It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens Gulf blitz if US hits nuclear plants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Admiral Ali Shamkhani, a senior defence adviser to the supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, warned that Gulf states providing the US with military cooperation would be the key targets of a barrage of ballistic missiles.

Shamkhani told the US journal Defense News that missiles would be launched not only at US military bases but also at strategic targets such as oil refineries and power stations.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LINK

To me it sounds like the words of a very frightened little man.

He seems to be saying, if I go, I am going to take as many people with me as possible.

Add to this the fact that even "hardcore" Muslim apologists admit they are out to build nuclear weapons.

Now put together those two idea's Iran with nuclear weapons and I will fire missiles at many countries..........

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm a patriot and I love living in the good old USA and if someone came to my home and bombed something of mine, guess what? I'm gonna bomb them right back. We should expect retaliation if we do bomb them. They have every right to hit us back. What did we do from the effects of 9/11? We hit them back. It's a big never ending circle all over "our" world.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
...and if we wait until those missiles have nuclear tipped warheads he will use them anyway, so I say bite the bullet and do it now.

Thank you Ayatollah Ali Khamenei for removing all doubt what a threat Iran is.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It would be folly to only take out the nuclear plants.

The best course would be to take out the command and control of the military, all the air and naval bases and ports, communications infrastructure, hospitals, highways, power grids, seats of government, etc. and let them keep the nuclear power plants.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I believe something is about to happen with Iran. Lately the Iranians have been talking more and more of destroying Isreal, even more that usual. Now with a nuclear infrastructure of unknown size or capabilities, Iran has become the hottest and most unstable place on the planet. Along with open talks with allying with the Russians by both the Russians and Iranians things could get really ugly. Now would be the perfect time to use nukes with the bulk of our trained army in Iraq, especially for Iran. Iraq is right next door so they dont need ICBMs to hit Americans. Also Iraq would be a great point to send troops into Isreal...if Iran doesnt want to just nuke them. The key to war with Iran wil be Russia...if you see them doing anything along the lines of preparing for war then you should probably start digging a fallout shelter.

The problem with attacking Iran is that the have a Huge standing army along with a 100k man suicide army. Iran is also very mountainous and hilly where as Iraq is flat and sandy. Attacking Iran would be somewhat difficult. But the suicide army alone would be horrendous to deal with. Can you imagine 10-20-30 bombings a day in downtown Tehran/Baghdad? Iran has already said if we attack their nuke infrastructure and didnt invade that theyd come into Iraq. Again...itd get very ugly.

[edit on 10/6/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The best course would be to take out the ...hospitals, highways, power grids...

Take out the Hospitals Grady? That's pretty sickening dude.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Take out the Hospitals Grady? That's pretty sickening dude.

Okay. Let them have the hospitals, but they lose the nuke plants.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The only losers of a strike against Iran is us the consumers that will be paying up to our heads on gas prices.

The winners as usual are the oil barons and their market control, the profits are going to be up the roof.

Occurs the death and destruction of yet another nation under the US hands is of not consequences just like Iraq.

[edit on 10-6-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pfeil
I believe something is about to happen with Iran. Lately the Iranians have been talking more and more of destroying Isreal, even more that usual.

In one my quiet little unnoticed threads I ask about Iran doing some preping of their own. This could be a bit more than the saber rattling that people like to dismiss it as.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The only losers of a strike against Iran is us the consumers that will be paying up to our heads on gas prices.

The only losers? Is that all you can think of when people are dieing?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Thank you Ayatollah Ali Khamenei for removing all doubt what a threat Iran is.

How does Iran saying it would strike against the nations allied to those attacking it, if such a hypothetical situation were to occur, remove all doubt that they are a threat?

[edit on 10/6/07 by Implosion]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think Iran is highly underestimating the might of the US military. We have two carrier groups in the gulf and could bring in one to two more if necessary. I don't think we have fired a Tomahawk missile in anger since the beginning of the war, and our B1, B2, and B52 bombers are getting very limited use in Iraq. I am sure we have been watching them very closely for months, if not years with satellites and Special Forces to address the missile threat. I do not believe they even have enough launchers to shoot hundreds of missiles at once. They are sure to get a wave off in the early stages of any conflict, but they will not be around long to be a menace.

