It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when dreams become to real matrix?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
im getting dreams now where i am seeings everything,feeling hearing smelling its wird anyone have these kind of dreams, i usually wake up when they get to really becuase they freak me out, could this be my spirit im walking in my dreams seeing what if is seeing and all orther senses.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well there are a few possible explanations for that. (Just a few that come to mind, not a comprehensive list mind you.)

Vivid Dreams: Some people simply have a period of time where they experience dreams that are so vivid that it is nearly impossible to distinguish them from reality. I know I and I'm sure others have woken up in the middle of the night/ early morning and freaked out about something happening in dream-state before the conscious mind reconnects and reminds you that you were dreaming.

Lucid Dreams: If this is the culprit, feel blessed because many people have to work fairly hard to experience Lucid Dreams. The general definition of a Lucid Dream is the ability to recognize that one is dreaming and control the dream as reality with a few obvious exceptions. i.e. gravity

Out of Body Experience/ Astral Projection: While these two are not entirely the same thing they are close. (OOBE is sometimes considered the first level of Astral Projection.) Your subconscious could possibly be projecting itself out of your body during sleep and through whatever faculty you are aware of the experience and are able to participate experientially. This is something that generally always requires a conscious effort on behalf of the individual experiencing it. It is not easy to do, so I doubt this would be the case.

Environmental Factors: Dreams are a funny thing that no amount of Science or Mysticism can explain. Your subconscious is affected whether you know it or not by many things in your day to day life. There are even substances that are completely benign that can effect your dreams; one example would be Chamomile tea which is supposed to increase the lucidity of one's dreams.

I hope this helps, there are no set answers in this field but that might be a few of the possibilities.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
Lucid Dreams: If this is the culprit, feel blessed because many people have to work fairly hard to experience Lucid Dreams. The general definition of a Lucid Dream is the ability to recognize that one is dreaming and control the dream as reality with a few obvious exceptions. i.e. gravity

I have a lot of dreams where gravity is very different for me - but not everyone else. One example is that I am sort of running as if on all fours, but my legs are trailing behind at least when i'm pulling my self forward with my hands fast enough. As I slow down I have to use the balls of my feet again, then sort of end up jogging and slow down to a walk. Its really cool cos even though i'm down low I'm dodgeing past every thing and planning my route round people. Everyone else is normal - not oblivious just goin about their normal.

new topics

join