It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimi Hendrix - Love Ya Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
My friend Enjoies and I have sent each other a bunch of Jimi Vids. He just sent me another one. Jimi. Wow! The man died more than 30 years ago. He was only in his 20's. Yet his music is still amazin' and stuff. Jimi - I'm givin' you a "G" AMAZING. (Get it?) Alot of people ask the question - If you could have a beer with someone, who would it be? For me - my top 3
1) Jimi Hendrix
2) Stephen King
3) Billy Joel

Jimi really did change music as we know it. Ever watch him on the Woodstock videos? Jeeezus Christmas! He was doin' things nobody ever even thought of. For everyone who listens to and appreciates 'Rock', watch every Jimi video you can. Jimi was so far ahead of his time, he makes Titor look like a lightweight. The man could not read music, yet he changed it forever.
I'm as hetero as it comes, but Jimi - I LOVE you man.
Rest in peace my good man, and when my times come to pass the pearly gates - I want to jam with you Dude.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
He was awesome. His combo was one of the influences on me when I learned to play bass guitar.

I did hear something once ... Some people think it was a conspiracy he died, that he wasn't treated in the ambulance when he was choking.

A perfect topic for ATS, perhaps?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

listen here baby

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

listen here baby

Lys - thanx man...............

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

listen here baby

Lys - thanx man...............

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
As a matter of fact last night I was watching old footage of Jimi Hendrix celebrating his last birthday backstage with the Rolling Stones. Most part of the video is dubbed with background music, sadly we can't hear much of the original audio.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Thanks for those clips!

Jimi is certainly one of the main reasons for my obsession with bits of electrified, wire and wood.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

I did hear something once ... Some people think it was a conspiracy he died, that he wasn't treated in the ambulance when he was choking.

Noel Redding alluded to it in his book that he wrote about the great man. Looking for the book in my book shelf but cant find it, damnit.
He also had to endure a lot of bigotry from some famous artists, the story Noel Redding tells about when Jimi met Jerry Lee Lewis made me want to smash something.

new topics

top topics

join