It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

scientific counterpart for Psychometry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I have been looking for some information along the lines of Psychometry for a while now. For a brief explanation, followed by a wiki link - Psychometry is basically when someone can "feel" the past by touching an object that was involved with that past. Whether they claim it to be vibrations, or some sort of akashik records phenomena, or etc.

I am really interested in information on any kind of scientific counterpart to this - anything from storing data using vibration using new technology, to known experiments with vibrations and the past.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I have seen experiments on this type of exercises, I think that some people in the paranormal use them working with the police to find missing people.

Or to make a picture of what may have happen to a missing person.

I don't know how accurate it may be but some claim it works.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The "vibrations" mentioned haven't actually ever been measured by anyone. They are emotinal impressions and if you give three different psychometers an object, you'll likely to get four different readings. If I create a polyclay bead for my cat and put it around his neck and then give it to them to "read", they will come up with all sorts of info. If I tell them it's a cat, they will say that the info comes from me. If I tell them that the info is wrong, they will tell me that it comes from the clay and whoever dug it up (which would be wrong) or from my past lives.

Try it for yourself (you can meet them at psychic fairs in your area). Expect to be underwhelmed.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
thats a shame.. just for the record, i am skeptical about this, and in fact I'm more on the side of doubt, than anything else.

That's the main reason I would like to know a scientific counterpart, as opposed to scientific proof that psychometry works. I'm hoping to come across something like vibrology, or something else (by the way I made that word up, dont bother googling
)

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well, I Googled it anyways, got a bunch of links to "Dads Divorce Forums"...

Anyways, there are a few examples I can give of which certain historical events can imprint themselves onto objects... but not in the sense that you're looking for.

DNA is imprinted with pretty much everything that happens to it... it's how it adapts to it's environment really...

There are plenty of substances which hold light and light patterns for varying lengths of time.

Energy itself is imprinted on matter many ways, through static charges, to ionization, to inducing a magnetic pole on some or all of the substance.

The point is, there will always be new things such as these to discover, and who knows, one of them might just prove that it was possible all along!

[EDIT]
Looks like 'Vibrology' is the name of someone who talks regularly on Divorce help forums, and love assistance forums... also a future site for godaddy.com...
In case you were curious.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by johnsky]

new topics

top topics

join