It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal to send Tax Money To La Raza

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Fed dollars proposed for La Raza
World Net Daily ^ | June 2, 2007 | Staff

Posted on 06/01/2007 10:23:06 PM PDT by Politicalmom

Tens of millions of U.S. taxpayer dollars soon could be flowing into the National Council of La Raza, an organization that advocates for civil rights for Hispanics and has connections to groups that advocate the separation of several southwestern states from the rest of the nation.

The proposal has been made by U.S. Rep. Ruben Hinojosa, and it would give the organization that describes itself as "the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the United States – [working] to improve opportunities for Hispanic Americans" $5 million annually starting in 2008, with the funding to double the next year and then continue at that level "for each fiscal year thereafter."
Source Article Link

Yeah, that's right. Our dear government wants to give a group money that supports the virtual destruction of the United States of America. How awesome are our elected leaders?

La Raza tries to promote itself as a civil rights group when in all truthfulness, it is nothing more or less than a hate group. They hate "gringos" and want the southwestern part of the U.S to become a part of Mexico, or as they say in Spanish (May-hee-co).

This is rather despicable, in my opinion, that our government is even considering such a plan. Our freaking politicians are selling America out!!

[edit on 5-6-2007 by UM_Gazz]

[edit on 5-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yeah, I think we get the message,Bush.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well, I can't really comment on La Raza because there are a lot of conflicting things being said by them and about them, and I haven't taken the time to look deeply into them.

However, none of that should matter. I disagree with any group getting money from the federal government.

Pretty simple.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
LA Raza is not the NAACP. It's not some social welfare community. It's as racist as a Peckerwood Convention. Just as Racist as the KKK. Just as racist as The White Pride people. The White Pride people swear they just want equality for all white people in this country but really they want to elliminate a large swath of the population. Anybody not white. So La Raza (The Race) or Our Race. Is a little racist in my opinion. Well actually just listen to recordings of just about anyone of their conventions. if you speak a little spanish you'll be shocked at the agenda they discuss. They want to insidiously take over the entire SW US and return it to mexico. No Joke. Even the Mayor of LA is in on this group. He's said stuff like "don't worry we will win back this land because we have the population on our side. have as many babies as you can to win more votes so that you can change the laws and take back this land to rightful inhabitants. "

I think we should just give back all of central mexico to the mexica indians. or to one of the revolting indian tribes in the central highlands trying to fight for their independance from mexico. They were their first. technically they have the same right to take over all of central mexico because it was their land way back when. and for much longer than the country of Mexico has ever owned it. Then i say we give back all of the yucatan to the last of the mayan decendants living in small 20 person villages on the side of the highway. All of it. give it back. In fact mexico needs to give all it's tourist money generated at cancun, cozumel, talum, and chechen itza back to the mayan decendants. not to the rich white people in the city of Merida.

What if we gave the land on the western pacific coast line back to Russia. yep thats right. they explored the western US coast line before we or the mexican govt did. look it up. Should mexico then give back control of the western pacific coastline from washington to central california back to russia. maybe since russia has old forts on hawaii to. again look it up. we should give them hawaii too right.

How can the american population as a whole get so ignorant and not be as observant to notice things for what they are anymore.

I think spain should take back mexico from mexico. they were their first. what about UK should they have all of the eastern seaboard back?

So La Raza racist. and don't think that any of that 5 million a year will actually go to anybody who needs it. guess again if thats what you thought they intended to do with that money.

OK I'm done with my rant.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Either way, does it really matter? Is it the purview of the government to fund groups that are essentially lobbyists?

That makes no sense. The government giving money to any group that works to changes laws and policy to ones it supports.

They could be the Fluffybear We Love You Alliance and I'd say screw them, no money.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Krazy, unfortunately, it seems that its these "special" interests groups that seem to be dictating the decisions of our policy makers. It's rather ridiculous to me. Our politicians aren't looking out for the welfare of our nation, they are looking for votes. McCain recently slipped on his tongue and made this quite obvious to anyone astute enough to listen to some of the comments he made.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Just remember though folks: hate breeds groups like this, they feed off of it. The KKK and neo-nazis THRIVE off of hate and any injustice they can find. So as a warning do not beat the snot out of a Mexican just because they are Mexican, because afterwords they will run off the Aztlan and La Raza going: "You were right! They are animals!" What should be done is offer a simple solution for all sides because frankly we are all in the same boat: The Gettin Screwed Boat.

What is so sad is that no one knows if all the Mexicans in the USA want this or if it is just a few who happen to get the most air time. Kind of like regular US politics... If people in the world went on EXACTLY what the US politicians said and did we would be REALLY screwed right now.

Still, this group should get NO funding WHAT SO EVER from the government.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar

What is so sad is that no one knows if all the Mexicans in the USA want this or if it is just a few who happen to get the most air time.

