It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop went crazy when he pulled over this person.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
police going crazy on a guy for not letting him look in his mouth. what do you guys think of this for out of control? i put this under military because that is what the police are imo.
www.nwi.com...

[edit on 27-5-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
When did our Nation allow this kind of treatment to get out of hand? And for what, allegedly a small amount of drugs, small enough to be hidden in his mouth?
If this guy was a murderer or murder suspect, I could imagine this type of emotion. Cops act like theyre on steroids now days. Whether its steroids or what I dont know but something is causing cops to exhibit violent behaviors over the simplest things.
Im not generalizing or suggesting that (all) cops are but the ones ive seen in videos like this seem to suggest that there is something going on.
What about the women (waitress) beat by the offduty Chicago cop? Just another example.
My Father was a cop for 25 years in Dallas, I met many cops and even drank beer with cops at fishing tournys etc.. most of them were really good guys and girls. My Dad told me of a story of him arriving on the scene of a crime in the mid 70's,
A drunk driver had ran up onto a sidewalk and slaughtered a young girl on a tricycle. My Dad and his partner had the unfortunate job of transporting this guy to the station. He wasnt to proud of what happened next but after seeing a 5 year old girl smeared across a sidewalk, he let his emotions get away from him. Him and his partner pulled into a back alley and beat this guy up pretty good. Yea it was wrong he was yound and lost control.
My point though is that Cops that are shown in videos like this seem to "lose" it over the smallest things. Its one thing if he had killed someone or had caused a major wreck, hurting people etc.. but because he wouldnt open his mouth? ridiculous!
When I get pulled over, I go out of my way to be respectful, just to avoid this type of incident and for a chance to talk my way out of a ticket

[edit on 5/26/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
(snip)
If this guy was a murderer or murder suspect, I could imagine this type of emotion.

Cops act like theyre on steroids now days. Whether its steroids or what I dont know but something is causing cops to exhibit violent behaviors over the simplest things.
Im not generalizing or suggesting that (all) cops are but the ones ive seen in videos like this seem to suggest that there is something going on.
(snip)
My Father was a cop for 25 years in Dallas, I met many cops and even drank beer with cops at fishing tournys etc.. most of them were really good guys and girls. My Dad told me of a story of him arriving on the scene of a crime in the mid 70's,
A drunk driver had ran up onto a sidewalk and slaughtered a young girl on a tricycle.
(snip)
He wasnt to proud of what happened next but after seeing a 5 year old girl smeared across a sidewalk, he let his emotions get away from him.
(snip)
When I get pulled over, I go out of my way to be respectful, just to avoid this type of incident and for a chance to talk my way out of a ticket

(snip)

Do you realize that you give examples of cop behavior, cite your own dad and his partner doing it, and say you're extra respectful if/when stopped, yet (bolded text) your conclusion is they are (mostly) good?

I don't think you mean to imply this, solely...but if you think about it, what you're really saying is that most cops have (at least one) examples of over the top behavior, though it isn't frequent (that you know).

You're implying that the job is hard and that they are taxed beyond normal limits. I agree.

Sometimes it's hard to admit to the extremes of human behavior, so we, quite understandably, mitigate the behavior subconsciously.

Three hundred cops on a typical small town force. If each of them has assaulted a suspect, even if only once, that's 299 times too many, imo.

I will say that the younger, better educated cops seem less likely, or less frequently turn to assault. And, it's good that almost every department recognizes this is a problem, especially when the cops get charged up with adrenalin during, say, a high speed chase.

They teach them, specifically, how to curb this, so I suppose that's a good trend it if continues.

Again, not knocking your comments, just trying to look at the whole thing carefully.
Lots of people give similar arguments just before saying 'most cops are good'. I think it's more accurate to say that some cops are good some of the time.

