It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benson Space Co. Unveils Dream Chaser Design

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

DALLAS, Texas - Space entrepreneur, Jim Benson, head of Benson Space Company of Poway, California is set to announce a fresh approach in the design of his firm's "Dream Chaser" space tourism vehicle.

The firm's new suborbital design will be based on a melding of the NASA and Air Force X-2, X-15, and T-38 vehicles - rather than using an earlier design - the orbital NASA HL-20 lifting body craft.
This new design is deemed safer and more aerodynamic, Benson said. It will also allow Benson Space Company to remain on schedule to make its initial commercial spaceflights in 2009.

SOURCE:
Space.com

It is a very interesting design, sort of looks like what would happen if NASA and
Virgin Galactic collaborated in my opinion.

I'm glad to see so many Space companies coming about and stuff, gives me hope
for the future.

Comments, Opinions?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It does look like a 30's design but hey if it flies great.We need more commercial efforts if regular people will ever see the stars!

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
That design is hilarious looking. It really DOES look like one of those older models you'd see in those cheesy movies. It's not bad though, especially if it flies.

Lets hope for more commercial space programs!

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
That so reminds me of Duck Dodgers vs Marvin the Martian. "I had it in reverse". LOL

top topics

join