It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why look for the truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
They say that the truth will set you free. But is the truth really what you want? I do not know why people like the truth. I do like the truth but I do not like talking about it. We all know there is a truth. That there is some sort of government conspiracy out there. That there are some moles in the government, that there are spies. That people have infiltrated the government. But, the internet is a dangerous place. Why talk about it here when the enemy is watching us. Why care who controls the enemy when it is attacking us? Do you really think that such governments would want an enemy to attack its own people? So, or do you think it is the administration that wants it as part of their foreign policy to influence other countries? So, or do you think it's part of the new American century? SO, or why do you think we look for the truth, is it part of our minds looking for another answer? Or is it part of a bigger truth... or is it part of the government saying that things are not adding up and they want us to look for the truth only to be disappointed to find out there is no real truth and that the truth is a fantasy. So, is this what you are looking for?

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
For those that have there lifes destroyed, the truths important. People that destroy lifes hide behind lies, and todays society is a tabloid newspaper world.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The truth is very important to me, whatever it is.

The most offensive thing anyone can do to me is lie, and I pride myself on being able to detect when someone is lying to my face. When I'm presented with a lie i tend to never trust that person again.

With the proven deceptions put over on the people by governments I've lost all faith in our leadership, and that's just sad. :shk:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Truth is a philosophical concept. Truth is what or how you believe something to be. When a belief is taken to be an absolute truth, it becomes protected and defended on faith. Look at religon. Look at money. Look at government. They all remain in existance because enough people believe them to be true in faith. Zeus was very real to the Greeks. One dollar and 100 dollars are just ink on paper, backed by nothing but your faith. Roman Empire? Trojan Army that held the forces of 1000 ships? Republic of Texas (1836-1845)? All gone, now.

Truth is what you make of it.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
THE TRUTH IS IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE 9/11 SITUATION IS THAT IT WAS CONCOCTED BY OUR GOVERNMENT TO FURTHER A NEW WORLD ORDER POLICY, WHICH BRINGS BIG BROTHER MORE INTO THE PICTURE WHILE FURTHERING AN ILLUMINATI/MASON CONSPIRING FOR CAMERA'S EVERYWHERE, AND GPS TRACKING CHIPS UNDER THE SKIN. READ BEHOLD A PALE HORSE BY WILLIAM COOPER FOR FURTHER BACKGROUND INFORMATION.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This post is in association with what the last member said. Yes, I think the government wants to control us, wants things to go their way, and makes us beleive lies. The government does want to hurt it's own people to a certain degree. I.E 9/11! Basicly the u.s of a isn't a democracy. I say this because the Electorial Collage gets the finial say on who wins the presidential election. The peoples vote just shows who the people want, and has no influence on who actually wins the election. The point is, that the government controls us. There is no stopping them.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Interesting line of thought. Why do people seem so hungary for the truth? They are hungary for it because there are now so many questions to ansewer. With the internet I can find all the questions and truths I want. Once upon a time people had to travel the world to find questions and truths beyond what could be found locally, these days its 2 seconds away.

We live in a time of information overload, the days of traveling the world to find wisdom are almost gone. Once we traveled to find new perspectives and questions and ansewers, but now we find it all without the life experience to really understand and feel it.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
From the time that Pontius Pilate asked Christ "Que es veritas?" to the present, humanity has looked for truth and has yet to find it. Why? I think the answer is alittle more complex than this, but I will simplify it.

Our mind only filters bits and pieces of the iformation that we obtain at any given moment. Therefore, we don't see the overall picture that is, in reality, laid out right in front of us.

Now, when you apply this to political conspiracies, which seems to be the focal point of this thread, this implies a couple of things. (1) It implies that people are blind by the faith that people re honest to other people. (2) People think that their government, maybe not explicitly, but deep down, would never fall into corruption.

Many reasons why people are increasing their search is because that mindset is beginning to crumble. Here is an example of what I mean:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A quarter century after the Reagan revolution and a dozen years after Republicans vaulted into control of Congress, a new CNN poll finds most Americans still agree with the bedrock conservative premise that, as the Gipper put it, "government is not the answer to our problems -- government is the problem."

The poll released Friday also showed that an overwhelming majority of Americans perceive, correctly, that the size and cost of government have gone up in the past four years, when Republicans have had a grip on the House of Representatives, the Senate and the White House.

Discretionary spending grew from $649 billion in fiscal year 2001 to $968 billion in fiscal year 2005, an increase of $319 billion, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

People are starting to come out of the lull

People are beginning to understand that the powers that be have their fingertips deep into our business.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Why seek out the truth? Because we, as a human race, deserve to know the truth.

Why discuss it on the internet? Because the internet is our last hope for seeking out and spreading the truth.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I believe the search for the truth is encoded in pretty much every human.

It is our nature to ask questions and find out the truth.

Thanks to our media in the US and around the world (among other things), people have become more complacent and take everything at face value.

"Things are just the way they are, nothing ever changes."

If we had this attitude ten years ago, 9/11 would have happened much earlier.

People for the most part want to be free. They want to live their lives in safety and raise their children.

There are those who do not hold the same values as the most of us.

They wish to control, constrict, and take advantage of those they consider "weak."

Fortunately, they have underestimated the power of the people. Their arrogance and ignorance will be their downfall.

Unfortunately however, it will take a group of dedicated seekers to expose the corruption.

I don't think one person will be able to do it. MLK and JFK tried to, guess where they ended up? Little truth exposed and dead in the ground.

Maybe this time if we unite there will be a better chance of the truth being known to the masses.

Maybe they will be awake enough to listen with their hearts instead of their minds.

Maybe.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think there is no such thing as the truth. No matter what the masses believe in, they will always think that they are being lied to. I think we as humans are programmed to question everything around us, so we can figure things out. Yet, truth seems almost unattainable. Beliefs are more important than perception of truth.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
I'm beginning to think there is no such thing as the truth. Yet, truth seems almost unattainable.

Unfortunately, I have just about come to the same conclusion. There are too many groups in this world that are screaming at the top of their lungs that they have the truth, when in reality, they don't even seem to be close.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
i dont know if the truth is unattainable - it's just subjective.. so one person's truth could be the next man's fantasy.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
the truth is basic, its the complex fabricated reality we live in that gets to us.

eat, sleep, live, and above all else learn.

top topics

join