It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libby sentenced to 30 months in prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Libby sentenced to 30 months in prison

www.cnn.com

I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney, was sentenced Tuesday to 30 months in prison for lying to investigators looking into the leak of a CIA operative's identity.

He also was fined $250,000. Libby was convicted March 6 of four counts in a five-count indictment alleging perjury, obstruction of justice and making false statements to FBI investigators.

He plans to appeal the verdict.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-6-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
30 months... this is hardly justice.... should have been at least 10 years.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
30 months doesn't seem like much, does it?

On the other hand, I'm of the camp that believes Libby was only the "fall guy" for the whole benighted bunch. 30 months for Libby -- and 20 years each, maximum-security*, for Rove and Cheney -- now, that would be justice!

Baack

*-- I forgot; and millions of dollars in fines!

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What are the chances of him actually serving jail time? Nobody in government wants to see him serve time because that could effect them. They'll delay(appeal) for a years and a half and George will pardon him before he leaves office. At least he didn't pardon him during the trial like his father did with some Iran-Contra criminals like Casper Weinberger.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yah, I agree with you there, polanksi. But if the judge is as tough minded when it comes to sentencing, and after Stewart was refused a wait&See appeal on bail, Libby may be placed in the clinker and refused bail pending appeal?

As for bush you know he wants to do the right thing to protect his slanted VP, hence himself..don't want Libby giving real info and testifying against the Cheney moves while all three were in office.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If Sandy Burglar got a measly $50K fine and no jail time for stealing and destroying documents from the National Archives, then I say this is a fair enough sentence. Especially since Plame wasn't even covert.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Scooter got spanked for purgery, but let's not forget that even if he does go to jail after his appeal fails, he will get out early for good behavior.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
And all for the love

of Dick.

:shk:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

should have been 10 years

WHAT AN OUTRAGEOUS idea.

Sandy Burgler DESTROYED HIGHLY CLASSIFIED ARCHIVAL MATERIALS

in order to save DILLBO BILLDO KLINTOON'S HIDE as well as his own

And he gets off scott free with some fines and his law practice????

And he lies repeatedly and brazenly about it. GRRRR

Talk about selective prosecution!

And this says nothing about the abject absolute TREASON Billdo and Shrillery KLINTTON committed with Mainland China--selling them nuclear AND missle secrets for PERSONAL AND POLITICAL GAIN.

GRRRRR

Someone needs to check their facts and do a LOT more research on not too distant history. GRRRR

Libby quite possibly merely did not remember details in a complex situation. I realize none of his critics have ever had such a flawed memory.

new topics

top topics

join