It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silly historians say that aliens helped build the pyramids because they are afraid to talk about sla

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It makes sense. Slavery back then was heralded. They did the emperors work and they traded slaves and they got more slaves in from Africa. Let's pretend that slavery didn't exist... the pyramids would have never gotten built. The world would be like WTF mate and then everyone else would be like OH NOES WE ARE GETTING TIRED OF BORING STRUCTURES because they are peeved off the idea that they can't look at any interesting monument... therefore much line of work is destroyed and many archeologists do not have jobs.
People theorize about aliens building the pyramids because slavery did not make sense to them. The reason why we exist today is because we had slavery and we learned from its mistakes. Some countries however-- still have slavery which is unfortunate because they have not learned from past grievences about what cuased this.
They feel as though slavery is morally wrong and that it is bad. So it didn't happen. It's just like with the people who denied the holocaust.
They do not want to believe that something happened. That's why they think that.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Which "historians" are you referring too ?
None that I've heard or read say anything about aliens.
In fact, that theory is from outside historical perspective.

From what I've heard and read, the slave theory is most predominant,
with the theory that the common people willingly helped during the
crop growing off season.

Since I'm no expert, far from it, actually; I'd really like to see someone
like Byrd chime in on this.

Regards,
Lex

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
*sigh*...

i hate having to tackle this, maverickhunter... you've been taught wrong. at the time of the old kingdom egypt didn't really practice slavery. the pyramids were built mostly in the off-season of farming by farmers who had nothing better to do than watch their fields. these people were payed in food and beer, and the food that they would normally eat would be left to their families that they had left. this means that it was win-win. their family would have more food to go around and they'd still get 3 squares (or the egyptian equivalent). to top it all off, they thought they were working for a living god.

no slavery required

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I agree that it is likely no slavery was involved in building the Pyramids. It has only been made popular in the public mind by Hollywood. Plus, I thought that it was pretty much agreed upon by historians today, that they were built using willing labourers that lived in specially built villages to house them.

Some of the builders were permanent employees of the pharaoh. Others were conscripted for a limited time from local villages. Some may have been women: Although no depictions of women builders have been found, some female skeletons show wear that suggests they labored with heavy stone for long periods of time.

www.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I, too, would like to know which mainstream historians have attributed the building of the pyramids to aliens, Maverickhunter. Surely if these historians or archeologists are mainstream then they are certainly in the minority.

I also think some of your reasoning is absurd. Although the pyramids of Egypt are arguably the greatest structures every constructed on Earth, their absense would hardly mean the end of future architects and archeologists. The ancient world was filled with amazing structures and statues. Just look at the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, for starters. The pyramids of Egypt are not the world's lone source of inspiration when it comes to architecture and archeology. Sure, their absense would have altered the course of history on some levels, just as the absense of anyone or anything else would ("the Butterfly Effect").

Now, lets assume for the moment that there are mainstream archeologists and historians who attribute the construction of the pyramids to alien beings. I believe that their doing so would have nothing to do with their own personal refusal to believe that slave labor was used. You will find that most people who deny the existence of slavery, or events such as the Holocaust, are often the descendents of the very people accused of carrying out such attrocities. It's much harder for a German grandson of a Nazi to give the Holocaust credibility, just as it is for the American grandson of a slave owner to give the existence of slavery any credibility. However, you would be hard-pressed to find such behavior with regards to something that happened THOUSANDS of years ago! And even if you did, and if my belief is correct, then it would only be displayed by those of Egyptian descent. But if someone of Egyptian descent is refusing to acknowledge that slave labor built their pyramids, out of pride and heritage, then it would also stand that they wouldn't want to give credit to a race of alien beings, either. They would want people to think that the pyramids were built by their own people of their own free will, without the use of slaves and without the help of space aliens!

Then you must also take into account that the majority of archeologists and historians are not themselves Egyptian. So what motives would they have in denying the existence of slave labor used by Egyptians thousands of years ago?

I hope that you can understand the point I'm trying to make here. Sometimes it's hard to explain what I'm thinking in simple terms and without using a million words! So, in closing, I think that your thinking is way off.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I thought that they didn't have slaves? Ancient Egyptian slave labor is just another one of those factual errors that is never questioned. If you suggest they didn't have slaves to the general public then people think you are lying. From what we do have for evidence (the bible does not count) Egypt did have slaves but mostly just as household/palace servants. Laborers were actually unionized and treated fairly well because they would refuse to work if they weren't.

top topics

join