It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrail art.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just wanted to share this interesting photograph taken from the remaining contrails of the space shuttle Atlantis.

Enjoy

Kennedy Space Center, Florida, June 8, 2007

Approximately one hour after the launch of NASA's space shuttle Atlantis, smoke plumes created by the ship's solid rocket boosters linger over the Vehicle Assembly Building at Kennedy Space Center.

Air patterns high above the launch site twisted the contrails into this unusual knotted shape, lighted by the setting sun.

source: National Geographic.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

These ones are from planes near my home. I've seen many strange patterns before, none like that one from the shuttle good pic

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I thought this one was pretty incredible looking:
Soyuz launch vehicle carrying the PanAmSat "Galaxy 14" satellite leaves behind a ghostly plume after staging that catches the sun (below our horizon) and delights the spectating crowd

I saw this one in person, it was quite spectacular and glowed in the dark long after the sun set as the sun was still able to light the high altitude contrail.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I thought this one was pretty incredible looking:...

Wow very impressive pictures (especially the first one), thanks for the reply

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I thought this one was pretty incredible looking:
Soyuz launch vehicle carrying the PanAmSat "Galaxy 14" satellite leaves behind a ghostly plume after staging that catches the sun (below our horizon) and delights the spectating crowd

I saw this one in person, it was quite spectacular and glowed in the dark long after the sun set as the sun was still able to light the high altitude contrail.

wow that looks like a highway to heaven
either that or a kind of nebula.

great pics

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Wow, all the images posted here are really amazing. I had no idea that the contrails left behind made created such interesting formations.

The one with the dark line looks so bizarre, and ominous...

D.M.

top topics

join