It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purple Fluro Frog Discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
A STUDY funded by a subsidiary of BHP Billiton in Suriname has discovered a purple fluorescent frog, one of 24 new species found in the South American highlands of the country.

Wow look at those purdy colours..

Along with the Fluro Frog, other new frog species were found, 6 new fish, 12 dung beetles and a new ant.Link

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Pretty frog but I wouldn't try to eat it. Brightly colored amphibians usually mean toxicity.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If you kiss it, will it turn into a purple prince?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Seriously the entire color scheme makes me think you'd get high just by licking the dang thing.

I mean the colors are like wow '___' trip. XD

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Man, thats one psychedelic frog there.. O_o

I wonder how nature gave it that color..

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
That frog actually looks kind of scary. If I randomly saw it one day, I'd probably run for it. Who knows, it could have a special type of poison that's airborn and make me grow 4 more limbs =O

Weird how it's only been discovered recently... The frog is just screaming "FIND ME FIND ME FIND ME" How are we supposed to find the species that have adapted to the environment to hide themselves.

[edit on 14-6-2007 by Bliez]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
That is one interesting looking frog, it does look like it might be poisonous species. Do they know anything more about it?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Lick the frog.......... mmmmmmm Frog.

Just Kidding, very cool looking frog. It's amazing that we are still uncovering so much, makes you wonder what is out there in the dense rainforests of the world.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Don’t get me wrong, I think this is great, but isn’t global warming supposedly killing off all the frogs – not making new ones??

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Man, thats one psychedelic frog there.. O_o

I wonder how nature gave it that color..

Nature is full of colours you will never even see if you don't expand your mind to full potential. Not only colours but feelings and emotions impossible to express, and things never even thought of by the conscience of the mind.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
Don’t get me wrong, I think this is great, but isn’t global warming supposedly killing off all the frogs – not making new ones??

umm i dont think global warming can 'make' frogs....

this is just called discovery

and more proof that we dont know everything yet

[edit on 14-6-2007 by dreamer0]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Damn... if this pic was not on a news acticle, I'll probably not surely says its photoshopped.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I want one... no wait...

TWO!

top topics

join