It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A cure for terrorists...a modest proposal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have been pondering the problem of the war on terrorism as it is being fought by our fearless leaders and I think there is a fatal flaw. For one thing, there are more terrorists being produced for every successful anti-terrorism operation we engage in. Short of using the neutron bomb to annihilate the entire terrorist-producing population, killing many freedom and democracy-loving innocents, we have no option now except keeping these misguided freedom-haters in Guantanamo. I'm sure we have better things to do with our base in Cuba than house those freedom hating islamofascists. And, at the rate we are going, we are going to need Australia to hold all the world's terrorists soon as the numbers are rising exponentially. Here is my solution:

As some may recall, a cure for bad thinking in the 1900's was the frontal lobotomy. It was performed on many thousands of gays, mentally deranged, and politically incorrect individuals with favorable results. Those that survived, became pliable, obedient people, perfectly suited to stuffing bags at the grocery store checkout and uterrly incapable of plotting terrorism.

Now, it is 2007, and generally this is thought of as "icky." Here is the solution.

en.wikipedia.org...

We use the gamma knife to remove the frontal lobes of terrorists in the base on Guantanmo and return them back to their home nations. The procedure would be done after they were rendered unconscious, so no one would know that it happened. The effects are not instant, so they would go back to Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine or even England, plotting revenge on the "Great Satan," but would gradually turn into a zombie, confounding their islamic brethren. Eventually the word would get out that, if caught by the americans, you return a mental invalid. Since a lobotomized person is not much use for anything, even a suicide bombing, it would end the terrorists plans quickly.

You know what? I think this could even be adapted for use at home and for maintaining proper attitude in the NWO!

We could treat all the inmates in our prisons and end the expense of housing them, completely eliminate crime here at home, get rid of all those pesky mentally ill folks on the streets. After treatment, they would all be happy to just relax in a work camp, picking up trash on the road sides...and be happy doing it...

[edit on 15-6-2007 by j_kalin]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
You couldn't have used a better reference than wikipedia?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Okay, just how do you "round up" all of the terrorist... they're everywhere.
Not to mention the insurgents that we have trouble finding.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
You also have to look at the costs. A bullet is a lot cheaper.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I like the lobotomy idea. I want to volunteer my services to administer a 9mm lobotomy to each and every terrorist. I even have my own instruments, but I might need a supply of probes.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Nobody wishes to state the tax costs on giving killers a second chance?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironside

I don't believe that someone who kills in an act of terrorism deserves a second chance.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

I don't believe that someone who kills in an act of terrorism deserves a second chance.
I believe that too, so why waste the money?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
To end islamic terrorism all you would have to do is make a public film of all coalition forces dipping their bullets in pigs blood.

Then even the misguided followers of Islam who think their cause is just would know that as they had been contaminated Allah would reject them.

I believe the UK did this decades ago and it stopped the uprising overnight. Not on film though.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Violence begets Violence...

As much as I hate to say that and it sticks in my throat as I type it...

Key to ending Terrorists is education. These are people who have been brought up in conditions worse then even the harshest parts of any major city in the USA. They have been indoctrinated and in some cases brainwashed through there own education (Much like many of us were in Public edumacation system) into believing that a Holy War was a good thing and even the thought of Paradise to them is better then what they are living now.
They need to be shown that THAT way of life is not the end-all-be-all for them... But how do you tell that to people who as a culture will murder/rape/execute/torture/mutilate there own people to enforce there religion onto others even unto killing there own daughters... Japan managed to do it in 1944 when it was still legal for them to kill there son's if they had dishonored the family but it took a strongarm effort from the government to do so. Today in the Middle East that is not likely to happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You couldn't have used a better reference than wikipedia?

www.radiologyinfo.org...

Here ya go, figured wiki would be easiest to understand.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
want to get rid of terrorist or what ever you may want to call unhappy people with the invasion of their lands in pursue of oil?

Lets force our government to stop depending on foreign oil and start looking for fuel alternative in our own lands.

That will stop the madness in the middle east for sure.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Lets force our government to stop depending on foreign oil and start looking for fuel alternative in our own lands.

That will stop the madness in the middle east for sure.

marg,

I agree with you on ending our dependance on foreign oil, but I don't think that it will do anything to solve the problems in the Middle East.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I disagree, the war on terrorism is more than likely creating more terrorists than we are capturing/killing.
The longer we spend occupying a foreign land the deeper the problem will becomes, it's a catch 22 situation.

The goverments involved in this war on terror obviously know that it's counter productive, what were once moderates to the west are now turning because they are seeing the blood of their brothers & sisters on the news daily. I for one would turn against them if I were on their side of the equation, so why do they proceed...Economics.
We have lost our way in the west, it's all about making money at the expense of people in far away lands & it sickens me.

