It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Importance of Prayer (Christians)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Lk. 18:1

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.

Colossians 4:2

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

1 Samuel 12:23

As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right.

Matthew 7:11

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Ephesians 6:12-18

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

So we can see how important prayer is for the Christian. We are told to always pray and that it may be considered a sin if we don't. IMO prayer is faith in action, the more you walk in faith the more you will receive.

We are told in other verses to pray behind closed doors so that our prayer is true and not a means to impress others.

We are given an outline of a proper prayer:

Matthew 6:9–13

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Some think this is an outline but I personally pray this prayer as written.

So Christians, how often and how do you pray?

Blessings....

new topics

join