It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(HOAX)My Hypnosis to recover a time lapse(HOAX)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
As I said it was a great story. Fishy as no prison or area named. Benefit of the doubt was given, but without location info revealed it did get pretty lame.

I will never believe that our government had nothing to do with 911. The evidence on this forum from certain posters is worth a second look. A great poster ( IgnoranceIsntBlisss ) here put the below video together. Check it out!

INFO: "This is a crash course in the bitter truth of the state of our society, government and the technological system that's beyond even Hitler's own wet dream."
They Want Your Soul

I see nothing great coming from this type of poster in the future. They admitted to lying to us.

Lets do what we do best here... deny ignorance!

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I think we should be grateful to the OP. These types of entertaining hoaxes are just exercises in critical thinking that we should apply in everyday life; especially in politics.

No one likes to be chumped out. Maybe suspiciaonxt has provided the gullible a valuable lesson.

"Question Authority" & "everyone and everything else" but don't let your cynicism and suspicious nature turn mean spirited.

namaste
whaaa

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I agree, but then again I didn't click on a link in ATS that said "Critical Thinkers Corner: Lets see how gullible you are" ...

The entire site is basically about critical thinking. I see no point in testing us, and no point in this person getting Kudos for the hoax.

Take away the "critical thinking" of this story. Lets look at the intentions.
No doubt we will see more of this now. No real "deny ignorance" example was made here.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i didn't do it with any lesson.
When I saw Shawshank Redemption in my Cinematic Analysis class, I got an idea, wrote down the notes quickly to form a short story. I've lurked on this forum for quite some time, got an account and posted and saw where I could go with the backstory, as well as live (as in making it up as time went along with fielding questions)
I thought it was interesting, but i can see the animosity of being admittedly duped, especially in a forum where half the threads are about having a psychich connection with aliens on Galdazar-2354-c and possessing unencrypted documents that were swiped from General Jameson's Top Secret Desk, etc.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I think we should be grateful to the OP. These types of entertaining hoaxes are just exercises in critical thinking that we should apply in everyday life; especially in politics.

I disagree. The only thing something like this does is make it more likely that the next person with a real story is subjugated to even more animosity.

Yes, it's entertaining, for me, but I don't have a real-life unbelievable story to relate. On some forums, it's almost a contest to see who can be the first person to call "hoax". So then they have the "I told you so" rights.

Unfortunately, there will be some people who come here looking for legitimate answers to a perplexing situation only to be met with more hostility than would otherwise exist if not for the dorks who seem to get a perverse charge out of trying to put one over on us.

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Yes, it's entertaining, for me, but I don't have a real-life unbelievable story to relate. On some forums, it's almost a contest to see who can be the first person to call "hoax". So then they have the "I told you so" rights.

Yeahright, I see your point. And I plead "guilty as charged" to the "I told you so" rights.

I came damn close to to claiming the "I told you so rights" on this very thread.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest, I find it extremely difficult to believe any story on this site anymore. It pains me to say it, but these days I really only come here for entertainment/boredom reasons. If I read on this site that the sun was really hot, I'd probably shake my head and call BS. Shame.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The user SuspicionXT has been banned.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Unfortunately, there will be some people who come here looking for legitimate answers to a perplexing situation only to be met with more hostility than would otherwise exist if not for the dorks who seem to get a perverse charge out of trying to put one over on us.

Just a thought.

We do our best to keep the hostility to a minimum but we are greatly out numbered (100,000 registered members to about 60 staff).

I don't see a complaint about "hostility" or anything else regarding this thread nin the complaint forum, why is that?

If there was a violation of the TAC, PLEASE use the COMPLAINT BUTTON to HELP US.

As far as the dorks who try to pull one over on us, the GOOD news is they rarely, if ever, get by with it.

Springer...

[edit on 6-2-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
We do our best to keep the hostility to a minimum but we are greatly out numbered (100,000 registered members to about 60 staff).

The "Magnificent 60" does a great job. Completely outnumbered, yet always prevailing. (Cue 'Magnificent 7' theme).

I don't see a complaint about "hostility" or anything else regarding this thread nin the complaint forum, why is that?

I don't think there was any hostility on this thread. I was just trying to point out to my friend whaa why I don't think hoaxing is a positive thing, or can be spun that way.

As far as the dorks who try to pull one over on us, the GOOD news is they rarely, if ever, get by with it.

Amen. And here's hoping they never do.

gotta run muh burgers are burnin'.....

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
He gave us a big clue in his original post.

The thread title states hypnosis "to recover a time lapse", yet he claimed he was being hypnotized to find a way to alleviate depression in the post itself.

He contradicted himself in the very first entry of his *story*

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Why did he came up suddenly in the middle of the story with the declaration that his story is a hoax? He was going quite well even if all was nothing but a fiction. He changed his mood so suddenly (also his claims about ATS), I didnt understand this attitude.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I don't know but reading about the dig, my first thought was Tommyknockers by Steven King. Even though it was a hoax, it wasn't too bad a story. A bit of work and it might do okay in a Sci-Fi short story contest. Then again perhaps not. Kinda like the sucess of the Blair Witch Project was believing that it was real or even plausable. Knowing that it was fiction made it a very bland movie except for the very last scene.

Yeah hoaxes do no favors but neither does listening to a tale without a skeptical ear, even while giving benefit of the doubt.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
I don't know but reading about the dig, my first thought was Tommyknockers by Steven King.

Yeah, me too. I was beginning to wonder if there were any King fans around here, as I kept waiting for someone to mention Tommyknockers!

I don't think he ( the OP) was shown any real 'hostility' by responders.......but has increased the chance that the next teller of a tall tale may be met by some......and that next tale might be real.

He probably won't get quite the karmic kick that Gooey ( the kid that lied about having cancer) will get, but the next time he has a 'true' story that he desperately wants someone to believe.....??

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
My workmates all said 'TommyKnockers' and agreed it
was a hoax. Again, it shows the problems with wishful
thinking, imagination and half-term for the kids (UK).

When are they off next?

Anyway, I just got out of prison and I was feeling...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join