Forget giving lobotomies & stop occuping lands that do not belong to us & the problem won't escalate.
Unfortunatly it won't happen, we will see more terrorist attacks & we will invade more & more countries in the interest of stopping this war on terror.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
That just seems not only impractical, but also inefficient. Although I'm sure it would be entertaining. I am still a firm beleiver that nuking the terrorist homelands is the best solution.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
How about we stop meddling in their government affairs, bombing their homes, killing their family members, stealing their resources, and occupying their land? That'll be an easy solution to the terrorism problem.

Everybody thinks they're so evil. We bomb and bomb and bomb, cause the deaths of nearly 600,000 civilians in Iraq alone, and it's all in the name of "freedom". But let them blow up a road side bomb and damage a military vehicle, even if they don't kill any of our soldiers, and we label it evil or a radical ideology.

It's being hypocritical like that that'll make you hated in the world. Stretching beyond your borders will get you hated.

Imagine if you were in a poor third world country. You had nothing but some rock house and your family. Then some country that has more wealth, technology, and comfort of living than they need and that you can possibly imagine, comes into your land, runs you from your homes, and steals your nation's one exported resource, the one thing stopping your country from collapsing economically, and they shove all the profits in their pockets. How would you feel?

It's really pathetic what our government and our media has done to the people of this country. They've convinced the majority of the 290 million+ people that they're evil for fighting for their land and their lives, and we're the saviors stealing what little they have.

They hate us for a reason. You don't see them attacking Norway or Switzerland or nations like that. That's because they mind their own business and stay within their borders. That's something we need to learn how to do.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I am still a firm beleiver that nuking the terrorist homelands is the best solution.

While I don't think that is the preferable route, I think it is the,unfortunately, the inevitable one. It may not happen today or tomorrow, or even twenty years from now, but it most likely will happen.

There will come a time when the western world will be backed into a corner to such an extent that to ensure its own survival, the Middle East region will be no more.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have an even more modest proposal: develop a virus to wipe out the whole rest of the world. Then the US will never have to worry about foreign policy ever again. Plus free oil and other resources.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I am still a firm beleiver that nuking the terrorist homelands is the best solution.

The terrorist homeland?

And which terrorists would they be? The fundamentalist Muslims who represent a minority of the overall religion?
Or the soldiers which march through their lands, guns constantly ready, tanks well armed and constant aerial sweeps?

I think you need to be cleared up on something... what you propose is nothing but genocide, which will do nothing but confirm the fanatical Muslim view that the West is evil.

Kill the Muslims and make the world safe? What a very ignorant thing to say. Never mind the fact that America is slowly amassing an offensive force that is ridiculously large. Why do they need so many nuclear weapons? Why so many soldiers?
My view is that America is nothing but a terrorist state, but one based on Christianity, and then we get the root of the problem. This whole 'Muslim terrorist' thing the US is pushing is starting to sound, to the rest of the world, a little too much like the evil Muslims are being defeated by the righteous Christians.

So we have Muslim terrorists, and Christian ones.... which homeland do you want us to destroy?

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
There are 2 solutions to this problem, the cure mentioned at the start of this topic isn't going to work, but these 2 will.

First, get a reread done on Islam. Both the Qur'an and Hadith must be changed or deleted because of what they teach each Muslim to do. For those who don't know what they teach here are a few of the basics:

A. Muslims give non-Muslims 3 choices in life.
1. Become a Muslim
2. Become a dhimma (second class citizen) and pay taxes (jizya) while living under a very strict lifestyle that limits your personal freedoms, such as how you worship and how you act towards Muslims
3. Death

B. If you get beat in battle use treaties to your advantage while you build up your strength again.

C. Some mentioned that Christians are just as evil as Muslims. So did Jesus Christ go around killing people to spread his religion like Muhammad did? The answer is no.

BTW, any area that is currently controlled by any Muslim gov’t was taken over during wars that the Muslims waged on the people who originally lived there, i.e. Christians, Jews, and Pagans. There was no friendly decision for them to let the Muslims take over, it was done by force. The Crusades happened to defend those lands after they were attacked by Muslims. This is factual world history.

Second choice is wiping Islam off the face of this planet. While this is the most drastic measure it will end most acts of terrorism and end this cycle of violence that started when Muhammad fled his native town after his family disagreed with him. His messages from Allah were not accepted by the people he lived with and he decided to use force to make his point. These are the facts about the start of the Islamic religion.

I know someone is going to say that I’m wrong, but I would like all of you to read about the history of Islam and learn the truth. It is spread by the sword and do you think that has changed? Political Correctness has made many people unaware of these facts and don’t see what is bound to happen if nobody does something to change what the Qur’an and Hadith teach. Change can solve this problem, but will it happen?

Reading the history of Islam and verses out of Islamic texts only backup what I mentioned. How much time is the world going to give the Muslims until they change what they are being taught? I think time is running out like someone else said, and there will be a day that millions will die, all because of the religion they believe in.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join