It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Buying Be Bewitching!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Howdy, all. For Father's Day, I want to buy my father a good study bible.

Over the years he's bought for himself several bibles from the King James version to the Catholic bible in order to study God's word. However, he's gotten frustrated from reading all those "thees" and "thous." So I want to get him a plain speaking bible that has some good footnotes for him to study the bible better.

Can anybody suggest a good study bible? When I went to the bookstore, I saw several bibles, but I was overwhelmed as to which version was which and what thier pros and cons were. Could anybody point out a site where they list the version diffrences?

Thanks for the help! Happy Father's Day!

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
i recomend isaac asimov's annotation of the bible. but that's just me.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
IMO The Best Bible available is the "NIV Life Application Study Bible" by Zondervan . This is what I use....Jesus words in red, maps, verse by verse study, including application notes, character studies, maps and charts, detailed book introductions, and more.

Features: • The bestselling NIV translation • Over 10,000 in-text application notes — including 300 new notes and significant revisions to nearly 350 others • Over 100 personality profiles with sixteen new ones • Most charts revised to clarify meaning and importance, plus eight all-new charts

NIV Life Application Study Bible

It's about $100 but you can get a non leather version for somewhere around $65-$70.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i recomend isaac asimov's annotation of the bible. but that's just me.

You just can't resist it can you. SAD.

Good recomendation from Kinglizard by the way.

[edit on 10-6-2007 by jon1]

[edit on 10-6-2007 by jon1]

join