It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abuse of Star System in Certain Threads

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I really like the new Star systems, alot!! But not nearly as much as I like Springer and Skeptics new avatars. Its nice to put some faces with the names. All this time I thought you guys were cartoons!!

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Okay, I'm throwing my opinion in over here without actually wading through the multitudes of posts on this thread.

Personally, I'm sick and tired (yes, already) of the Star System here on ATS.
I do not find it helpful at all to the promotion of well thought out posts and intellectual stimulation.
Any one can rate themselves genius and others as fools.
It would seem that we all are now reduced to fishing for compliments from our otherwise anonymous peers.
The mere thought of me sitting there in total anticipation of how I might be judged by a bunch of people I don't know for a thought that I may (or may not have) put much thought/emotion/passion into disgusts me.
I am for peer review as much as the next person, but this is not the medical or science industry and we are not all members of said fields.
This is a conspiracy website.
I think that somewhere along the way, we forgot about that.
I'm sure that when the administrators implemented the Star System, they had the best of intentions, but it has quickly degenerated and caused a downward spiral of popularity-seeking and clique forming.
Not to mention that we can all excessively rate ourselves in the hopes that it improves our online status within this community.
Now, I am officially boycotting the Star System.
Please don't misunderstand me, I love ATS and I know the potential that this site has.
But this potential has been cheapened by the Star System and that saddens me.
This is not a shot at any of the staff here at ATS, not by any means.
Those of you who know me (if only a little) know that I have the best interest of ATS in mind.

Please, no more stars.

Thank you for your time.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
I'm sick and tired (yes, already) of the Star System here on ATS.
Please, no more stars.

I fully agree.

It's just going to be a popularity thing. People will put a star on those things they agree with and ignore those they dont' agree with. WHoever posts according to the prevailing thoughts here at ATS will get the stars. (group think in process).

Just go back to the WATS type thing. 3 votes per month. Then the votes will really count instead of being a 'vote with who agrees with me' thing.

Dump the stars.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join