It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-US. Cleric al-Sadr shows his face again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Is been four months since his last show and it seems that he has not changed his sentiments against US, UK and Israel.

Reuters news agency reported that al-Sadr gave a sermon in which he called the United States, Britain and Israel the "evil trio."

The Shiite cleric also called on his Mehdi Army militia to stop fighting Iraqi government forces and asked his supporters to protect Sunnis and Christians from attacks, Reuters reported.

Interesting that he is actually asking his Army to stop fighting the Iraqi government and to protect Sunnis and Christians?

I don’t get it.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 25-5-2007 by marg6043]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well could be that he is positioning himself politcally for the future. He is supported by Iran, and the wonton massacere of innocent civilains from outsiders like al queda, does not serve his purpose.

Or.......

Maybe there is some wheeling & dealing going on between the US and Iran and part of the dealing is to get the sectarian violence to stop....of course since al-sadar is supported by Iran and is the religious/political leader in Iraq, it would make sense for him to make the decree.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think you are right, ferretman2, but you know that the elections in Iraq has been postponed for now.

Perhaps He is trying to keep his hold in the government . . . I am confuse, I thought that he hold seats in the Iraqi government or at least his party does.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well it seems that Al-Sadr still chants death to America, but the US command in Iraq are still waiting for him to show good will rather than have him arrested.

Is this man to be trusted?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
IMO Al-Sadr is positioning himself as an "good guy " which will allow him to extend his political influence and be in a position where he can influence the outcome after coalition forces leave Iraq. The fact that Al-Sadr is still alive is an failure in itself he should have been taken out a long time ago.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I believe the present administration has a reason why to keep Al-sadr alive and well.

This guy has to be very important from a military stand point.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Mqtadr al sadar has correctly reasoned that he cannot fight and win a war on two fronts. He has realised that he cannot beat the Americans and grab power until he first quells conflict with the sunnis.

He is a most dangerous man and the inevitable outcome will be an Iraq ruled by the mullahs in the shadow of Iran.

The sooner the west switches away from dependence on oil and uses alternative fuels/technology, the sooner these people will be stripped of the one thing which makes them important... OIL

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Muqtada al-Sadr is nothing more than a loud mouth loser. The self-proclaimed "cleric",according to Shi‘a doctrines,has no religious education,and cannot issue "fatwas".He only claim to fame is his father,a real cleric.His "Mahdi Army" is responsible for the ethnic cleansing of Sunnis. here

[edit on 26-5-2007 by rdang]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You are mistaken Al-Sadr comes from a powerful clerical dynasty and the only reason he has not been killed by the US yet is due to his status among his people, his title is legit and only his opponents are the ones undermining his birth right.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Isn't he this guy

[edit on 26-5-2007 by rdang]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Ahhh, wikipedia, the place to go for quality information. Kill all-Sadr and the US and UK will manage to turn the entire Shia population against them, in fact I'm surprised we haven't managed do something so monumentally stupid yet, though give it time and I'm sure we will.

Frankly, I don't know why we just don't face the fact that we simply can't win and hand over control to the Iranians (referred to by Saddam as Pagans), they'll probably manage it better than us. There's still the language barrier though, but they ruled the area pretty well for hundreds of years. So they've had some practice.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
DenyAllKnowledge,

You are right and that gave you three stars

I decided not to use the wikipedia due to the fact that some of the information can be mixed.

Al-Sadr was nothing more than a Man running a news paper when he stepped into the toes of Mr. Paul Bremen, when he was acting as the man in charge of Iraqi after invasion.

Mr. Bremen didn’t like what Al-Sadr was posting in his news paper so he order the place to be raided and closed.

So as usual our government under estimated the background of Sadr, this act against him and Freedom of speech after Saddam turn him into a Martyr for the Unhappy Shiites population in Iraq.

You know is nice to know all the facts.

US made Al-Sadr what he is today and guess what they can not touch him, because the people that US liberated in Iraq was two groups The kurds and the Shiites making the Sunnis the outcast.

Shiites now hold the majority of the government including Al-Sadr that also hold sits in the government.

The only support that US have in the government of Iraq are Shiites and the government itself is a weak government but not Al-Sadr he have the population on his side.

Kill Al-Sadr and the US in Iraq will lose the last support they will ever have in Iraq.

That is why he is untouchable.

new topics

top topics

join