It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preparing the children?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
ive noticed while flipping thru the channels or walking into the living room and seeing what my lil bro has on th television and noticed that there is ALOT of Alien friendly stuff... Such as Cartoon Networks invaded or whatever they call it... and many cartoons now are featuring Aliens in them...

Maybe im looking to deeply into this... its probly all for sales n ratings because the topic is popular right now...

but maybe the government is getting the children use to the idea of Aliens in the slowest way possible... knowing that the adults of this age are very violent and dont like change... they may not accept the fact that their are aliens... but the children.. with the right amount of brainwashing..... could get use to the idea... so disclosure wouldnt cause much of a panic...

idk... i was home ill today... maybe i have too much time on my hands.. but tis just a thought

[edit on 23-5-2007 by Sad Lil Alex]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sad Lil Alex

Maybe im looking to deeply into this... its probly all for sales n ratings because the topic is popular right now...

i've noticed it too...

i have been thinking the same thing.. even anti-marijuana comercials have aliens in them.. what the hell is that all about? aliens... anti-marijuana... i cant seem to grasp the connection

seems like we're seeing more and more sitings.. new sitings on the board is almost a daily thing now..

somethings up.. literally

[edit on 23-5-2007 by biotic]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
How about the alien character on "American Dad" who is like a member of the family.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Latitude
How about the alien character on "American Dad" who is like a member of the family.

Remember ALF? (Alien Life Form) who liked cats--to eat. Aliens CAN do some good. (Oops. My cats are now going to kill me.)

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I think you are looking to deep into it really, how are todays cartoons any different than all the UFO and space type comics/shows of the past. Instead of reading about aliens in comics(the poplular and cheap form of entertainment pre 70's-80's), they are now on cartoons.

"How about the alien character on "American Dad" who is like a member of the family."

So I take it you never watched the TV show called "Alf"? I sure am hungry for some cats!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
TRUE there have been shows in the past with Aliens in them... but these days it seems u cannot go for more than 10 minutes on certain Stations without hearing or seeing some sort of UFO or commercial with people Flying in a spaceship with an Alien... (an Anti-Marijuana commercial) i mean.. coudlnt they have used a preppy kid who didnt smoke marijuana compared to a "homeless looking" kid who did smoke marijuana (that is not me being prejudice that is the trend i have noticed in anti marijuana commercials they try to show that if u smoke pot u will be notihng) ... wouldnt that commercial have been just as effective? it seems wherever than can throw in an alien... they do!!!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
When I first saw thread title"preparing the children" , I pictured some guy in some weird alien cult
talking about how he raises his kids lol.

But yes I have noticed that also, maybe it is some sort of desensitization technique. It is odd how frequent they show aliens on the cartoons now a days. Perhaps it is just a hot topic with the kids, but maybe there is something more it, like preparing for contact.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by Lightman9202]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Just remember Teletubbies; you will understand that they are actually trying to dis-prepare all the children.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Ask yourself why they are poisoning childerns minds with neurotoxins like aspartame, fluoride, aluminium, and not just TV programming..

They are preparing the children of today, but in a bad sense.. they are trying to dull down all of us, especially the younger generation, in preparation for 2012, imho.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Alien stuff on TV has always been popular however I noticed in the late nineties that there was a real glut of flying saucers, grays & aliens stuff of all sorts on TV, particularly children's shows. This seemed to coincide with a very high rate of sightings and abductions, as well as this new thing called the internet which gave a lot of folk, (who previously had never had the chance to discuss their strange experiences), free range to tell all. I think we should really be watching out for a changing attitude to UFOs in the media though. Usually if a sighting gets mentioned on the news it's accompanied by smirking or giggles from the newsreaders, and always a last item to be mentioned. When the jokey story-telling changes and they start to sound serious, and it catches on, then I'll know there's something afoot. But will I trust what I'm being told? No!I think what we should really be paying attention to right now is what a previous poster said, what's going into kids bodies. i.e. artificial sweeteners, colourings, and what's in their vaccinations.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The whole UFO's, greys, underground bases etc... its all misinformation designed to make you afraid. Yes, various people/groups do have advanced technology, but this came from Teslas work, and not from recovered alien craft.

Remember that US president talking about a threat from outer space, and how we would all need to be united together in order to fight it? If people can fake planes going into various buildings, and con half the world into believeing it, surely they can stage a fake alien invasion aswell.