Well, in all honesty, I doubt if ALL Mexicans know about this ideology. I am sure that many do and the probably think it is a bunch of hoakam, but, if the U.S keeps going in the direction it currently is, Aztlan is going to become very real

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yes, hate will take its toll on the Mexicans and literally convert them if not force them into the open arms of Aztlan and La Raza. However if that hate is supressed quickly we will remove the bulk of support for Aztlan and LR (La Raza) because they no longer have that fear and hate to feed off of.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't see Mexicans being "hated" on at all. You keep trying to imply that it is Americans that are "hateful," and I don't see that at all. We have let them into our country, pretty freely, it would seem to me.

I have noticed, Vekar, that you always seem to imply that wanting to secure our national borders is "hateful." Please do explain, because I am at a loss to figure out that line of thinking.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
La Raza is totally out there, in my opinion.

Take this for example :

A Chicano's relationship to Aztlan.

From Here

What exactly is "Aztlan ?

From Wiki :

is the legendary ancestral home of the Nahua peoples,

Seems they took a page from the inventor of Kwanza and the Rapture
and adopted some legends as their own.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Where I live (New Mexico) I have met people who have this "mexipohbia" if you will despite the fact almost everyone here is Mexican or a mix of other than the white and black people who are more resent arrivals. I even noticed this in a collage womans speech, she went on to talk about why the Mexicans are going to destroy us all by illegal immigration but never touched on WHY they are comming here. I wrote her a short letter and handed it to her before she left. I have talked to others, listened to others and I keep noticing this in my state. What irony eh?

Security of boarders is something we ALL need to be frank with you. Mexico needs a strong southern boarder as do we and Canada. Why? Not terrorists, but mainly drugs and spys. Yes I said spys, why? Because the USA has the best darn weapons technology in the world, what industrialized country would NOT want to try and get their hands on it?

Trying to secure a boarder out of malice will solve nothing, by that I mean some people who want to put land mines or other such "obstacles" along the way. What SHOULD be done is both Mexico and the USA do a join wall kind of like a Roman camp and make sure it points both ways to keep the drug runners in Mexico and not the USA. After all the USA is the BULK buyer of these drugs. Of course that will not happen untill we address corruption within Mexicos government and the US government attempts at NWO. If we can get over that hurdle we need to rebuild economies which will stop the bulk of the problem and push the measures to cut off the drug runners abilities to sneak in. That is where satellites come in, turn them on "auto pilot" so to speak and have them monitor the boarder and if anything is where it is NOT supposed to be... Well then we just track them with other satellites and have some AH1 Apaches go out and say "hello" to them. If they are drug runners they will fire or have large cargo in tow, if they are just regular people they will surrender or try and run away. I recall no cases of illegal ALIENS firing on the US boarder patrols, only the drug runners so that part is taken care of.

None the less I appose the minuteman "militia" nutjobs who run around the boarder armed to the teeth. I did see one group though that went around unarmed and captured people and turned them in.

Anyway, this is not a discussion on it so back to the topic.

ape

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
More US citizens die EVERY YEAR when compared to U.S. total losses in iraq 03-06 due to illegal alien crime. IMO with those numbers yearly I believe our true national security crisis is our southern border and criminal illegal aliens killing more people in our country yearly when compared to the deaths terrorists achieved on 9/11. We are being invaded by latinos who are changing the landscape of U.S. politics and being told by our government and radio 'conservatives' that our true peril is muslim jihadists half a world away. I said it before and I will say it again jorge el presidente bush is a globalist traitor and the same goes for clinton.

wide open borders for how many years now? I think it's obvious our government doesn't give a damn about securing this nation and what's worse is the people dont seem to care much either. democrats rejected the recent bill because it 'split up families'. enough said.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by ape]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
How about some links on that one ape? Frankly I do not believe that AT ALL. In my state which is a boarder state we suffer more crime from the NATIVE AMERICANS than from illegal aliens.

ape

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
here is one from WND

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
So how about the Bush administration arming the terrorists aka insurgents in a war on terrorism?

US Confirms Arming Sunni Insurgents

Maybe when people figure out they primary mission in DC is to create perpetual war, then things will change. For now you will learn to hate all people and desire to kill them.

In the eye for an eye land of the destroyers, everyone eventually goes blind.

La Raza is a minor stupidity, compared to the selling out of the nation to foreign interests...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I agree Regenmacher, wars are profitable.

I don't want my tax payer money to go to any La Raza scam group, as a hispanic I do not recognized the la raza group as been protecting me or doing anything for my rights.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
you are right Marge and very perceptive as usual. Marge knows that La Raza is a scam, and I'm sure she would agree with me that all the money sent to La Raza wont be going to the greater good of the Hispanic population.

Also, to the previous poster good points with the Aztlan info.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I agree Regenmacher, wars are profitable.

I don't want my tax payer money to go to any La Raza scam group, as a hispanic I do not recognized the la raza group as been protecting me or doing anything for my rights.

Marg, I didn't realize you were Hispanic.
As I stated earlier, I don't think that most Hispanics would support such a thing as what La Raza proposes.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Vekar, you make some good points.

As much as I hate to admit it, I do think that at some point the U.S is going to have to do something about Mexico's economy. I suppose that is part of the idea behind the NAU, but I can't rightfully support it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join