It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Junk, pull the plug!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Why not have someone delete all the junk on the internet, or a big wipe it all out you better have your important stuff backed up to rid the virus, pop-ups junk, ect.
Maybe they should restart with 2 internets or more. 1 as a library, and others for commerce, junk, homepages, ect?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It's in production. Plans have been made of Internet2(primary focus on speed) to be just available to quality content, though browsable by all.

I would love to get rid of all those damn private homepage's. Who gives a poop if Jon and Marry have a 3-year old daughter?

At least ban all private homepages.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
ok, ban all private homepages. while you do that, let me burn the constituion and all it stands for. brb.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo

I'd love for you to tell Gazrok that. (and half of ATS while you're at it.)

Not a wise thing. People are proud of their moments in life, and want to share. If you don't like it, don't browse it.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
While i agree personal homepages are for the most part useless, that really doesnt justify banning them. If you want to get technical about it just set a few firewall rules to drop all packets from tripod, geocities, angelfire, and all the other major page providers. As for cleaning up the internet, its a waste of energy to even think about it, its so large its never going to happen.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

It's in production. Plans have been made of Internet2(primary focus on speed) to be just available to quality content, though browsable by all.

I would love to get rid of all those damn private homepage's. Who gives a poop if Jon and Marry have a 3-year old daughter?

Uhmmm.

I can see "quality content" being quite expensive to be honest.

KNow what i mean?

IN other words, I think there are going to be thousands of websites that re-load very very quickly, as long as you have been just as quick to get your credit card out and join to view them (each site).

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

you say there working on speed? like working on fatter pips or better compressing tech?

becouse my 5Mb cable seams fast enf

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Banning private websites?
That is the whole reason the internet has grown so much to begin with...I think something needs to be done about all the popups and excessive ads...I understand the need for businesses to make money, but we don't need annoying popups or flash ads that appear and get in the way of the actual content.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yeah the internet needs more freedom not less.

but tech could be used to shut down these shysters that take advantage of all of the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well, I would love for one to see those "shysters" lose the freedom of polluting everyone's email account with unwanted crap.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   

It's in production. Plans have been made of Internet2(primary focus on speed) to be just available to quality content,
What? Somebody controlling Internet2? Whoever determines what 'quality' content is on this Internet2 is going to control this cyberspace for sure.

As for deleting all the 'junk' on the internet--one person's junk is another person's treasure.

top topics

join