[edit on 26-5-2007 by Badge01]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You have to understand that the time period that I hung around with cops was a long time ago, mostly during the the decade of the 80's. I was trying to point out how times seem to have changed. I was also careful not to generalize my statements across the entire police forces and to say that these violent behaviors by cops towards suspects seems to be very excessive compared to what the crimes are.
The cop growing VERY violent over something so simple as him not opening his mouth.
I know the majority of excessive force is generally after a long chase of a suspect that is wanted for a heinous crime. The cops adrenaline causes them to end the chase by beating the cuffed/uncuffed suspect at the end of the chase.
I specified steroids because a lot of the younger cops now days, pump iron, run and everything else to be in excellent shape. That is why I mentioned steroids.
My dad wasnt proud of what he did and I wasnt proud of what he did but its understandable, something like this video is not though.
So to summarize, I believe over all that cops are getting worse. they are terrorizing people they stop on many occasions and fly off the handle after the suspect denying to answer a simple question.
There are god cops and there are bad cops but it is my opinion that the ratio of good to bad is growing, in the "bads" favor.
Old people are being tased for refusing to exit their vehicle.. Young children are being tased for throwig a temper tantrums.
Imo, this is training they are receiving in preperations for major crackdowns if and when the order is given.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Really i think its not that cops are abd but that cops as well as people getting pulled over have seen such crazy things happen that they go in to situations pumped up and preparing for the worst. I mean you can watch cops and see a situation just as calm as that turn from a guy refusing to do something into that guy attacking the cop. Not to mention he sounded like he was on something. I feel that people on both sides of the situation just dont know how to react because of the crazy things that happen nowadays.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
wow just think if the idiot would of opened his mouth, lowered his head like he was asked, its over, no force is necessary...but where the real problem lies is with PEOPLE. I am in law enforcement, and even though my tone with the guy may have been different I too would have forced his mouth open if he didn't comply. And the "it's no big deal, he isn't a murderer, no need to act that way" line is a typical responce...

People these days have NO respect for anything, especially the law. Drive around one day and watch the behavior of most people on a normal day. They drive like a*******, no courtesy because its all about them....They talk to people with no manners anymore, there is this DON'T DISRESPECT ME attitude, yet they act like complete fools themselves....the list can go on and on...

My major gripe is this...A LOT of people come on these boards complaining about horrible crimes being committed on a daily basis, criminals getting off easy and repeating criminal acts, the justice system failing, and what do those people say....WHY is this happening, WHAT can be done to stop it, SOMETHING needs to change, blah blah blah...well guess what, the MAJOR reason this stuff continues (meaning crimes) and the main reason guys like in this video act like they can just say no and act how they want is because PEOPLE are allowing our own society to rot!!!! Allow a cop to kick some scumbags *** because he won't follow simple rules (Its not like he didn't hear the cop, or like he was slow..he refused), let cops serve a little street justice to a guy who raped a 4 year old, actually let our criminal justice system carry out the death penalty without letting 50 years go by at the taxpayers expense.

WE NEED TO SET A PRECIDENT!!!!!!!!! When I was a kid and did something bad or mouthed off I got a crack and trust me I didn't repeat the same offense twice. We need to do that now. OBVIOUSLY our current no harm to a criminal theory isn't working...and if you think giving kids timeouts works..take a ride to your local juvenile detention center and have a look. Not to mention just watch how these ANIMALS act in the adult prisons...

Its very simple...a man sitting at home is about to go pick up a little girl and rape her, then maybe torture her, and kill her after he rapes her again...but the news comes on and it shows a guy who has done the same crime...he was beat by the police, noone has an ounce of sympathy, it was proven he DID commit the crime so the courts find him guilty, he was put in prison where he was beat some more, and 2 days later he is dead by whatever means the state decided....i'm thinking the guy at home just might second guess his actions and stay home once he knows IF he gets caught no more 3 meals a day, no more heat/ac, no more free TV, free healthcare, free internet, free phone calls, etc etc

[edit on 27/5/07 by shadow_soldier1975]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I think this is an excellent rebuttal and you should print this out and give it to your watch commander and your chief of police.

I mean, really, why keep such a good plan to yourself?

While you're at it, do we really need the judicial branch? Why not just have the executive branch and do away with liberal judges and legislators.

Silly constitution to have three branches of government to prevent one from being judge, jury and executioner.

