It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Behind Leviticus 21:16-23

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The Lord said to Moses, "Speak to Aaron and tell him: None of your descendants, of whatever generation, who has any defect shall come forward to offer up the food of his God. Therefore, he who has any of the following defects may not come forward: he who is blind, or lame, or who has any disfigurement or malformation, or a crippled foot or hand, or who is humpbacked or weakly or walleyed, or who is afflicted with eczema, ringworm or hernia. No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any such defect may draw near to offer up the oblations of the Lord; on account of his defect he may not draw near to offer up the food of his God. He may, however, partake of the food of his God: of what is most sacred as well as of what is sacred. Only, he may not approach the veil nor go up to the altar on account of his defect; he shall not profane these things that are sacred to me, for it is I, the Lord, who make them sacred." Leviticus 21:16-23

To some, this may sound cruel, even evil: the relative classification of people according to their defects and deformities.

The truth, however, is Glorious: often those who see, do not see; often those who do not see, do see; often those who hear, do not hear; often those who do not hear, do hear; often those without deformities, do have deformities; and often those with deformities, do not have deformities. It is how you identify yourself, and most importantly, how God identifies you. Allelulia.

Love and Blessings.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It is too late to edit, but I must say that I paraphrased Jesus from the New Testament (especially Matthew 13:13) in my statement.

Love and Blessings.

new topics

join