It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can mankind evolve into gods?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Assuming the fact that we do not obliterate ourselves (by any means) into extintinction, or that a catastrophic event might wipe us out of existance...

We are a 'finate' creation at present.

Can we foresee a day, somewhere down the very long road, when not only our minds but our physical bodies could be in a state of 'perfection'?

Humans haven't been around as long as dinosaurs, but in this short span of life, homosapiens have been the most prominent species to have an 'influential' impact on our planet. No other 'animal' can boast of the achievements (good or bad) that we humans have been able to bring about or will bring about in the future to come.

Technology has played a BIG part in our development. We have bridged so many gaps within the last 50-100 years, then we have ever done so, in all our recorded history.

We have finally mapped the human genome, spliced atoms, walked on the moon, in the matter of a few decades!

If time is on our side; no matter how long it takes, is it possible to evolve into a god-like state?

Put your imaginations to the test.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Sure.
We are at a very very early stage of our technological evolution.
A long way to go.

On top of that, our self created worlds... our online, media, and communications based worlds.... are also in a very early state. Heck, barely 10 years old. They will become more "real", more immersive, more fundamental to our lives. And the scary thing there is that those worlds are directly controlled and manipulated by commercial interests.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thats weird, I was just think about something like this on the way to work. I was thinking maybe gods evolved from where we evolved from, not that their super evolved humans, nor us coming back from the future or any thing. maybe a species that got a head start on us.

But i guess about us evolving into goods, i highly doubt it. Although if anything else evolves to a state like our current one we might be advanced enough to make the think we are gods. Thats probably close enough though.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by ThaDewd]

SR

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Personally i believe we can if you take into both sides of the arguement as well it is a very possible outcome:

We created god and thus through generations of belief and natural genetics we can posses the power of achieving such things in due time. The mind is not a fully exploited or reached resource.

vs

We our created in Gods image thus no matter how you describe it we're basically ides of the 'almighty' yet ideas evolve they don't stay the same entities forever and with this an idea may be able to figure out the extent of power 'God' acheives thus accessing it and becoming it.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by SR]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
i think its possible, considering if we dont get any help from possible aliens, or if the world finally agrees to work for the benafit of mankind...

i tihnk that in the future we may see people come out and develope new aspects of the mind that benefit humanity.

it may only be a 50-100 years before people develop nano technology that can fire up the neurons in the brain and activate or fix parts of the brain that give people mental problems.

just think, being born perfect, or using nano technology to open and fix the brain giving people

- enhanced memory aka photographic memory
- having complete control of bodily functions
- maybe with the help of this and natural meditation we can have abilities like tk and stuff

- eventually we might descend to higher levels of the mind and in so doing descend into high levels of dimensions on till we reach the 10th dimension were i believe we basically become gods because we can control our own faits and live forever...asuming we get to then and dont destroy ourselves

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
it may only be a 50-100 years before people develop nano technology that can fire up the neurons in the brain and activate or fix parts of the brain that give people mental problems.

Exactly!

To be able to have the technology to wipe out diseases of the mind and body.

If we could gene manipulate to the point of erasing the aging gene, we would be able to live indefinately!

We would be close to being immortal.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SR
Personally i believe we can if you take into both sides of the arguement as well it is a very possible outcome:

We created god and thus through generations of belief and natural genetics we can posses the power of achieving such things in due time. The mind is not a fully exploited or reached resource.

vs

We our created in Gods image thus no matter how you describe it we're basically ides of the 'almighty' yet ideas evolve they don't stay the same entities forever and with this an idea may be able to figure out the extent of power 'God' acheives thus accessing it and becoming it.
[edit on 7-6-2007 by SR]

Excellent points SR!

Imagine ancient man being visited by 'gods' (or what we might term as ancient astronauts/ET's) and ancient man saw the technology of these beings as being godlike? Our ancestors would be blown away! Technology would have been something so great that people would have started Religions or Cults.

Remember the Cargo Cult of Melanesia? This primitive tribe in the South Pacific is a prime example of how our ancestors might have reacted to advanced civlization.

What seems like magic today, may very well be known technolgoy tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You know, this is a subject I haven't really addressed a whole lot, but I do believe that God is "using" science to bring about the "kingdom" on earth. When I hear a question like this, I think about what the Christian bible states, in more than one place:

John 10:34

Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, 'I said, you are gods'?

Now, that is not to be taken out of context. Some would say that that means we are God. No, it means that we are sparks from God. The term gods and God are not interchangeable, notice one is in lower case and the other is capitalized.

Now, will science ever find a way to allow people to live "forever" or at least a very long time? Well,I suggest everyone read this article.

Human Immortality: A Scientific Reality?

If you're alive in 20 years, you may be able to live forever.

by Gary Vey for Viewzone

Also see Blood Cancer Stopped By Shortening Chromosomes

From the moment of birth, we begin the battle against death -- against the inevitable. Statistics say that a newborn child can expect to live an average of 76 years. But averages may not be what they use to be.

In 1786, life expectancy was 24 years. A hundred years later it doubled to 48. Right now, it's 76.

