.. when i die im just gona rot in the ground... what sorta fun can you have while living?... it keeps SOME people very tolerant of others and doing anything they can to reach heaven... or whatever u want to call it....

you CANNOT go by what you see on TV... OMG a few people blew something up due to a religion... SO WHAT... a FEW PEOPLE did something ... look at home many BILLION people there are in the world... and realise... the majority of religion extremists are a minority

(sorry about the spelling.. its late)

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I assume you do not mean we should endevor to ban "Faith", for that would be quite impossible; at least until we could, as a species, achieve complete and perfect knowledge and comprehension of our Universe (note the capitalization).

While there is anything that is unknown, there will be those who fear it.

Faith is an instinctual anodyne to fear. We must either "trust" that "It" will not harm us, or that "It" is, itself, restrained by a more powerful "something" that "loves" and will protect/save us.

Destroy the churches and anything that has to do with religion in public view. Any religion has shown that it is the cause of despair, outright cruelty and causes war.

"Religion", as you have defined it here, is nothing more than a set of behavioral protocols enacted in response to, and re-inforcing of, a consensual belief system. "Religion" in this sense has less to do with a metaphysical reality than a recognition of a species-instinctive need for social intercourse and identity.

At a fundemental level, "religion" 's value is not its ability to relate man to a deity, but in its ability to satisfiy the interpersonal "socialization" needs of its adherants.

So keep that crap out of everyones daily lives so that the world can progress and let's stop living in the stone ages

Unfortunately, it is just that "crap" which those who need religion, need "religion" for. The intrinsic need to "belong" to a social-construct larger and more enduring than oneself and one's immediate environment, is the reason most people who indentify with a religion, do so.

At the risk of offending those non-evolutionists amoung us,

You can take the Monkey out of the Tree, but it is Far more difficult to take the Tree out of the Monkey!

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I just read something about religion is resposible for this for that.. for war... I ask yourselves to question this and reason with your egos and come to the understanding that WE/YOU/I are resonsible for wars for everything we do... We shouldnt point the blame on religion.

We need to change our outlooks on life. Religion unifies, like any group believe does and that give poisitive energy to that cause and if enough people believe great things can occur. is all about energy and channeling it to the greater good.

banning ALL religion/Faiths wouldnt end wars.. it would most probably loose the unification of the mass conciousness and result in mass concious disconnection and even more people will turn to looking externally for example looking for science to answer questions looking at technology to do things for us rather than seeking inwardly for answers.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
God, what is it lately with all this religious discussion? First and foremost: humans were killing each other long before there was any organized religion. If you took away all religion tomorrow they'd just created a new belief system (aka bs) to justify their heinous acts that they commit against their fellow humans.

Atheism is nothing but another belief system . A lot of killing has been done in God/Creator's name to justify acts done out of human greed and avarice. It's still killing your fellow man. Unless you or your loved ones are facing imminent death at the hands of another human being, you can't justify killing another human being can you?

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
So is it safe to say that if there were no religions, there would be no wars? People wouldn't fight over land, money, or natural resources? There would be no killing based on hate, anger, or jealousy?

Face it, even animals fight over land, the opposite sex, and food. The only thing differentiate us between them is religion teaching us not to do so.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
There may still be war and all that good stuff but at least people don't have to die for something as stupid as religion. I am not saying to outlaw it but to keep it in peoples homes and not keep it in the public eye. Those of us who do not or chose not to follow should not have to deal with stupid things like christmas and listen to "in God we trust". Keep it out of institutions and keep your beliefs private. I don't care that jesus died for our sins...I am not an athiest i do believe there is a higher power but don;t care for it and just because i don't want or need its love does not make me a satanist. I live the way i want ...not by set rules.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join