It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smokers........... "You Bastards!"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Why do some non-smokers treat smokers like they killed Kenny? Damn vocal in the righteous treatment that smokers are receiving? I don't mean the politicians, them I understand. Non-smokers are the majority, smokers are the silent victim. Perfect logic for a politician to gain points.

15 years ago a person could smoke anywhere. 10 years ago, not so much. Outside, on patio's, or in special "people aquariums". Can't even do that anymore and the push is on for a total smoking ban in public. Smokers have been damn nice about their space being taken away. Still we have some that are saying, about the total ban, "Damn right. It's about time they got what's coming to them." Huh? What's behind this mentality?

Is it because smokers are an easy target? Mob mentality? This is part of it imo but the underlaying factor behind these vocalists may be that they have so little control in their lives, they go after the easy target to make themselves feel better. I'm not talking about most people here, just the "extremists".

2 things I haven't seen yet but won't be surprised when I do:

"Just shoot the smokers, get it over quickly."
"Headline: Non-smoker Beaten to Death by Heckled Smoker."

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
YOUR smoke affects MY health
Its quite simple though I doubt you will see that

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by realyweely

OK, there's 10 bars and coffee shops in any given town. Why not designate one of each as a smoking establishment then? 9 of each for you 1 of each for the smokers? Anything wrong with that?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
None at all though I might like the one you sit in.

BTW I am a musician and my friend was a vocalist all his life in a band and never smoked a cigarette in his lfe yet died of Lung Cancer

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Smokers are the modern day lepers, exclusion is not enough, they are a health risk to non-smokers, wherever they go, if they choose to smoke they are putting others at risk. Other than gathering them all up for extermination, what else can the world do with them, other than create laws to keep them away?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Your perfume/cologne affects MINE. Why are you so special?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

BTW I am a musician and my friend was a vocalist all his life in a band and never smoked a cigarette in his lfe yet died of Lung Cancer

So, you know for a fact that it was second hand smoke? Did he wear cologne? Did he live near a power plant/coal mine etc.?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

None at all though I might like the one you sit in.

This is the non-smoking attitude I've come to expect. You MIGHT like the one the smoker has, so he can't smoke there either. There's no compromise from the non-smoking crowd.

Yes, and my great grandmother smoked on her deathbed(lung cancer as well), age 88.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Your perfume/cologne affects MINE. Why are you so special?

Bollocks
I dont wear either perfume or cologne so dont start that BS.

link   

So go sit somewhere else!
You know people in this world smoke, you choose to go out and be around people. A guy sits next to you that has the flu. You choose whether or not to stay next to him, you certainly can't blame him for getting you sick. If you don't like it, go places where smoking isn't allowed.

link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Smokers are the modern day lepers, exclusion is not enough, they are a health risk to non-smokers, wherever they go, if they choose to smoke they are putting others at risk. Other than gathering them all up for extermination, what else can the world do with them, other than create laws to keep them away?

How about accomodate them with a place to smoke? Remember the smoking rooms at the airports? What was wrong with that?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Bollocks

OK. How about your vehicle effects my health. Ban that.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Bollocks

Its electric

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Bollocks

Its electric

Riiiiggggghhhhhhhhttttttt.

Charge that puppy with electricity generated by coal then?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

How about accomodate them with a place to smoke? Remember the smoking rooms at the airports? What was wrong with that?

I'm a smoker and even I find these rooms to be quite nasty. I'd much rather wait untill i can get outside than sit in a smoke filled room of death. Unless they have a state of the art ventillation system, which most don't, although they should.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Its electric

And where does that electricity come from? Power plants that produce more toxins than smoking would.

BTW, I'm sure you do SOMETHING that effects the health of others. You don't live in a bubble do you?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well, then ... a bastaad I be.

Even though I'm [fully] aware of restrictive efforts elsewhere, it's yet to affect my daily life. Though, it would seem the potential for such does exist ... not a good thing, IMO.

Got a match?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Unless they have a state of the art ventillation system, which most don't, although they should.

Good point. I have been to bars that had great ventillation systems. You couldn't even tell that people were smoking. BTW, I'm an ex-smoker so I would have smelled it instantly.

SR

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It's amazing how people always ignorantly claim smoking alone damages there health when practically everyday i guarauntee you will work with or be subject to something that poses a danger to your health yet you do so unwittingly probably or probably don't care. Walking down a street next to a road damages your health and gives you a risk of cancer from fumes but en masse of people stopping every car and telling the drivers to somehow stop there emmissions. Plastic has been linked to causing cancer but you never hear of these people banning it.

I just wonder what the next big thing to attack will be...

I just hope that one day after yet another thing or group of people are demonised that people wake up and realise what is going on but by then it'll probably be too late or it'll be because everybody is demonising something they do.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by SR]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
theres an easy solution fellow smokers when somone cops a 'tude and yells at you to put that thing out ((like they dont know how to say ciggarrette)) put it out on them.....but seriously i dont drive what if i got angry for you guys filling my air with noxious exhaust fumes because it was detrimentel to my health....and cleaning supplieas but noxious chemicals into the air trust me theres a lot worse things than my little habit

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join