It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smokers........... "You Bastards!"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
well.......ya know, I know of a sweet young girl that was killed when a drunk ran her over and left her to die a slow painful death in a ditch....why do we panda to the drunks of the world? why do we allow them parking space at the bars? why do we have the bars? why do we allow them to have licenses? I know of lawmakers, law enforcers, and judges that have all been caught driving drunk....it's obvious that no drunk can be trusted not to drive after a few drunks..

so, why do we panda that group? close down the danged bars..y'

but, to answer your question.....
if you force my boss to go out into the rain for his smoke, he might decide that that smoke isn't worth getting soaked for. he might instead just sit around the shop sulking because he don't have it, and well, he might become just a bit irratable because of it....and that goes for almost half of the coworkers also...
work won't be as pleasurable as it is now..
smokers might also decide that since they are making this sacrifice for clean air, others should also be willing to....I mean....they might be saying, hey, we gave up our smoking where's our clean air? they might want you to stop spraying you pretty air freshener, stop driving you car, stop using the chlorine bleach at the laudrymat....they might decide that they want you to stop doing alot of things...things might get just a tad ugly!
and they also might decide that that job that they're doing at work is just a tad too toxic to do....and then dear...who will manufacture you neat little plastic items, print your sales signs, build your buildings, machine your tools, ect..

but the last news link posted about the babies and sids gives a clear indication where the anti-smokers are going with this. now that the anti-smokers have gotten smoking banned in so many different ways and places....it isn't enough, now, even the smokers clothes are so contaminated, they will kill a baby...ban the smokers from having clothes!! no?? that isn't their intention....being able to dictate to their fellow citizens what they can and cannot do, even while holed up in a small little dusty corner of the cellar, is what they want.....
they want to outlaw smoking outright...
and once they get this accomplished they will go onto the next thing that the majority can find offensive and then the next, and then the next, the next, and the next!!! until we're all quacking in sinc with one another...

alchohol is my pet peeve....it's the most annoying, most health destroying, most dangerous habit on the face of the planet....and, to think, that most of the griping coming from the anti-smoking crowd is over their right to go into the bar and kill themselves with that crap....but they want the imaginary "clean air" .

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
3) These are usually the same people who want pot legalized although it has about 10 times more tar than any cigarette on the market.

Care to offer up some proof to those claims. I take 3-4 small hits a day. Hits. How many cigarettes do you smoke a day?

And for those who didn't notice: pot is a smokable item.

In much smaller quantities as well. How often do you only take two to 3 hits from one cigarette a day?

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
MSG (monosodium glutamate) and Aspartame are far worse for you than someone else smoking near you is.

All fast food (and most foods you buy in supermarkets - and therfore consume on a daily basis) contain MSG.

www.holisticmed.com...

www.msgtruth.org...

www.cfsan.fda.gov...

(ive included both sides to the story - for those who wish to continue to not believe me)

Aspartame is in most if not all diet drinks.

www.holisticmed.com...

www.sweetpoison.com...

www.newstarget.com...

in my opinion, anyone complaining about someone else's smoking should aim their attention at the poison we are feeding ourselves and our children and on those responsible.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
my kids's pediatrician warned me about Aspartame when it first came out.....I don't think I have ever used it.....

but, well, sugar was bad for you, so they had to find a substitute, and well.....they made something even more dangerous than what they were substituting...
they done this with alot of things....branded them bad for the health, come up with a fake alternative that ends up being worse for the health than what they began with.
they do it with medicines also. the were used for centuries in plant form, but then, it was decided by the experts that their were harmful ingredients within the plant, so the they were broken down, refined, added to, process and produced in pill form...with much more harmful effects than the plant itself ever had.
you watch, they are taking interest in the healing abilities of the lowly tobacco plant. they'll break her down, refine her, add to her, and come up with something more deadly than tobacco ever thought of being....and call it good medicine!! and make a small fortune to boot!!!

my bet is that tobacco, smoked in it's pure form, without all the additives, has some really healthy side effects!! think I'll grow some and give it a try..

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This is something I should have addressed in my earlier post...But I forgot about it until now; Damn that Aspartame in my soda! Anyway, it's probably time to un-derail the thread from Aspartame & put it back on the rails about the "smoker's dilemma," as Intrepid started it.

Originally posted by intrepid
15 years ago a person could smoke anywhere. 10 years ago, not so much. Outside, on patio's, or in special "people aquariums". Can't even do that anymore and the push is on for a total smoking ban in public. Smokers have been damn nice about their space being taken away. Still we have some that are saying, about the total ban, "Damn right. It's about time they got what's coming to them." Huh? What's behind this mentality?

Hey, it's Democracy in action! The big problem is that the USA Founding Forefathers abhorred Democracy as much as modern Americans abhor Communism & terrorism...Why is that? They knew that, in a Democracy, 51% of the Citizens could literally "vote away" the Rights of the other 49%!! That's why they decided on setting up a Constitutional Republic. The bigger question is, "Why did we ever let the Government railroad us out of our Republic in the first place?"

This is why America should not be a Democracy & why America should never try to "spread Democracy" anywhere else in the world...It's nothing but a sound-bite to encourage the People (via a controlled mass-media) to "vote away" their own Rights!

[edit on 26-6-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Wow!

