It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOA: Dead or Alive the Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Gamers will remember DOA as that fighting game with the bouncing breasts. This June North America will see the release of the movie "DOA: Dead or Alive."
Last September a few markets already got to see the movie and it was suspected that it would only be a direct to DVD movies in North America.

I'm sure gamers and non-gamers alike are going to hate this movie but here is the trailer and poster art for you to "enjoy."

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I saw this movie a while ago.

I'm almost ashamed to say that I enjoyed it.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Good lord... they couldn't even get their descriptions right.

Everyone knows Christie is an assassin, not a thief.
And Kasumi is a runaway ninja shinobi, not a ninja princess.
I'm surprised they didn't say Tina was a massage therapist.

From the Wiki article, Ayane looks like she's 40, when she's supposed to be in her teens. The idea of Christie working with anyone, except possibly Bayman, is ridiculous.

Who the hell directed this thing. Uwe Boll?...er...Corey Yuen? Hmmm...

I dunno. I'm a big fan of the game series (minus the volleyball, those 2 games were abysmal). Anyone else seen this able to say if it was as bad as it looks like it will be?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Huh, I thought that this movie was already in & out of theaters, then to DVD six months ago...

Wow, just... Wow. Who in the world would think that this movie would NOT be a train wreck? Also, why is an american company making this movie? DOA is a much bigger franchise in Japan than it is over here. I would hazard a guess to say that a Japanese or even a Hong Kong movie studio would do a better job making a DOA film. (At least they would hire someone who looks like Kasumi.)

Speaking of Kasumi, while she's the main girl in the DOA series, she's getting second banana ranking in the posters. And who is the lead girl? Why, it's a blonde skinny white girl! Don't come preching to me about diversity, Hollywood. We all know that in your heart of hearts you're a racist.

BTW, I just love how Ayane's wig is lifting up from her forehead in the poster. That's quality right there!

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The movie is CRAP. Only Kasumi and Ayane look anything like the real game. The rest are just ridiculous. Also the fight sequences are not well done. Too much fluff and prancing about.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Hey IAF101, just a quick question...

Are any of the other DOA fighters in this flick besides the five girls? I got a hankering to see Ryu Hyabasha on the big screen. I need me some Ninja Gaiden lovin'.

top topics

join