It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Workers were given prostitutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Got prostitutes? UN employees do...

NEW YORK - Discounted apartments and cash were given to a former United Nations procurement official and two other U.N. workers got nights with prostitutes to help secure $100 million in U.N. contracts, a businessman testified Tuesday at a bribery trial.

un workers given prostitutes

Unacceptable. The UN has failed much to many times and now this! Time to replace the UN. what do you think?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The corruption at the UN runs through the entire organization. It should be torn down and replaced. It is a useless waste of resources.

I hope this story gets more exposure in the MSM.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Agreed that there is apparently a lot of corruption at the UN.

So any suggestions as to what might replace it, or should we perhaps try to fix it instead?

Rants are easy. Solutions are tough.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The corruption at the UN runs through the entire organization. It should be torn down and replaced. It is a useless waste of resources.

I hope this story gets more exposure in the MSM.

I agree to a point, but I'm not sure any other organization would be better. It's just human nature and whenever you put a large group of people under a common cause and give them power there always will be corruption.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by PsykoOps]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The corruption at the UN is simply the manifestation of the corruption that exists in all of the participating nations governments. Its not like once they get to the UN they become corrupt. The UN just gives them a great place to be corrupt together. Its alot like sending a petty criminal to prison with felons. It isnt long before that petty criminal is raping and murdering. He learned it from his peers.

The UN is a symptom of a much greater and deeper disease. The fact that few nations speak out against the UN when their corruption is so obvious is exemplary of the complicity of most of the world in this corruption.

What disturbs me is that when any nation or group does speak out against the UN they are decidedy ignored or attacked for not believing in the UN's utopian ideal. This would mean that either the UN has been far more successful in its brainwashing PR campaign than even the racist and genocidal Planned Parenthood, or that people really dont mind horrible corruption, human rights atrocities and organized crime on a global scale as long as the packaging is pretty.

There is something fundamentaly wrong with human beings to say the least.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
the un needs to be replaced with something that has "TEETH" so to say.

imposing "sanctions" is like giving your child a spaking... it wont do any dam good.

we need a council that WILL enforce rules in a better way to show everyone peace is the ultimate goal.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
the un needs to be replaced with something that has "TEETH" so to say.
imposing "sanctions" is like giving your child a spaking... it wont do any dam good.

For starters, I only ever had to spank either of my kids once...I found it remarkably effective as a deterrent.

we need a council that WILL enforce rules in a better way to show everyone peace is the ultimate goal.

So how about we ban the international trade of arms and armaments by making it a capital offence? If an Exec were personally responsible for his/her corporate activity, they'd pay more attention to their life than their livelyhood, I'm sure. Anything less is merely joke-shop.

Wars and genocide become remarkable less efficient when fought with rocks. Howze that for teeth?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
To the Americans claiming we need a UN who has 'teeth/balls' etc...

The United States has repeatedly failed to follow UN rules.
Remember, a UN that has no problem declaring war, would be a UN that is at war with you.

It's the US that rendered the UN useless... by not setting an example. All of the countries in the free world have to set an example for the UN to work... the UN is our example to the world. If we can't follow our own rules, we're no better than all the other oppressive empires that have collapsed in the past.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Would it be considered impertinent to ask if the United States is actually paid up in its UN dues? And if not, what might be the moral and ethical discussions arising from that circumstance?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The purpose of the UN is to make it seem like the world is working together. Untill the NWO is put into full effect there will be a UN.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You'd think on their salaries they could at least pay for their own ?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
They were friends it seems. Kohli's father and brother were busted. Otherwise I doubt very much that Messers Kohli and co. would have ever opened their mouths about it. Probably working out a plea bargain so the father and brother get off easier. Seems to me the whole bunch knew what was going on and should all go to jail. This isn't the UN's fault its the employee thats at fault. They apparently caught them after a while.

top topics

join