It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pompeii conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Has anyone ever thought that mabey pompeii is a conspiracy.

You dont think the secret societies in practice at the time, ex, mithraism, Eleusian had the power or the determination or the capabilities to blow out the side of a volcano.

I more then do.

If we have the "by design" capabilities of god to fly boeing 747s into skyscrapers, bringing them perfectly to the ground,

then im sure they had the technologies then, to blow out the side of a mountian,

Now, if it only happened on 9/11, it would be a sure sell.

The perfect preservation of how society operated in ancient roman times could have been the motivation for the experiment

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
How did yall miss that one

its the pompeii conspiracy

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Because Romans never had advanced technology?
Also Mithraism was as secret a society as early Christianity in Rome
Ill put this theory next to my 'Ancient Egyptian mummies destroyed the Titanic' theory.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I have read information stating that as early as 142 AD chinese alchemists in the courts of the elite were experimenting with explosive technology.

Thats roughly 60 years after pompeii.

My point is, is that the technology to blow out the side of a mountian was available during the roman times

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Howed yall miss this one

Its the pompeii conspiracy

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ok think about that for a minute. Blow the side of a mountain up to cause volcanic eruption. Thats one heck of a bomb.

If it was me I would have planted the bomb right in the middle of pompeii.
Especially if it was that big.
That would have made more sense and a more sure thing.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Well, they would have been using the volcanoe to enhance the bomb.

Kind of like throwing a a hand full of bullets into the fire.

And also, the whole point was to have the lava flow over the city to cover up the relics for the future to enjoy.

It was to preserve for the future, an untouched, unblundered, a "frozen" in time moment, from the past.

Well done Romans.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Maybe swamp gas dazzled a passing extraterrestrial who then inadvertently knocked a meteor slightly out of its orbit - causing it to slam in to the volcano and wipe out Pompeii - oh the tenuous-ness of it all!!

Seriously though - unless they had something akin to a nuke back then i don't think so some how.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MXIII
Well, they would have been using the volcanoe to enhance the bomb.

Kind of like throwing a a hand full of bullets into the fire.

And also, the whole point was to have the lava flow over the city to cover up the relics for the future to enjoy.

It was to preserve for the future, an untouched, unblundered, a "frozen" in time moment, from the past.

Well done Romans.

Yes but a bomb big enough to set off a volcanic eruption is big enough to blow up a city.

And if the romans wanted to preserve the relics they would have built a museum, much easier.

They could have saved the city and bought two relics, one for saving and the other for using. Kinda like star wars collectibles.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Is this sarcasim to imply that this theory is completely whacked.

The roman power at the time was way further advanced then we are led to believe.

Its always like that.

When were cars invented, in the 1800s, except they were driving cars in the 1700s.

By the time the wright brothers got off the ground, you can be assured the jesuits were flying in private jets.

And any ufo ever seen has been the product of human hands

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Well your certainly entitled to your opinions - and yours are not hurting any one and are very interesting.-

Just do me a favour bud - don't mention them to any doctors! It’s hard to type in a straight jacket

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The mixture needed for the explosion was three basic ingredients.

Salt peter, mixed with charcoal, mixed with one other.

anyways, it basicly was the perfect experiemnt, just throw the saltpeter in the top of the volcanoe and run.

I could just imagine caesar gumbooting it down the hill , looking back thinkin to him self,

oh darn, am i going to make it

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

The mixture needed for the explosion was three basic ingredients.

Salt peter, mixed with charcoal, mixed with one other.

anyways, it basicly was the perfect experiemnt, just throw the saltpeter in the top of the volcanoe and run.

I could just imagine caesar gumbooting it down the hill , looking back thinkin to him self,

oh darn, am i going to make it

I believe if you add sulfur to that mixture its called gunpowder. WOW, youve got to be talking tons and tons.

And the poor guy who lit the fuse.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
And this is coming from the same guy who said that the VT shooting was a huge conspiracy based on the fact that there was a fish...

I mean, it seems like a cool theory. But, you can't just toss in a little bit of this and a dash of that, then abra-cadabra! You get a volcano to destroy an entire city of people. I'll give you credit though, this theory is a doozy.

Hmmmmm

-Droops

[edit on 27-5-2007 by DrOOpieS]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Pompeii was the playground for the rich. I do not see any sort of conspiracy about it. A volcano blew it's top, people where killed end of story.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
You still have not given a reasonable explanation as to why they would even do this?

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I have read information stating that as early as 142 AD chinese alchemists in the courts of the elite were experimenting with explosive technology.

This was China and in the courts of the elite, we must remember, a far cry from the streets of Rome.
Some questions arise though:
1. How would the Roman's get access to Chinese technology?
2. Why would the Chinese government allow Romans access to explosive technology? Silk creations comes to mind here.

3. How would the Romans get enough to start a volcanic eruption?

Thats roughly 60 years after pompeii.

Isn't that a contradiction?

My point is, is that the technology to blow out the side of a mountian was available during the roman times

And so were advanced architectural techniques. Does this mean that the 'Barbarian' tribes would have access to these techniques?

The roman power at the time was way further advanced then we are led to believe.

Look, for the last time, the burden of proof is on the proclaimer. Unless you want to look like a ranting and raving lunatic some back-up evidence would be nice.
Also wouldn't archeologists find the advanced technology?

When were cars invented, in the 1800s, except they were driving cars in the 1700s.

I'm sure they were.

By the time the wright brothers got off the ground, you can be assured the jesuits were flying in private jets.

I'm sure they were. Those Jesuits certainly do have their fingers in a lot of metaphorical pies.

And any ufo ever seen has been the product of human hands

Probably Nazis.

new topics

top topics

join