It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water found on Mars, with pictures!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Seriously man. I thought mars was too cold to have water at free flowing levels...

So obviosly by looking at it.. it sure aas hell isn't ice. And it does sorta look like water, but really i think it looks like a really oily substance like... oil .;-P

not black of course ;-P

but yeah. looks more like oil than water to me.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
OH and just look at the hgiher ground. To be honest looks like its been raining. But raining on mars with no REAL atmosphere would be a bit hard...

Also notice the very top art of the picture where you see water coming down a rectangular looking shaft. hose lines lok very straight (even looks photophoped) .ANd the very top where the waer starts loks very square cut.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I just find it looks sus

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Here is a lot more about all the Mars anomalies:

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Seriously man. I thought mars was too cold to have water at free flowing levels...

Rovers have recorded temperature on some days in the summer reaching 80F plus

Ice + 80F = WATER

Originally posted by DaRAGE
OH and just look at the hgiher ground. To be honest looks like its been raining.

Thats what NASA thinks

Alluvial Fans in Mojave Crater: Did It Rain on Mars?

But raining on mars with no REAL atmosphere would be a bit hard...

No real atmosphere.. where do you guys get this stuff? Too much Ipod I gather

Storms on Mars...

Clouds passing over the Rover...

Huge dust storm over Mars and one similar on Earth...

Oh and NASA doesn't use Photoshop

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBBumblebee
Most of those pictures and the animated gif of the "Muddy Tracks" look more like a type of sand that is called 'Bulldust' here in Australia, than muddy tracks. Basically it is extremely fine red sand particles and is quite common in the deserts here.

I checked into that... it looks dry and dusty in any image I found... Yes its red, most likely due to iron oxide like on Mars... but I cannot find any that look "muddy" or stick to the wheels in clumps.

I've never heard of such a confirmation of plant life. I just googled for it, and all I got were conspiracy forums/newsletters saying maybe there once was.

He probably means the trees that Arthur C Clarke declares "95% positive they are trees"

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

But seriously, in my eyes most of those things posted are normal occurances that can happen without any water. Sand can really behave in many funny ways.. Seems like people hasnt seen what nature can really do with a few things.

[edit on 10/6/07 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Well, I'm gonna go with my Alien buds up there terraforming the joint.

Our friends are there within as well as the Moon and so on.

If Rover took the picture then .........

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
So what am I missing. These pictures of the type of situations NASA should be interested in arrive but the rover isn't used to check into them. It get moved on to another location. Hasn't NASA said they have used the rover to test the surface?

Is the purpose of all of this to not be able to verify anything that doesn't fit within current beliefs?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The best way i've heard Bulldust described is like talcum powder or flour. The wheels on the rover are kicking it up, and the weight of the rover is compacting some of the dust onto the rovers wheels (notice how the dust is completely covering the tread of the rovers wheel in some frames of the gif, but it's fallen away in others)

If you want so see this effect, cover an area a few inches deep with flour, and slowly run a weighted down RC Truck through it. You'll get very similar tracks to this.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Um in certian parts it looks like someone had fun with MS paint. I dont know if these pics are real or not..but the water is questionable.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Mars pics have been so red colored in the past, why does this one look different?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Mars pics have been so red colored in the past, why does this one look different?

Because it is easier to keep the masses from looking too hard when most believe that it is a dead, red planet.

Consider the two following ideas:

1. mars is magnetically "dead". This is proposed quite often.

2. mars has no atmosphere. this is (obviously) the consenesus believe reinforced by NASA.

If the red, iron oxide soil were going to be able to make the sky red, it would require 1 of the 2 statements above to be false. Either one of the two above could help lift the dust into the air and create a red sky. Working together would make it all the more probable.

Consider also that the martian sky should be mostly black, as with a thin atmosphere there would be little in the way of diffusion possible with barely a thin atmosphere.

Here is one with NASA officials sitting in front of a picture with blue sky:

Wow...look at that atmosphere when viewed from space:

Looks pretty thin to me, you know?

Since we are talking water on Mars, thought i would move this one over from the other thread, as well:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
but how do we know it's water as we know it, ie composed of H2O? It looks like water but could be something else!

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR
but how do we know it's water as we know it, ie composed of H2O? It looks like water but could be something else!

We don't. We presume, that based on the oxidization of the iron in the soil, that it is liquid water. I can tell you that i believe little of what NASA says. They paint the picture they want to paint, and i am not sure that it is truth.

However, how would tree's grow without water, if the life followed our current model? Isn't it a reasonable assumption that life in this solar system will follow similar paths? Perhaps the "seeds" of life lie in nanobacteria floating in space?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This thread has some great contributions, but as mentioned, is already being discussed in another thread on ATS here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As this thread is not covering the story from the "Aliens & UFOs" angle, of which this forum is specifically about, I am closing the topic.

Please continue in the other ongoing discussion in the Space Exploration forum.

Thanks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join