Real "aliens" (ultra-terrestrials) don't need physical craft to fly around in..once you reach that level of consciousness you become multidimensional, so the physical body becomes obsolete anyway.

The whole abduction thing aswell... there is a far more positive side to this story than all the "government black-ops" BS that is flying around. You really think they would waste their time abducting random people, and wear ski masks etc? Cmon, deny ignorance ffs.

Yes, people are having abductions, but obviously they weren't ready to handle the event, and so their mind, just like childrens minds do when made afraid, recoils in horror and fills in all the blanks... it is an ego protection mechanism, and it happens with OOBE/Astral Projection too.

The amount of people who have been "abducted" is higher than one mite suspect. Somewhere around 1 in 5! Most people don't remember it, or they confuse it with dreams etc.. Again, like astral projection, we have ALL done it at least once in our lifes, its just most don't remember it.. which mite have something to do with the neurotoxins, TV, HAARP/frequency raping of the mind etc..

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I could imagine a MIB walking into the Nickelodeon corporate office persuading them to make more shows about aliens.....uh...yep...

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I don't really think the aliens in the media are much different now then they were in the past. I can remember aliens on children's shows from forty years ago. Plus the My Favorite Martian show from the 1950s. So they have been around but just taking on different forms for the popular cultcher.
P.S. My favorite television alien, Marvin the Martian.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Ramp up the fear early on. An essential part of television programming is the conditioning required for the next big event. It's like a leakey faucet you become accustom to and then one day you're drowning from it. Look back to pre 9/11 to films such as Independence Day, The Siege, Starship Troopers they were all set forth to help forment the appropriate response to the WTC incident. When the war on terror outlasts it's effectiveness and if global warming can't get the world drawn in collectively for their one world mindset then the next boogeyman must come from beyond....like 90 miles from Vegas.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon

Cmon, deny ignorance ffs.

What ignorance are you referring to?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Maybe in the YOU EZ OF AY!

But in europe, at least in my country, there's no alien invasion on television, lol.

9 out of 10 time it's just your current situation that makes you think it increased by loads.

Like, you're in a haunted house, you're faster to think *ooh, I thought I heard / felt / smelled something ghost-like, did you?* than in a friends house with loads of people.

Link between aliens and anti-marihuana.

Smoking -> Trip -> Be happy -> Hallucinate -> Aliens

Though our country isn't anti marihuana =)

[edit on 24/5/07 by -0mega-]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-

Smoking -> Trip -> Be happy -> Hallucinate -> Aliens

[edit on 24/5/07 by -0mega-]

Woah, that must be some good cannabis if you're tripping and halucinating off it.

on topic: I don't think the prevalence of ET in tv shows has increased, but I do agree that ET seems to be used more in
advertisements than in the past. Maybe ET is shedding some of the giggle-factor and becoming more "hip" (mainstream acceptable) hmmmm.

edit fixed bbc

[edit on 24-5-2007 by Stale Cracker]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sad Lil Alex

but maybe the government is getting the children use to the idea of Aliens in the slowest way possible... knowing that the adults of this age are very violent and dont like change... they may not accept the fact that their are aliens... but the children.. with the right amount of brainwashing..... could get use to the idea... so disclosure wouldnt cause much of a panic...

Maybe. The thing is, though, alien-related entertainment for kids has been around for decades, going all the way back to John Carter of Mars, and Buck Rogers and Superman. All the children exposed to that stuff have grown up now, so if somebody was going to enculturate us, then the job is already pretty much done.

Also, the government doesn't control the entertainment industry in regards to the types of things it produces. The market does. That's why along with the alien stuff, you've got stuff like "Bratz." If we follow your logic, kids are also being slowly taught to accept the reality of little girls with huge heads and an addiction to bad fashion.

Mutants like the X-Men are also popular, but that's mostly because nearly every kid feels like a mutant at one time or another, and wishes he or she had some power to kick everybody else's butt. Mutants are metaphors for being different, and in the X-Men movies, about being gay.

When I was a kid, World War II was still pretty fresh in everybody's memory (about as far gone as Desert Storm is to now), so we watched shows like "Combat!" or "Rat Patrol." Along with those, we still had cowboy shows like "Gunsmoke" and "Bonanza." But most kids aren't interested in that stuff anymore, so nobody sells it.

Hollywood producers are basically only interested in one thing. Making money. They're not really interested in preparing kids for alien disclosure, although should aliens become known, I'm sure they'll be first in line to try and make a buck from it.

new topics

top topics

join