It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 5 - 'National Satisfy Your Hunger Day'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Today is June 5. It is National Satisfy Your Hunger Day.

Really.

It's also National Gingerbread Day.

Funny how those go together!

So today I am going to do just that .. satisfy my hunger. I have been doing just what the woman in the 'Starter Wife' show did .. I've been 'starving' (not really, but you know what I mean) and walking on my tredmill and passing by foods in order to attempt to lose weight (that mysteriously packs on women who are my age).

Today I will be celebrating National Satisfy Your Hunger Day.

For dinner we will be going to the Greek Church in town which is having their annual Greek Festival and we will be sampling their foods. We have always wanted to do this .. so we will be doing the 'party' thing with the Greek Church, and checking out their church as well (because we have always been interested in the Greek Orthodox faith).

ALSO - We will be making a donation to the local food bank - through the church. Not only will we 'satisfy our hunger' today .. but we will help others in town not to be hungry tonight. (actually, we do this periodically anyways .. but it's another good reason to give again).

So .. go celebrate National Satisfy Your Hunger Day! Ladies .. stop the diet for a day. Everyone ... have what ever you have been craving. AND - donate to the local food bank!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Great, now I read this!

Just had a very tasty ~not~ salad with pasta followed by pineapple jelly.

Could have done with a freckingly large chocolate cake!

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Could have done with a freckingly large chocolate cake!

The day isn't over. (it's just starting here in America). GO EAT IT!!

party down .. it's 'Satisfy Your Hunger Day' .. and it sounds
to me like you aren't satisfied!!

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Since I had my gall bladder removed, every day has been "satisfy my hunger day"!
Seriously, my diet was SO severely limited for months that I have been getting reacquainted with the more decadent foods of which I was deprived for so long.

But I love the idea of helping others to satisfy their hunger today! Thanks for the reminder!

Enjoy the Greek food! One of my favorites!

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I wish i had all the stuff i like, like shrimp, onion rings, tartar sauce...but i dont- DARN IT!!!

I guess i'll have to eat chicken (not my favorite) cause its all i have till i go food shopping.

I'm going to take a raincheck.

new topics

top topics

join