It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chad/Capitola /Birmingham/ Sequoia/Tahoe - Energy Systems Monitoring Drone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Chad/Capitola/ Sequoia/Lk.Tahoe/ Birmingham drone - Energy systems monitoring drone

www.ufocasebook.com...

This explanation appears to make the most sense. Was hoping for an alien craft, but not this time.

mod edit to provide spaces in title

[edit on 1-6-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Makes the most sence!? It's all a CGI hoax, none of it is real. They are not powerline monitoring hovercrafts...come on.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Excellent find, discloseorlose. I skimmed the patent cited but it mentioned roter and propeller, "spheroidal", "inverted, saucer-shaped element", and infrared camera. I'll bet the patent mentioned is not the craft.

I think a site like turbosquid.com gives us more clues as to craft.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by desert]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hmmm.. I still don't but the power line drone, this website shows how a proper drone analyses power lines not some craft like the ones that have caused the major stir

en.norut.no...

This thing is just too weird looking to be functional in that way. Judging by the stir these pictures have caused if this thing was a Power line drone somebody would have come forward with hard evidence that it was man made.

I think this is fake, nothing more nothing less.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I live in Birmingham. My dad works for the power company. I've never seen or heard of the locally.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think this thing has been proved to be a Hoax by Biedny and Ritzman. I am siding with them as they appear to be qualified to make this claim.

Also (and equally important IMO), if this was in fact an "energy systems measuring drone" why would it not be clearly labeled. I guess I could see the drone with no markings making some sense, but I cannot think why it would have weird symbols/characters on it. I just don't buy it and I will think this is a hoax until something better comes about.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
BULL! sorry this kind of agravates me, although imo i believe this to be real extraterrestrial or not, i believe this not to be a power line "checker".
come on now you think birmingham alabama has state of the art "star wars" drones checking their power voltage? i think not. i do however find it interesting that the drones are near powerlines. i think that if real these drones probably drain energy from these power lines possibly. anyways, thats my two cents.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffery2102
come on now you think birmingham alabama has state of the art "star wars" drones checking their power voltage? i think not.

I just said I can verify that we don't.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily

Originally posted by Jeffery2102
come on now you think birmingham alabama has state of the art "star wars" drones checking their power voltage? i think not.

I just said I can verify that we don't.

oh sorry man, i just got ahead of myself a little bit... just trying to prove a point

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I can't believe these images are still being discussed with any seriousness (and here I am doing it). These pictures are supposedly taken by multiple people at multiple locations, yet they all look the same. They all seem to have the same contrast and lighting adjustments. The text on the craft is presumed to be alien, but I don't think aliens would decorate their craft like Nascar cars, unless they are redneck aliens. I hope this thing dies.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Anyone actually see the cgi video created for it? Pretty comical. For all we know the guy who created the video is the one who hoaxed the whole thing.

coasttocoastam Link to Video

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn
Anyone actually see the cgi video created for it? Pretty comical. For all we know the guy who created the video is the one who hoaxed the whole thing.

Interesting... Wouldn't the person who made this animation had to have had the original 3D model of the CGI? Like the wire frame thingy? Sorry, I don't know what it's called.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Excellent find, discloseorlose. I skimmed the patent cited but it mentioned roter and propeller, "spheroidal", "inverted, saucer-shaped element", and infrared camera. I'll bet the patent mentioned is not the craft.

I think a site like turbosquid.com gives us more clues as to craft.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by desert]

It was clearly stated in the article that the patent doesn't necessarily belong to the craft but rather shows the description of an RPV drone. Not to be confused with a UAV drone since we know those already exist for powerlines. the RPV drone appears to be in a test stage, which is what we're seeing, which is all the article was implying.

Also, they mentioned that this patent was 20 years old and that many new-generations of that design would have already taken place, which I agree on since I've seen that in every industry imagineable.

The two that wrote the article are not debunkers. One is a moderator at the UFO Casebook forum and the other is a member of the same forum. I happen to post in that forum too and know them and they would be the very last to debunk anything typically. Atrueoriginall is an abductee.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
And I suppose all the writing on the things are instructions for the local power company guys.

I believe it all!

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rotoplooker

Originally posted by Stockburn

Interesting... Wouldn't the person who made this animation had to have had the original 3D model of the CGI? Like the wire frame thingy? Sorry, I don't know what it's called.

The video (created in the UK by the way) was not a hoax but instead put together to prove it could be done. I guess we can call it a hoax in one sense but not the end result. I'm surprised that Coast to Coast has not posted that information yet. I'm not positive because this is hearsay however I heard that it was a woman in the UK who created it.

I like to see such things because it does remind us to stop and take a look at photos and videos a little closer.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
And I suppose all the writing on the things are instructions for the local power company guys.

I believe it all!

Next time you might want to completely reading the article I guess. Here's another addy for your convenience.

And, they're right in what they said about what the government would have done about text or not done anything at all. Having worked in government myself, the government does nothing until the psychology of how the people will react has been thrown into the pot to look at first.

www.ufocasebook.com...

[edit on 1-6-2007 by discloseorlose]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I have a bit of doubt about the thinking behind their explanation of the writing on the drone. i would think there are many people, who believing it was truely alien, would want to capture it figuring there would be a great monetary worth attached to it. Hello Ebay. Just seems like an unknown type of writing would make someone even more curious. The terrorist take is a little out there.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I know that in the North East shortly after 9/11 there was a major power outage that went from Ontario Canada, right down the North East of the USA; putting the economy to almost a halt for about three days; as it took that long to bring the grid back up on line. Allegedly limbs that were not trimmed properly was the cause? en.wikipedia.org...

Having seen what allegedly limbs form a untrimmed tree could do to a major power grid affecting 40 million people, I would imagine there would be tangible enough reason to start developing monitoring systems to keep and make sure hte power grid stays on and has no repeats of what happened in 2003.

My opinion is that these pictures are indeed a Monitoring Drone for power lines and it would be a less expensive way of keeping track of them rather than deploying helicopters and other more expensive and risky ways. A drone that is develped that could essentially monitor power line corridors would be a lower cost way ensuring the power stays on. These developments could have other offshoots such as military applications, aerial photography applications, environmental assessments, and if electromagnetic energy can be used to control such a drone; the fuel supply (so to speak) the electricity is right there to run this machine.

Since most of the photos are near or directly adjacent to power lines; it is suggestive to me that these are indeed newer technologies being tested and developed. Will they become common place? Over the coming months and next few years should answer that question for us. If no further pictures come forth or reports of sightings of this type of drone; than the questions will always remain; was it real, or was it a fake? If it is a fake, then somebody went through an awful lot of trouble and risking public ridicule in doing so.

EBS

[edit on 2-6-2007 by Easternbluestar]

new topics

top topics

join