It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google invests in genetics firm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well, there's no stopping them!

Google has taken a stake in a bio-tech company co-founded by the wife of one of the search engine giant's bosses.

from BBC news:
"The goal is to enable Google users to be able to ask the question such as 'What shall I do tomorrow?' and 'What job shall I take?'"

Full BBC News article

MSNBC Article

I do not need to be moulded by some huge information company thankyou!

We are smart enough to make our own choices aren't we? And would like access to all available information for those choices, not just what they think we need.

After the recent purchase of the web advertising network "Doubleclick", I have to wonder what is next!

I for one, am getting very wary of this giant, and the future it has in it's pocket concerning the privacy, freedom and control we all have over our online world, and now, it seems, the more important decisions in everyday life.

How does everybody else feel about this kind of "personalisation" service. I have been skeptical of Googles motives for some time now, this is another reason for that skepticism. I hate to feel like this and hope this results in something user friendly and nothing else.

Would you use it, would you trust it and what else do you think Google will be getting into in the future?

[edit on 22/5/2007 by nerbot]

join