It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youth for Human Rights org promotes UN as world government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I saw an ad last night on a mainstream media channel for an organization called Youth for Human Rights. This seemed suspicious to me, (all "youth" political groups seem suspicious to me, as well as any political organizations allowed to advertise on the mainstream media), so I went to their web page to check it out. In their "Our Purpose" section, they say...

Youth for Human Rights International (YHRI) is an independent non-profit corporation headquartered in Los Angeles, with the purpose to educate people in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights so they become valuable advocates for tolerance and peace.

Ok, so looking at the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" it starts with some things that pretty much nobody would object to, such as...

1. We are all free and equal. We are all born free. We all have our own thoughts and ideas. We should all be treated in the same way.
2. Don't discriminate. These rights belong to everybody, whatever our differences.
3. The right to life. We all have the right to life, and to live in freedom and safety.
4. Slavery – past and present. Nobody has any right to make us a slave. We cannot make anyone our slave.
5. Torture. Nobody has any right to hurt us or to torture us.

However even though the ideas stated here are already almost universally agreed on, a couple things should already be evident. First is that the way this was written looks as if it was authored by a child, yet YHRI is corporation operating out of Los Angeles that is well funded enough to air ads on national TV. Are we to believe they have a child writing the document which promoting is their stated purpose? The second problem that springs to mind is that some of these provisions look exploitable, most notable the "right to live in safety". While it sounds benign, we've seen safety used as a reason to take away freedoms before.

The document continues...

6. We all have the same right to use the law. I am a person just like you!
7. We are all protected by the law. The law is the same for everyone. It must treat us all fairly.

Two rights emphasizing the law in a universal rights declaration, the first the right to use the law, the second the right to be protected by law. But there is no global law... yet.

The document gets worse from there, and I'm not going to go over all 30 of the so-called rights listed but I would like to draw your attention to a couple smoking guns...

26. The right to education. Education is a right. Primary school should be free. We should learn about the United Nations and how to get on with others...

And from the unabridged version, (which is significantly different by the way, and obviously not written by a child),...

ARTICLE 28... Everyone is entitled to a social and international order in which the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration can be fully realized.

Not only are they saying having a global order is a "right", they are also saying that rights and freedoms are given to us by the declaration. Compare to the US Constitution, which lists what powers the government has and states anything not listed is a right belonging to the people.

ARTICLE 29... (1) Everyone has duties to the community in which alone the free and full development of his personality is possible....
(3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.

Part 1 sounds straight out of the Hitler Youth program. Part 3 tells us who governs this "social and international order".

Abridged version is at youthforhumanrights.org...

The significantly different full version is at youthforhumanrights.org...

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Now after looking around a bit, I see that this organization is promoted by scientologists and that noted scientologist Isaac Hayes and recent CFR member Angelina Jolie will be singing the organization's praises in an upcoming commercial for Pepsi. See article here.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by JulioJuliopolis]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Dr. Pouran Ameli
President, American-Iranian Friendship Association

Sheriff Leroy Baca
Los Angeles County Sheriff

Almog Burstein
Mayor of Hod Hasharon, one of the districts of Tel Aviv, Israel

Teresa Cheung
Hong Kong born actress, model, clothing designer and humanitarian.

Sheeraz Hasan
Founder, Tinseltown TV and Hollywood TV

Hans Janitschek
President, United Nations Society of Writers and Artists

Rev. E. McKinney
C.E.O., The Ghana Trade Information Office

Irving Sarnoff
Founder, Friends of the United Nations
-----

HAHAHHAAHAHAHAH!!!! Look at the second advisor. Isn't he the dumbass who let Paris Hilton out of jail to serve her sentence at home after the judge explicitly forbade it in the terms?!!!

Sounds like he's down with human rights, especially for those more equal than others.

stinky-poo!!! Keep the kids away from this propoganda!

btw Baca is also a scientologist.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by Stale Cracker]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulioJuliopolis

The significantly different full version is at [url=http://youthforhumanrights.org/introduction/udhr_full.

You had heard of the universal declaration before finding on that site right?

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Mr.Tibbs]

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Mr.Tibbs]

new topics

top topics

join