STONE THE SMOKER!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, just let me kill my lungs. I love my Newports. Relax. I am not harming any of you when I am on my back porch.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Hey, it's Democracy in action! The big problem is that the USA Founding Forefathers abhorred Democracy as much as modern Americans abhor Communism & terrorism...Why is that? They knew that, in a Democracy, 51% of the Citizens could literally "vote away" the Rights of the other 49%!! That's why they decided on setting up a Constitutional Republic. The bigger question is, "Why did we ever let the Government railroad us out of our Republic in the first place?"

This is why America should not be a Democracy & why America should never try to "spread Democracy" anywhere else in the world...It's nothing but a sound-bite to encourage the People (via a controlled mass-media) to "vote away" their own Rights!

[edit on 26-6-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

Q: Why did we ever let the Government railroad us out of our Republic in the first place?

A....because 97% of us are stupid, easily bamboozled sheeple judging from Liebold's (s)election statistics

How may registered voters voted for a third-party candidate or a candidate that doesn't really "belong" in either party such as Kucinich, Cobb, or Paul? 'nuff said.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Smokers are being treated the way allergy sufferers were treated in the '70s. Despite this, the victims of the earlier discrimination are still getting it and taking it, only the projectionistic tactics of fops that stopped smoking pot around '83 and a previous Loud Generation (Silents my entrance to my large intestine) that generally either fried out their brains on the Benzedrine Inhaler by 1970 or whose problem is that they didn't prove their manhood in the Koreas in the 1950s has changed (or a few tactics dropped). Such blamed victims are now losers in their mothers' basement by design. The Ohio Department of Dehabilitation Diservices and the Vicious Sanctimonious Terrorists in (of all places) "Independence," Ohio only helps those A-holes who are like themselves -- hypocrites in the same age brackets. But that is another thread topic.

When I was in elementary school it was my third grade Boomer teacher (and Johnser classmates) who were whining and more miserable from my allergies than I was. She kept saying that "no one has allergies that bad" -- hor$s$hit, don't even have asthma or live in a special housing only the reich can afford. For one disabled person's search for affordable, adequate housing:

radio.weblogs.com...

PS: It would be nice if the editing feature actually worked right and the text box updated (might be my browser's settings though).

[edit on 13-7-2007 by autumnofburnoutcommie67]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Since 1) nicotine, I believe, is an anti-depressant, and the "addiction" is sometimes treated with antidepressants (indeed smokers generally act as if they have the most typical form of depression "atypical depression") 2) I was a victim of my third grade teacher who probably was one (and my fourth grade anti-social studies teacher who I didn't care for much either was a admitted smoker), and 3) have you ever met an allergy sufferer who doesn't have some form of depression themselves, I think that their is some kind(s) of dynamic(s) involving allergy sufferers and smokers (with everyone else dragged into it). Probably generational and authority out-of-control dynamics are involved too.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Still more angles to this:

Since five beers is considered "heavy drinking" these days (as if more than 3% of Loud Generation were not heavy drinkers under this definition and a similar percentage of Boomers could respect a four toke limit) I have lately been wondering why I voted for a new very restrictive Ohio law passed in November 2006. I didn't know the law required the posting of signs with a number to call and rat on those who violate the new law--the sort of thing that has disturbing implications considering everything else going on in AmeriKKKa. I'm starting to think that Prohibition is next "on the table."

The day I stop drinking is the day I rap a towel around my head and nod in the direction of Mecca five times a day.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by autumnofburnoutcommie67
How may registered voters voted for a third-party candidate or a candidate that doesn't really "belong" in either party such as Kucinich, Cobb, or Paul? 'nuff said.

Hey, don't blame me! I've been voting age for nearly 30 years & found no candidates to my liking (until Ron Paul showed up
). So I've always voted for the "other guy." Everybody should know him...He goes by the name of "No Confidence."

You also have to consider how much money that tobacco companies spend on lobbyists in the Government too...I think this is the main link that has slowed down the Anti-Smokers Campaign using the "Democratic Way" of denying Rights to smokers...Well, do smokers have the Right to Peaceful Assembly? How about the Right to Travel (as long as they don't stop or pass thorugh in a "No Smoking Area)? What of Free Speech (Anti-Smokers either don't listen at all or tell smokers to "shut up & put it out")? Smokers are addicted & need help to quit...But using the "Democratic Way" to rid smokers of their Rights is not the answer.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Having developed COPD from 32 long years of smoking and being on oxygen, and also having a mother who died of lung cancer from smoking back in 2005, I can attest to the dangers of smoking.
On the other hand, I would also like to state that I still think that it is an individuals right to decide if he or she wants to smoke. Afterall, everyone knows what the health risks are. So I think it is wrong for others to not only insist, but demand, that people not smoke and control when and where you can smoke is totally wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Before you became a moderator, did you read the T&C about NOT discussing illegal activities? You just admitted to smoking pot "2-3 times a day". Publically confessing to committing illegal acts is a little, uh, stoooopid. Use the U2U button for stuff like that. Don't worry, KleverOne; your secret is safe with me. lol

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
marijuana/tar

marijuana/tar

marijuana/tar

Seems I was wrong about the amount of tar. It's not 10 times more-it's 50 times more. My bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join