We have been fighting in Iraq with one arm tied behind our backs, and I don't think that is a good indication of our military. Who knows maybe we will bring out some of our new toys (F22) in a conflict with Iran? Not to mention we do have Iran surrounded with bases, and we will not have an issue with limits on attack strategy like we did when Turkey backed out.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

The problem with attacking Iran is that the have a Huge standing army along with a 100k man suicide army. Iran is also very mountainous and hilly where as Iraq is flat and sandy. Attacking Iran would be somewhat difficult. But the suicide army alone would be horrendous to deal with.

Well that's why I don't advocate an invasion. Our beef is not with the Iranian people many of whom are kind generous people well disposed to the west.

The Isreali raid on the Osiraq reactor in 1984 (or was it 1987?) put an end to Saddam's nuclear ambitions. After that he was containable.

Bullies only respect one thing... Bigger bullies.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
During the Iranian Hostage Crisis, American fighters did practice fights over the mountains around Bristol, VA due to the terrian being similar. Anyone know if we are zooming around there again?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Jesus,
We invade and occupy yet threaten anyone who dares build a defense against us.
We scream how rabid and evil they are, when they declare they'll strike at us, if we bomb then......

whos the maniac here? the person who knows his actions will result in major war? or the person who's prepared to defend himself against the foreign aggression?

jesus brainwashing if rife atm,

Of course Iran is preparing itself, ofcourse they are seeking a nuclear deterant.. Nkorea proved we will not enforce our western way on you if you have the bomb... but if you dont, liek Iraq... we'll paint you to be a evil doer and occupy ur land killing your citizens.

Iran can be CONTAINED if they have the bomb.
Just like we've managed to contain Russia, France, England, Pakistan, India and Israel.....

all those countries have threatened other people/nations at one stage...
what makes iran any different? because they are muslim?
because muslims attack us on 911?

that just lends MORE credability to this whole post 911 world being a charade.

America, if you strike Iran you will cause a conflict that will change the way of the world.

Economies, Trade, Travel, Religion, freedom of speach.....

Know how life always throws a warning at you, and if you dont achnowlege it and move on it, you're gauranteed to bare the consequences.

So why is it, the public have take on the warning 'iraq'
yet our leaders still refuse to accept it?

Who's war is this anyway?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Have any of you tried to get back at your parents by doing the things you weren't allowed to do as a kid? As you're older, an adult, you're able to make your own decisions. Would any of you look at the restrictions or punishment instilled upon you when you were younger to prevent you from doing the same things as an adult?

What does this have to do with Iran?

Do any of you really think that simply bombing Iran is going to make Iran the peaceful and loving country ready to join hands with the civilized world?

Let's be honest here.

Seriously, bomb Iran, yeah, it will slow them down, but what's the likely scenario they're just going to say "Ok, we're sorry, we won't do that again!"?

PLEASE.

Iran will simply lick their wounds, and try to think of ways of doing whatever it is Iran feels like doing.... and Americans have a bigger bill to pay.

What's the likely hood of seeing another drawn out war, costing mega trillions of dollars to the American tax payers (i.e. Iraq) unless Iran is completely and utterly taken out...

Perhaps more people should consider what the options are before shaking fists and banging on the war drums.... because it's going to cost something no matter how you look at it.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I'd like to point out a few things that are being overlooked in this thread.

1) THE DISPARITY BETWEEN THE AMERICAN AND IRANIAN MILITARY IS NOT SO VAST AS YOU MAY BELIEVE.

Keep in mind that waaaay back in 1991 we attacked a country called Iraq in the Middle East, a quaint little war calle Operation Desert Storm. This attack was carried out using a comprehensive aerial attack followed by an infantry/armor advance. At this point in time, Iran and the United States had ZERO in the way of diplomatic relations, and Iran had every reason to think that we might attack them next, as we were 'an evil empire bent on the extermination of the Islamic people.'

Iran watched, and they learned.

And they invested in building one of the best air defense networks in the Mideast.

If we are to attack Iran, and use the same tactics we've used for every other conflict we've engaged in in the past fifteen years, we're going to ave to be prepared to absorb losses far heavier than the American public seems to be willing to accept.

