It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The media fuels the terrorists.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The media fuels them. They say that Iraq will become a safe haven for Terrorism if we leave it and so they can plot against us there but they can do that already. They don't need the money from the Iraqi Oil fields because they have the money in their banks already and they have been able to finance themselves up unitil now so they won't need to worry about money that is not their concern. If we give them Iraq it will create hope for our country that we can make diplomatic peace even with people who we presumed to hate us yet they do not hate us and they do not wish to wage war on us they hate the administration. If we can only convince the media to tell the truth about how if we leave Iraq the ME will become more stabalized however... the media... being paid for by the government... is going to keep doing what it's doing. Haven't you noticed? All of the news is a lie. They don't know the truth about Iraq or the ME. If we leave the country of Iraq we can stabalize the ME because the insurgents seem to be bringing all of the Arab nations into unity against one another and it is creating more rebel factions. We need to stop the media from blowing this situation up again.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
The media fuels them. They say that Iraq will become a safe haven for Terrorism if we leave it and so they can plot against us there but they can do that already. They don't need the money from the Iraqi Oil fields because they have the money in their banks already and they have been able to finance themselves up unitil now so they won't need to worry about money that is not their concern.

Any supposed "safe haven" has little or nothing to do with "money from the Oil", it would be more a result of being Allowed to conduct said operations/continuance thereof. IF it be as They say, then in a land with minimal goevernmental oversight and or enforcement of law, the supposed al-Quaeda groups, militants, etc. could very well do as they like. IF they're actually established there in the first place. ?

If we give them Iraq it will create hope for our country that we can make diplomatic peace even with people who we presumed to hate us yet they do not hate us and they do not wish to wage war on us they hate the administration.

Give WHO Iraq? The Peoples and Government thereof? As much as I'm not certain as to WHY we're there in the first place, [I know, I know ... to fight the War on Terrorism] I do believe that if the coalition troops were to pullout now it would be a far worse situation than we're seeing at this time. While it may seem that the coalition is struggling to "hold things together", they are doing just that ... holding things together. Leave now, and I can virtually assure you a much worse scenario briefly thereafter. As bad as things may seem at the moment, it would only escalate into more violence and sensationalized attrocities amidst themselves. You've basically got 3 fighters [factions] with Each having a formidable supporter [country/interest] in their corner, so to speak.

If we can only convince the media to tell the truth about how if we leave Iraq the ME will become more stabalized however... the media... being paid for by the government... is going to keep doing what it's doing.

Good luck on the "telling the truth" part. The "truth" doesn't always sell newspapers nor increase circulation(s). Business is business, you know?

Haven't you noticed? All of the news is a lie. They don't know the truth about Iraq or the ME.

As for All of the news being a lie, I'm not sure I would go to That length with such assertions, but I do feel that the typical American is way too comfortable with their 6 O'clock sNewz. Sad, that.

If we leave the country of Iraq we can stabalize the ME because the insurgents seem to be bringing all of the Arab nations into unity against one another and it is creating more rebel factions.

All in All, the various factions you speak of have been "against" one another throughout the sands of time. How are We to change that?

We need to stop the media from blowing this situation up again.

Again, Good Luck with that one, Mav.

new topics

join