It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traffic wardens get video cameras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Yesterday we had the news that doctors, social workers etc are to become informers,
today we have traffic wardens with camera's on their hats!

www.telegraph.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk...

This really does take the biscuit!
Another money making scheme by our friendly government who seem to want to tax us out of existence!

I don't drive, and am constantly infuriated by the actions of irresponsible drivers, particularly when I'm on my bike, but this really does seem to be taking the p**s

[edit on 23-5-2007 by budski]

Mod edit: title changed to something more appropriate

[edit on 5/23/2007 by Gools]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This issue was discussed on BBC R2 earlier today and was mentioned that a legal challenge could be made under Article 8 of the Human Rights Act: The right to respect for private and family life, home and correspondence

yourrights.org.uk
..In essence, the incorporation of Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (the Convention) into UK law by the Human Rights Act 1998 (HRA) creates a general right to respect for privacy where none previously existed. Article 8 offers general protection for a person’s private and family life, home and correspondence from arbitrary interference by the State. This right affects a large number of areas of life ranging from surveillance to sexual identity - it is framed extremely broadly. However, the right to respect for these aspects of privacy under Article 8 is qualified. This means that interferences by the State can be permissible, but such interferences must be justified and satisfy certain conditions. Any interference with your right must be:

• In accordance with law; and
• In the interests of the legitimate objectives identified in Article 8(2); and
• Necessary in a democratic society.

Although to date, no legal challenge has been mounted nor precedent set on the basis of Arrticle 8 against the ever increasing use of CCTV surveillance

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's a shame I'm not allowed to comment... since I live in the United States and all. After all, how could I possibly know what is going on in someone else's country when I don't even live there - right nefermore?

Just keep telling yourselves that you're not slipping quietly into a police state. Fool yourself into believing that they are only doing this "to catch the bad guys" or to "help reduce accidents" or because there are "not enough police". And always remember, if you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to fear.

Oh yeah, and smile nice and pretty - you're on Candid Camera!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
All these camera's etc are simply to make money - it's a form of indirect taxation.

Don't really care, cos I don't drive anymore, plus I don't do anything outside my own home that is illegal, so another reason not to care.

top topics

join