(rolls eyes).

C'mon, man, think about what you're saying.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Thats a bummer I wanted to see it but my quicktime is on the blink.

I guess I need to get unlazy and reinstall it.

Is there anywhere else maybe I could watch it?

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Gladly, considering their ideals are pretty much on par with mine.

In truth, do we truly need the judicial branch, yes. Does it need to be SERIOUSLY overhauled...you bet ya! And I can't agree more, no place in TODAY's world for liberal judges. Its amazing how people like you defend the same system that allows such trash day to day. School shootings, murders, robbries, burglaries, thefts, assaults, etc...sure these crimes have been happening for years...but NOT at the rate they are today and definitly not by such a WIDE range of people. The prison system is a JOKE!!!!! When you get paid every week or two weeks Badge just think, you put in a long days work, or a hard week (assuming you do work) and you look at that pay stub and see ALL the money you made..then you look to see ALL that money they withheld. Hmmm where is that going..well some of it is to your lovely prisons and to the meals to feed the scum, take care of your scum, let your scum watch tv, let your scum get online, let your scum get off easy! And I refer to them as your scum because (as you already noted) my attitude and reactions wouldn't allow GOOD people to have to deal with nor support people like this.

And as for the Constitution...where in that document does it allow you to REFUSE to obey the law! Where in that document does it say you have the right to act like a complete idiot and noone can do anything about!

TELL YOU WHAT, I WILL EVEN THROW IN A LITTLE SENERIO FOR YOU LIBERALS WHO BELIEVE COPS ARE WAY OUT OF HAND!

Senerio: Watch this below video. After seeing it, imagine a police officer arriving on scene just as this crime concludes. How would you like to see a police officer handle a man like this?

www.youtube.com...

I will tell you my reaction. If I don't shoot him, which i would prefer because of the serious bodily injury he is causing an elderly gentleman, he is definitly getting beat down. He would regret his actions...and in the sad world we live in yes...this guy almost kills a elderly man, I as a cop beat the **** out of him and I would lose my job, get sued, and the CRIMINAL WINS!!!! YAY FOR LIBERALS!!!!!!!

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
one other thing...thank god for liberal judges...i mean just watch DATELINE NBC to catch a predator..EVERYTIME its on (nationwide) guys just keep showing up to have sex (and god knows do what else) to helpless little girls. They keep coming and coming and coming...and I wonder why....wait i know...because WE HAVEN'T SET A PRECIDENT!!! Neuter these sick SOB's and have a tattoo put on their forheads "PEDOPHILE" and guess what, the NBC show stops...no more customers....and little girls and boys can finally go back on the internet or outside to play SAFELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I think they where justified but didn't have to swear at the guy.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sevenelizabeth
I think they where justified but didn't have to swear at the guy.

the cop was just mad because the guy didnt bow down to his requests....you have the right to do that ya know. btw he didnt just swear at the guy he snapped and choked him and threw him on the ground and started hitting him just to try and make the guy open his mouth when a person doesnt have to do a damn thing a cop tells em to as long as your not resisting or being violent....got to know your rights........not justified.

[edit on 28-5-2007 by Funkydung]

[edit on 28-5-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow_soldier1975
I will tell you my reaction. If I don't shoot him, which i would prefer because of the serious bodily injury he is causing an elderly gentleman, he is definitly getting beat down. He would regret his actions...and in the sad world we live in yes...this guy almost kills a elderly man, I as a cop beat the **** out of him and I would lose my job, get sued, and the CRIMINAL WINS!!!! YAY FOR LIBERALS!!!!!!!

It's not about the situation, the prisons, the liberals, it's about attitude.

Anyone with this attitude - beating a suspect, or shooting someone without just cause - has no business in law enforcement.

You have no idea why someone might be attacking someone. In fact if another of your colleagues happened upon you beating a suspect then they, by your rules, would be justified in shooting you - after all you were armed and in the process of committing a felony and possibly manslaughter.

Take some advice - go into another field, if you are indeed a law enforcement officer. The last thing we need are hyper-emotional police patrolmen.