"Over half the baby boomers here in America are going to see their hundredth birthday and beyond in excellent health," says Dr. Ronald Klatz of the American Academy of Anti-Aging. "We're looking at life spans for the baby boomers and the generation after the baby boomers of 120 to 150 years of age."

Today's quest for the fountain of youth is taking scientists from inside the genetic structure of cells to analyzing the role of stress and diet on life spans. Would-be immortals flock to anti-aging clinics and shell out as much as $20,000 a year for treatments that include hormone therapy, DNA analysis, even anti-aging cosmetic surgery. These experimental therapies offer no guarantees -- just the promise of prolonging life.

"Anti-aging medicine is not about stretching out the last years of life." says Dr. Klatz. "It's about stretching out the middle years of life... and actually compressing those last years few years of life so that diseases of aging happen very, very late in the life cycle, just before death, or don't happen at all."
It's coming

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
no, we cannot evolve into "gods"
gods are mythological beings. we could evolve into beings that would seem godlike to modern humanity, but we wouldn't be gods.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What if every last human dies off next year, and some animals are still alive. even after all our technology and intelligence, would humans still be the rulers of the earth? no it would be the animals, or mabey a disease that kills all the living things on earth, and now the disease is the greatest thing on earth because it wiped out all life except itself. then the disease is the top of the food chain. I hope that does not happen! But if a disease kills off all life on earth underwater, on land , and in the sky, i wonder if it will spread to take on the entire universe?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaDewd
Thats weird, I was just think about something like this on the way to work. I was thinking maybe gods evolved from where we evolved from, not that their super evolved humans, nor us coming back from the future or any thing. maybe a species that got a head start on us.

But i guess about us evolving into goods, i highly doubt it. Although if anything else evolves to a state like our current one we might be advanced enough to make the think we are gods. Thats probably close enough though.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by ThaDewd]

That's plausible. I was thinking along those lines for some time now, and wondered if the E.T. gods had started out their existance in a humble manner as well.

Like I said previously, I used the term 'god' in this manner:

My quote:

*Imagine ancient man being visited by 'gods' (or what we might term as ancient astronauts/ET's) and ancient man saw the technology of these beings as being godlike? Our ancestors would be blown away! Technology would have been something so great that people would have started Religions or Cults. *

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChilledVoodoo
What if every last human dies off next year, and some animals are still alive. even after all our technology and intelligence, would humans still be the rulers of the earth? no it would be the animals, or mabey a disease that kills all the living things on earth, and now the disease is the greatest thing on earth because it wiped out all life except itself. then the disease is the top of the food chain. I hope that does not happen! But if a disease kills off all life on earth underwater, on land , and in the sky, i wonder if it will spread to take on the entire universe?

We are getting off topic here.

As I said before:

*Assuming the fact that we do not obliterate ourselves (by any means) into extintinction, or that a catastrophic event might wipe us out of existance... * - Can mankind evolve into gods?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Is what we see 'Out There', a reflection of what we can be?

Are all the ET's taunting or testing us? Are we ready to join the universal 'Out there'?

Can we be like them? Can we be more?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
All of our technological achievements up to date are a walk in the park compared to the creation of a human being.

Basically it depends on what you consider a "god like state" to be..

To me it seems like the "perfect human" will never exist because we think we are going to achieve that through prescriptions instead of animal evolution, which is really causing the opposite reaction and we are relying on them way too much. Eventually it will bite us in the butt ox especially with anti-biotics.

Or, if "god like state" means we become gods and create a freak of nature, that is exactly what it is going to be. A freak of nature. We are not gods, nor were we ever meant to be. The only thing we might be able to do is genetically engineer a freak combination of creatures for our amusement and use only. But never create a creature with the complexities and intelligence of mankind. That was the work of the purest element in the universe. The element we will probably never uncover.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Who knows where the true path lies, in immortality or mortality.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Can mankind evolve into Gods?

You have scratched the surface of a large ideology... "The Perfected Man". Go plug that into Google. You can watch the ATS video "Secret Architecture of Washington D.C." where they talk about it as well.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is an amazing series that is wrapped around this premise. A GREAT series for all ATS'ers to watch! I made a music video with clips from this series. Watch it below (dont expect to understand it all) and see how much of the symbology you recognize. (Just don't start a commentary on my video! No hijackings here!)

The way I understand it - there are two deities that jockey for power. They are the godhead and the demon head. But there is a third player in this theomachy - mankind. There are people that strongly believe that man can and will evolve into superbeings, or "Perfected Men", equal to the gods and immortal. I speculate that there are tucked away groups of people in places of power that are attempting to harness human "will" to advance mankind to perfection.

Let Google be your guide!
But to answer the OP's question - Yes, I think the Human race is capable of initiating its own instrumentality. Whether or not we will, or should, is a whole 'nother discussion.

[edit on 8/11/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I think in order to evolve into a God-like state would mean we would
be able to manipulate time. We could evolve that way maybe in the
very far future(If we are still alive by then).
Other then that I do not think we will never make it that far, with all the wars
that are to come. In my opinion I think we will be living on different planets
before we even come close to evolving into a God-like state.

top topics

join