It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spooks infiltrating UFO community?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The problem I'm having with this story is that once we start talking about intelligence agencies, the people involved, etc, then how do we distinguish an 'investigative report' from an institutionally pushed story?

Once your cross the threashold to spooky-land, there is no information value without trusted sources and cross corroboration, and all I see is a story that has been pushed to ATS twice so far. It is clear that this story is 'finding means of distribution.' But for who's purpose?

I'm inclined to ignore this story and assume that there is an agenda behind it.

Anyone care to vouch for the authors?

[edit on 17-6-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
No one has come to see me yet. The 'spooks' have more to worry about if they disrupt people lives over things like this than it's really worth.

I invite any government agency that has information on these types of sciences to come see me as I would really like to speak with you, you should already know where I live.

Gravity Distortion Vehicle 2002 Sighting

[edit on 6/17/2007 by Spoodily]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
What is a 'spook'? Is that a disinformation agent?

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amazon Lights

CIA agent.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
UFO researchers and lots of other people are shouting in the void. The common Joe doesn't want to hear he's not alone in space. His ego would be hurt. He believes the bull# he's told on TV, and that's all.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

from Fowl Play:
What i am saying, is not all UFO's are alien vessels, and not all Aliens are real.

Do you know which are which?

Is there something you're not telling us?

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily

Originally posted by Amazon Lights

CIA agent.

or pretty much any intelligence operative, disinfo agent, hired mercenary, etc.....

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Or if you were in the Navy, spooks ment anything dealing with the intelligence and cryptologists. Since I was part of both of those sides, I was called a spook often. Althought the story they tell you about getting a marine sharpshooter that will kill you before you get captured is bogus, it certainatly brought more humor to a rather dull field. Unless you count reading intel reports and cracking code fun, then whoopie!!!

I can say though in my career I seen no aliens, but that doesn't mean I don't think they possibly exist.

-Aza

[edit on 17-6-2007 by Azathoth]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

from Fowl Play:
What i am saying, is not all UFO's are alien vessels, and not all Aliens are real.

Do you know which are which?

Is there something you're not telling us?

I am sorry, but i cannot really comment on that.... peeps know what im talking about, if you research and have an eye for dismissing the Gak, you have a chance..

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
We active MUFON/NUFOC/UFO Congress attendees know there are always people around us who CAN BE AND LIKELY ARE plants from government agencies. They want to know what's being lectured ... what the non-lecturing attendees are discussing amongst themselves ... and everything else that's going on in such gatherings.

I think I've known one such person for several years -- I've even debated privately with him about topics and theories -- and often he seems generally astonished (and sometimes dismayed) at comments he hears and theories being put forth. I've sometimes wondered if he's beginning to "see the LIGHT" and questioning what he's doing in his suspicious capacity.

I wonder if our governments often think some of US are getting better information than THEY are receiving from the alien contacts being paid/bartered with/trusted by these official agencies... In my particular situation, I get the feeling some of we contactees are doing far better at ferreting out the truth than our high paid Officials.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
y would they want to infultrate a ufo group????

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor
y would they want to infultrate a ufo group????

That has already happened. NICAP was infiltrated, taken over, and driven out of business. NICAP was the biggest UFO group ever with thousands of members, but always shakey financially. Donald Keyhoe headed it up for years. Their main focus was trying to get congressional hearings on UFOs. They got too close, and they were taken out. Interestingly, NICAP had CIA folks on their board from the beginning, including a CIA Director, Roscoe Hillenkoetter. Colonel Joseph Bryan, fromer chief of the CIA psychological warfare staff, was chairman of NICAP when he forced Keyhoe to resign. He then took over himself and made management decisions that were contrary to the health of the always precarious organization to the point that it went bankrupt and disbanded.

Congrssional hearings was the focus of NICAP and Keyhoe. Note that the membership was composed of mostly straightforward people. No moths, no contactees, no abductions. It had credibility and 5,000 members and was taken out.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Congrssional hearings was the focus of NICAP and Keyhoe. Note that the membership was composed of mostly straightforward people. No moths, no contactees, no abductions. It had credibility and 5,000 members and was taken out.

Aren't you the one that always scoffs at the concept of covert/disinfo operations against UFO witnesses/communities?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

Aren't you the one that always scoffs at the concept of covert/disinfo operations against UFO witnesses/communities?

Where did I say that? Doesn't my post suggest otherwise? Perhaps it's your turn to be 'open minded' and not make assumptions about what others may believe, eh?

[edit on 10/15/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Where did I say that?

Well, I specifically recall you scoffing at the notion that there are paid debunkers and other "spooks" on ATS, though I'm not going to dredge up the thread.

Doesn't my post suggest otherwise?

Yes, it does.

But you see, if you can believe that NICAP got infiltrated and shut down by the spooks, that opens up a whole huge can of worms.

That means communities like ATS could also be infiltrated.

That means groups like Greer Inc and ECETI could also be ongoing targets of theirs.

I just found it a rather glaring contradiction that you believe NICAP was targetted, but scoffed at the notion that ATS and Greer Inc are too.........

top topics

<< 1   >>

join