It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

computer recieved messages from a manwho claimed to be living in the 16th century?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
No worries

Hope it makes sense to you - that link is full of stuff that has happened in the same area

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I remember this.

Didnt the future people say to the 20th century guy that they could show him how its done if he clicked yes. But the 20th century guy chickened out.

also how would this thomas harden understand what was being wrote by the 20th century guy - to him it would be illegible?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by leakingignorance
reply to post by andy1972

I'd swallow computer conversations with people from another diminsion, sure, but not some guy in the 16th century when the technological facts just don't add up, even if they are gifts from future travelers he can't exactly plug the thing into the wall.

Equally sceptical here...however, I didnt read it like these guys were sending emails to each other. I read it that it was being typed on the same computer..like if you were writing a script.

Given all the research on time and quantum theory - could the computer not exist in two places at once. Then no need for two year batteries..just a kink in time opening up occasionally.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Dang, so John Titor went too far back in time and someone found his computer.

-Kdial1

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Interesting stuff here...

Enjoy

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Time for some thread necromancy regarding the mystery of the 1985 Dodleston messages.

For those interested here is a link to a recent (2017) podcast from Mysterious Universe: mysteriousuniverse.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Inception

Yeah, this is a very interesting thread, thanks for bumping it so I saw it. I'll try to help you resurrect it.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Hey there. I just finished reading The Vertical Plane after hearing about it on that podcast. I am excited to discuss the case and I am preparing a write up for a new thread just to get some notice since this one is a decade old now. Keep your eye out.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cowboy Clint

I was going to explain how this is not flawless language of the time but I GTG much like this peasant striped of pretenses.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
well at least I'll say thank you.....

(I was unable to star your response...hmmmmm

a reply to: machinegun_go_go

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

Hey there. I just finished reading The Vertical Plane after hearing about it on that podcast. I am excited to discuss the case and I am preparing a write up for a new thread just to get some notice since this one is a decade old now. Keep your eye out.

The Vertical Plane eh? I will definitely check that out. And I'll be looking out for your thread, definitely looking forward to it.

Ah, I just looked back to the first page and saw that that book was mentioned there. I didn't remember that, I'm surprised I didn't look for it back then. Well, I'll definitely be looking for it now.

edit on 6/18/2017 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
come on people 1500 aside there is a dead giveaway it is fake .
The last thing the perosnt tuped was GTG
this is cyber short hand For Got To Go
Now 1500 or not they sure would not know abervations .
besides The wright was almost as bad as mine lol .
Many people went around even saying got to go in 1500?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Damn, can't seem to find that book anywhere...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If anyone here has a copy of the book; The Vertical Plane by Ken Webster, could you PLEASE photocopy it and put it up in a .pdf or on google docs, or e-mail it to me? (i'd send you some money if you want, so it's nota waste of your time)
I've spent two days searching through the internet looking for that damn book, EVERYWHERE and the only place I found it was for 500 pounds, which is 1000 AUD for me and i aint got that kinda money

And the people arguing if the events actually happened, or whether it's just a "Hoax", well that's irrelevant. Read the underlying message, the ideas it contains. From the excerpts i've read of the book, (2109) it's a book about contemporary physics and opaque dimensions/realities. Not exactly time travel, in the way most people think anyway.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Hey would you be willing to photocopy the pages of that book, and post it online?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
how would a man from the 16th century even know how to use a keyboard let alone a device able to communicate with the future , they would be afraid to go near the thing as if some sort of demonic object

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

It's revealed later in the book, that the 16th century man(Tomas) doesn't type, all he does is speak and the computer types his words.
How he came to be in possession of the Computer? well, he informs Ken a blinding green light beamed out of his wall, and he became paralyzed. (Just like in many UFO cases) and a man, who called himself "One" gave him the box, only to disappear again. Only Tomas can move the letter box(computer) in his time, when anyone else attempts to move it it disappears.
Now all this is only far fetched with OUR 21st century version of physics. Here is a quote from 2109;
Time, UFOs, and most other types of the paranormal (phenomena) are in some way all connected.
The theories of quantum physics in your time do not anywhere near corresponde with our understandings on this subject, therefore you will be non the wiser if we were to explain it to you. The only thing that you may relate to is a theory brought forward by an extremely clever scientist who claims, in your time, that there is an unconscious link between, not just living organisms, but also between minerals as well. The link is to do with two fractions of the atom, one which has not been discovered as yet in your time. This unknown fraction will only be understood when your time realises that there are other ways of monitoring these particals besides light and sound- the connection is to do with magnetic fields.

Our concept of time and space is wrong. Perhaps that theory where everything happens at once perpendicularly is right?
2109 also says this;
"What you would call a tachyon universe … We move at a speed so that we cover every point in your time and universe. We have no form we feed of a neet energy that you will not have herd of "

Anyway I can only quote so much because I haven't read the whole book, but it's not as far fetched if you change your understanding of time and space.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CromCruachh

wow that is interesting , im open to the idea of completely mad physics

i like that its not all as we imagine , I like a bit of mystery

thanks

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So they met someone from 1575 and they didn't tell him to leave them a note?

Seems like that would have been the easiest way to solve this.

Just leave me a note and place it in a time capsule that would survive a couple hundred years. Then I can open a note saying. Yes, we really spoke.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Well apparently, they did. Thomas, with the help of a friend, wrote a book in Latin and sealed it somewhere and so far it hasn't been found.
In Ken's last communication with 2109, they informed him the book WOULD be found eventually, and they said someone would come along and help.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join