It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever seen this plane?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I was surfing another website on aircraft when I found a photo of an airplane that looks simular to the B-2, except that it has a Stright trailing edge insted of a zig-zag. A closer look reviels other differences in the shape of this flying wing. Clearly this is NOT a B-2 Stealth Bomber. Here is the photo (or what seems to be a photo):

Does anyone know what this is?

Is this real?

Tim

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sorry, but that doesn't look right to me. Look at the trailing edge, it's not straight. Like someone tried to make it straight and didn't quite do a good enough job. And the black near the trailing edge looks very odd compared to the rest of it, like it was added later. I'm no expert on what is and isn't fake, and I've been wrong before, but there are several oddities that just don't look right on that picture.

This looks a lot like the same picture with a B-2 in it.

[edit on 5/26/2007 by Zaphod58]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I'm no expert on what is and isn't fake, and I've been wrong before, but there are several oddities that just don't look right on that picture.

Good point! It does look a bit suspicious how the color is slightly different. I wonder if I got hoaxed by some joker with an air brush!

Oh well, noone's perfect!

Tim

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Nothing on the trailing edge for any sort of control.

Im going to say fake just on that part alone

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I edited my post to include the real pic for you. It's just a B-2 that was photoshopped.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It's deffinately a photoshop'd image, but I wonder if the purpose is not to hoax but illustrate. From memory when the B-2 was being designed the original requirement was for high alltitude penetration. Somewhere along the way the USAF brass had second thoughts and asked Northrop to include a low alltitude abillity. Unfortunately the whole program was already well advanced so the redesign effort was a big part in the whole program cost blowing out, and well the rest is history. So I'm wondering if this photoshop effort is an attempt to illustrate how the original design would have looked if the first design had made it through to production.

LEE.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I see what you're saying, but if that was the case I would think it would have been better done. Surely they could have drawn the back of the wing straight, and they would have added control surfaces, etc. They would have made it super detailed and shown all the things that are missing here.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yeah. I'd have to agree that it's a photochop of the same exact image that Zaphod linked to ... and a Rather poor one at that.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Uh... Fake. Definitely fake. Look at the engines. The guy was too lazy to go in there with a lasso tool and take out the previous environment. Sorry. But that's just a photoshop job, and a poor one at that.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yeah I agree that it's one of the worst PS'd jobs I have seen for a while(even worse than my skills
!), but without knowing where Tim got it it's hard to judge the motive. If I had to guess I would say that it was done by an amateur who was merely trying to illustrate how the original plan form would have looked. I dont think they were seriously trying to fool anyone otherwise they would have done a lot better job.

Which gets me thinking, does anyone have any images of how the original B-2 design looked? I am sure I remember seeing it years ago somewhere.

LEE.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
FAKE!

I reckon I could do a better job than that....

Look at these...: www.cardatabase.net...

Hehehe.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Simply, it's just a bad B-2 photoshop, the front of the plane is a normal B-2 everything looks right and as you get further back the colour, the texture and everything is fake.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Ok, Ghost I have managed to find an image of the original B-2 planform. When I figure out how to convert it from a huge bitmap into something more manageable I will post it up. In short though it proves that the image you found was a fake and not even a representation of the original as I theorised.

LEE.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm rather surprised this thread is still active, or that it has continued this long.

The image in question is obviously a modified photo of a B-2. I have seen the original B-2 photo from time to time, but I probably won't go out of my way to search for it now. If I come across it, I may post the information later.

I thought by now someone would have discovered the truth about the modified image. It is a fake, but it's not a hoax. It was, as far as I can tell, created specifically for the Black Triangle E-Group web page to illustrate a generic "black triangle" airplane similar to those being reported by various observers.

tech.groups.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thank You Shadowhawk!

Folks, It was late evening when I found and posted this thread. At the time I was tired and didn't pick up the difference in the shading. It was an honest mistake from a tired poster! It's my thread and I WANT it Closed!

Can we Close this thread and be DONE with it Already?

Tim

top topics

join