It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about Samoans and the other islanders ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I just wanted to ask about the NWO and there plans for Samoans and the other Pacific Islanders.

There always this talk about the what the NWO as in-store for America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. But what about the Samoa and the other islands ?

Also nearly every environmentalist goes on about the possible dangers to coastal cities if global warming gets worse, But they never talk about the Pacific islands. Why

Half of Samoa belongs to the Unites States and the people of America Samoa are considered U.S. nationals. But it's never talked about in the news. Why?

Are Samoans left out because Vince McMahon and the WWE have you convinced we are nothing more that a bunch of over wight savages ?

I am American citizen first and foremost. But as a human who is half Samoan I am saddened by how my country makes every other minority feel important while my culture is ignored and dies a slow death. What has Samoa done to hurt the world ? Why are we left out. Is it because unlike other groups in America, Samoans don't cry racism over every little thing. Is that why we get ignored ?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I'm not a Samoan...I was born and bred in the Midwest, and it took me 20 years to learn to speak English (as opposed to Foxyworthy-ese, y'all!
), but I do work with a gent who is a Samoan, and had a Samoan roommate in my university days. Based on my experience, we could use a lot more Samoan culture in the world! The Samoans I've known have been laid-back, hard-working, *nice* people, and I think that's your problem when it comes to media attention.

You don't have an Obligatory Loudmouth and Self-Proclaimed Expert on Everything who sticks his face in front of a camera and rants about the injustices done to your people. (COUGH-COUGH-JESSE-COUGH-COUGH-AL-COUGH!!!)

You don't have a huge population that can be mobilized into a camera-capturing riot at a moment's notice.

It's not so much a 'conspiracy', as it is a lack of noise-making.

(Edited to remove a sentence fragment that somehow crept in...I guess the bit bucket is full!)

[edit on 30-5-2007 by Brother Stormhammer]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Talofa Darkmile

Are Samoans left out because Vince McMahon and the WWE have you convinced we are nothing more that a bunch of over wight savages ?

Err ... well actually I hate to say this but I have seen quite a few overweight Samoans savage Big Macs.

F'aa fatai lava

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Brother Stormhammer made some good points I believe.

I don't personally believe there is a conspiracy against Samoans and the other islanders. But I do worry that Samoans culture will one day vanish.

Please don't get me wrong I don't think that just because I'm Samoan thats makes me better than any one because I'm not. I don't want to see any ones heritage lost to time. I just feel that all Polynesians are at risk because they just want to live life and not grab headlines crying about how big bad America has done them wrong.

And to sy.gunson. Okay I give in. Samoans are big I admit it.

Feiloai

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Brother Stormhammer made some good points I believe.

I don't personally believe there is a conspiracy against Samoans and the other islanders. But I do worry that Samoans culture will one day vanish.

Please don't get me wrong I don't think that just because I'm Samoan thats makes me better than any one because I'm not. I don't want to see any ones heritage lost to time. I just feel that all Polynesians are at risk because they just want to live life and not grab headlines crying about how big bad America has done them wrong.

And to sy.gunson. Okay I give in. Samoans are big I admit it.

Feiloai

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Anyways about samoans here's a question for ya why are samoans so big damm the make great football players they have really good genetics i wish i had genetics like samoans

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well Samoan culture is alive and well in New Zealand. I have to say there are some really beautiful aspects to Samoan culture. Although it is what I would call a very structured or hierarchical society, Samoans have a capacity for forgiveness which should inspire the world.

Some may have heard recently about a Samoan mother who died in NZ when a rather avaricious power company turned off the power at her home. The oxygen generator in her home couldn't function without power and the contractor sent to turn off the power refused to take account of her medical needs.

The really interesting thing is after police began manslaughter investigations, the Family invited both the power company CEO and the contractor to the mother's funeral. The Samoan family according to custom held out an olive branch to those who had hurt them.

This is not uncommon in other situations. I think that capacity for forgiveness and publicly pardoning the wrongdoer shames western culture.

PS

I thought Jonah Lomu was a Tongan ?

Do Samoans play a lot of American football ?

[edit on 5-6-2007 by sy.gunson]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hey, if the rest of the world is ignoring Samoa, the BE GRATEFUL!
You don't need the rest of the worlds crap.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Darkmile77, I am from Huntington Beach born and raised, and now live in the midwest. So many changes have happened to my beautiful coast that when I go home it is as if I am living in another dimension, even the sun has been moved. The waves are much more angry and confused. Many years ago I sat with my dear Samoan Friend and shared some time. He asked me when I was coming to the island and I told him never in this life. That I had often thought deeply about the destruction of the islands and its people, traditions and culture. I did not want to become a part of that. He said NO, you are the type that is welcome, wanted there. I promised him no, and have always kept that promise. I listen to Hawaiian music, I pray each time I remember,for protection and peace for the living nature of the Islands and mountains, for her people. For her reefs and waves, for the sea family. You are under such protection, and that will always be. You are in a Buddha field. The only conspiracy against you started long long ago. It came with the loss of the days of innocence. It came in the form of christianity and shame. Yet through it all, you have been protected. So much to be greatful for. Celebrate what you still have and do not cry for what has been raped and taken.That is my job. And all the others that pray in the old ways. This is a transitional time for all of us, and the only way to make any real change is for us to remember. That is all.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
To Anatar:

I can not describe what your words have made me feel. All I can do is thank you and tell you I'm very great full for what you have wrote.

Thank you.

top topics

join