(Just for the record, I don't like the prison system, the sentencing guidelines, or criminals being able to sue the persons that might shoot them during a home invasion (for example). )

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It's this kind of "dominance" BS that gets cops killed.

I'm always polite and cooperative with cops, and sometimes I get this kind of stuff anyway. And I'll tell you, I'm a nice guy and not some thug, but when they adopt that bullying tone with me, the first thought that comes to mind is "if you didn't have that badge, you'd be on the ground begging for your mommy right now".

They really need more careful psychological screening before they give a guy a gun and a badge. Most of the cops I've delt with have been polite and professional, but some are straight up bullies, and those are the types that get good cops killed.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
It's this kind of "dominance" BS that gets cops killed.

What a cop needs to do is basic. Stop the assault, secure the suspect(s) - often both players - and secure the scene. Then call it in, get some support and then get some basic facts.

What might seem like an obvious 'victim' at the time might have done something to really provoke the attacker, such as run over their kid. Or the 'victim' might have just committed a crime and the citizen is trying to subdue him.

In domestic quarrels you never know who is the real bad guy. Does the cop just beat up the biggest person, or the one that's the sassiest, husband/man or wife/woman? I think it's likely that the first impression, since both parties tend to be excited in domestic cases, can be the wrong one after they really investigate things. Sometimes the female can be the aggressor and the man the victim.

ISMT, once you start assaulting suspects, no matter what the reason, you go down a dark path that can only lead to no good.

[edit on 28-5-2007 by Badge01]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Figures, 2 cops have it handled, some prick on a power trip flips out.

Most cop instances where violence occurs unprovoked come EXACTLY from this kind of cop.. the power trip I am god bow before me and my authority kind of cop.

They should have a personality test to pass before you get a badge.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
oh i see, we should all be like wal mart greeters....have NO attitudes..just be polite....while people get shot and killed, kids get raped, people get beat up and robbed...we should react like this.

"Sir please stop stabbing that 95 year old woman for her purse, its ok, I understand your upset and need money for your crack problem...so go ahead and finish killing her then IF you will let me I'll cuff you and take you in for murder. will you please cooperate?"
or
"Sir why are you raping that poor little girl? Were you an abused child that you have to do such mean things? I'm not allowed to put my hands on you because some people say thats police brutality so if you would please get off the little girl I would appreciate it."

Both suspects respond "F*** off pig, i have the right to do what I want, you can't touch me or I'll sue you" well then i guess I should get back in my patrol car and leave because if i DO MY JOB I will be judged because EVERYONE else knows how to handle these people. They know how to handle it so much that they ALWAYS have a better answer, ALWAYS have a better attitude, ALWAYS know the law better, etc...

and you people actually wonder why this country is in such a mess and crime is out of hand...get some thicker skin and learn how to actually go out and protect good people like I do..not sit back and talk about it and feel bad for the scum who if given a chance would rob you, kill you, then laugh at you..and who would you call...you guessed it...MOI

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

oh i see, we should all be like wal mart greeters....have NO attitudes..just be polite....while people get shot and killed, kids get raped, people get beat up and robbed...we should react like this.

See the video?
Who was getting raped, robbed, shot?

Nobody.

That officer was being a bully and massively overreacting.
He shouldn't be wearing a badge.

I've encountered the same kind of thing, when I was doing nothing remotely illegal. Multiple times.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think cops are traffic lords with power trips.
There generally useless and a nusense at best, a power drunk insane idot at worst.
That guy is a choker.....man the war on drugs is nothing but a spin
and no need for aggression.

what we need is a war on police brutality
I say shoot the $#@!%

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow_soldier1975

and you people actually wonder why this country is in such a mess and crime is out of hand...get some thicker skin and learn how to actually go out and protect good people like I do..not sit back and talk about it and feel bad for the scum who if given a chance would rob you, kill you, then laugh at you..and who would you call...you guessed it...MOI

Funny how the truth irritates people.

Well said shadow_soldier1975

I would vote you way above if it was still possible.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join