2) THE GLOBAL CONSEQUENCES

For a moment, let's put ourselves in China's shoes. Or Russia's. Or the EU's, for that matter. Now, pull out your globes, class, and look at where Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan are. Little ducks in a row, aren't they? What would YOU think if you saw some nation gobbling up real estate in such a fashion? Also, what kind of precident would further action in the Mideast set for other countries? Will China be able to annex Taiwan in the name of 'stability'?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I am well aware of the global consequences but there is an even bigger consequence of doing nothing.

Agit8dChop I don't scream for millitary action against India, or Pakistan. Also had you been a member of an aviationforum which I belong to, you would have witnessed last year that I argued strenuously against retaliation against North Korea.

Iran is a different proposition because they have extremist, militarist leaders who preach martyrdom and destruction of the West.

They are entitled to their culture. I have some real respect for Iranians gouing their own way, but not for their provocative militarism.

It may interest you that I was a campaigner for nuclear disarmament for a huge part of my life and a huge thorn in the side of the NZ government pushing for New Zealand's independent stance from US foreign policy.

For me to come this far around in my thinking indicates there is something which I have seen in this issue which overrides my sense of pacifist values.

Sometimes in life you have to step outside the box and re-examine your long held values.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one has brought this up. I saw this story briefly on teletext. Strange that there was no mention of it on the news, not that I saw.

"British company closed after being caught in an apparent attempt to sell black-market weapons-grade uranium to Iran and Sudan".

www.dailytimes.com.pk...

observer.guardian.co.uk...

www.iht.com...

www.pr-inside.com...

More relevant links

UK cleared nuclear cargo to Iran
observer.guardian.co.uk...

www.globalresearch.ca...

If Iran is developing a nuclear bomb. That in itself is no justification for threatening or attacking Iran. To do so would be disastrous, not just for the region but the entire world.

Nevermind Iran, it's about time all the companies that make up the military industrial complex of the west were put under closer scrutiny or put on a tighter leash. It's these companies who sell weapons, most of them illegally who are the biggest threat to peace and the security of this world. Even better all weapon exports should be banned & outlawed by all coutries.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Iran is a different proposition because they have extremist, militarist leaders who preach martyrdom and destruction of the.

correct, but that could be said of both sides.
We dont seem to care about the thousands of our own being killed on this adventure, there dying for patriotism, where as muslims die for martydom.

I get what you mean, and yes Iran may very well be a grave threat.
But bombing them will not remove that threat, it may hinder their ability to wage an aggresive war, but as Iraq has shown you dont need infrastructure to murder, maime and bring a super-power to its knee's.
Its the same effect as a bottlekneck, it eliminates their numbers, and makes it even playing fields.

hitting Iran in the name of protection for Israel and the west, will ultimately drive more muslims to hate us, and send the region into civil war.
Saudi, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Lebanon... every single nation will become involved in the struggle.

I just dont understand why we cant DEAL, we have managed to provide an umbrella of security and acceptance of other nations having nuclear weapons.. why is Iran all of a sudden the nation that is UNABLE to be reasoned with?

Ahmajadines comments are NO DIFFERENT to president bush's comments.
Both have ordered the destruction of a band of people, adn that band of people happens to be the friend of the other.
Why are we righteous?.. because sept11?
How is hitting Iran anything to do with the Saudi terrorists we ultimately trained and setup?
Terrorists are hitting us BECAUSE of our continued interference in Muslim nations, so how on earth is butchering MORE muslims going to solve this crisis?

Why dont we create the largest missile defence around Israel, at their cost?
Why dont we talk to Irans leaders, something we've been unable to do since the 70's.....
Why dont we INVEST with them, in their oil fields, creating a future for our childeren?

Why does everything need to finish at the base of a ballistic bomb.

These are simple idea's, with basic principles that have solved countless issues in our past. Its just to damn convenient everything that is happenin in America since GW came to power.

This is more than jsut protection of Israel and western interests, which is why these seemingly obvious and easy answers go unheard of.

To be patriotic, means you have to be willing to forgo your principles and allow the massacre of a nation that didnt deserve it.
To be a traitor, a coward means to question whats going on.

So, how have we improved as a species with this collosal adventure?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join