It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quakers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
i was walking in gloustershire towards the historic docks i went through ally ways for short cut passing unusual ruins of churchs then stumbled to see a religious society meeting area i could only guess the people there were quaker? looked like a normal house but the door ways had a big arch and blue arching door?

shame i didnt hav pictures or camera with me.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm not sure how secretive the Quakers are. There's a Quaker meeting house down the street from where I live, (north suburban Chicago). They're really friendly and open. I've been there several times. I think Quaker meetings strike many as odd because they are mostly silent, with no sermon or songs. People get up to speak when they feel moved to. Otherwise they are really progressive on social/political issues.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I believe that with Quakers, what you see is what you get. Their communication with God doesn't rely on showmanship, props, smoke and mirrors. Instead, they practice simplicity, dignity and substance.

As for conspiratorial: all I can say is, my mother was raised in a Quaker church and school, in West Yorkshire, UK, and she remains one of the most straight-forward, unsecretive people I've ever encountered. No artifice whatsoever. She conforms with Toromos' remark re: socially & politicially progressive, despite her age. I feel she's fairly typical of those raised in Quaker standards.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I can't believe that people are trying to link the quakers with a secret society.I can hear it now,"They control global business, look at the box of quaker oats, they are trying to take over the supermarket one aisle at a time.

Then we will be told that they wear blue or black because that is the traditonal color of Venus worship/ satanist robes, and that they get together with the Amish to build barns in one day which are really the new temple that the Antichrist will rule from, with the help of reptilian aliens.

Added will be tons of reliable sources like my favorite,"My best friends dad's friend was a quaker and he told me that they worship Baphomet, I even had a book on it, but um.. I lost it and forget who the author was and what the title is, but I read it, and its true.

new topics

top topics

join