It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm off to Dublin!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
*jigs in an Irish way* I can't wait, I've already got the castle, the guiness brewery and the zoo on my list, is there anywhere else to check out? We're off for 5 days so I think we have pleanty of time for most of it

[edit on 6/6/07 by FudgeStix]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I went there last year, and found the booze to be very enpensive, Dublin city centre itself look alot like liverpool here in England.

The architecture in the city centre notable the Post office was absolutly stunning, they also do musical pub tour things, cant remember the proper name of it though lol. Basicaly u go on a tour to diffrent pubs and theres bands which play local music and things like that..

Anyway enjoy urself :w:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I love Ireland. I went for three weeks a while back. A wedding outside Dublin (Powerscourt) kept us in Dublin for a week and then we hopped in a car and just drove. South and then west alll along the coast.

The nicest people, stunning scenery, history, the works. A hell of a place.

be prepared to drink a lot.

Dublin is a blast. Lots to see, lots to do. One of the few things I remember from it (lots of booze in Dublin, lots of hangovers, long time ago) was the bus tour, which all the locals said to do (with a smirk). The driver points out lots of sites but the highlight was when he takes you to the Guiness factory and points out the home for alcohol recovery across the street. That was worth the price of admission.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
o'connell street to start,for the shopping,the post office,the spike,and if you get the chance have a burger from johnny rockets (im not affiliated) at the end of the street,their burgers are the best i've had,and believe me,i've had some burgers in my time. Then turn right and over thepenny bridge....
....and into the temple bar area which is full of twisty turny cobblestone streets and bar after bar after bar

most with live music all day

Dublin's not cheap,but the craic is good,and if you fail to enjoy yourself....
it's probably your own fault.
have fun.

top topics

join