It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would A Clone Get Into Heaven?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
well i was watching the film 'the 6th day' the other day on tv and it had me thinking.....

we've cloned animals and its just a matter of time before we clone a human (no ifs or buts about it).

how would this 'clone' be looked at in gods eyes?, afterall he supposed to have created us in his image, yet this creation if and when it happens will be totally man-made created in a laboratory.

how would this 'clone' be looked at in gods eyes?

[edit on 21-5-2007 by st3ve_o]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Here is how at least on sect of Judaism looks at the question.

Judaism does not see scientific development as insurrection and cloning as competition with the Creator - Judaism's perception of scientific development is quite positive. Rabbi Elisha Aviner, one of the leaders of the Birkat Moshe yeshiva in Ma'aleh Adumim and an editor of the book the community published, explains, "We believe that major breakthroughs in scientific development are a direct result of divine intervention. Every scientific discovery appears in the world at the correct moment when humanity is capable of coping with it."

www.haaretz.com...

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have heard of humans cloning animals and them surviving. But, never a human or anything that has a "SOUL" . From the experiments that I have heard ... they have always had to keep them alive by life support. Whether or not this is true .... is ... ?? Well interesting and I would like a for sure answer but right now ... That is not going to be released.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Cloned animals (the ones that were a success) didn't need to be kept alive on life support. They trot around quite merrily.

As for the comment

"I have heard of humans cloning animals and them surviving. But, never a human or anything that has a "SOUL""

How on earth are you sure NON cloned Humans have souls? It's all a bit speculative to say the least that you have never heard of anything cloned with a soul, when you have no idea whether you have one, or even what a soul actually is.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
i feel quite the same.an animal has a soul just at varying frequencies just like humans but our low/highest frequency is nothin close to thiers. keeping a human on life support is nothing when it is a clone because are you born with a soul? is the soul created.is the soul part of your mother?how do they(whoever they might be) take and insert a soul into a human. maybe if they achieve the proper brain wave frequency in the start it will be possible but but but but but but ......i just can't continue i think i went off topic to much im sorry, there are too many open ends to lots of subjects.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Cool question, never thought of that.
I saw a movie once, same scenerio, the clone had no soul which made him kinda evil or something like that.
I guess first we need to know if we really have a soul, which I think we do in some way.
If we did then yes because I think the soul is our lifesource. And it wouldnt be there fault for being a clone. God is loving not technical. I think.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Since bodies are just vessels, then it would have whatever soul decided to inhabit that cloned body for a human earthbound experience.

For me I would assign the same rights to clones like I would to some one's twin. Don't get me wrong, it's a slightly different process, but why would a clone have any less a soul than twins that come from the same egg and sperm or twins that come from one egg and two sperms?

The body is a vessel, for that vessel to have life, then something has to inhabit it. Think about two people that share the same body, like conjoined twins. There are equally unique situations already in nature and humanity. I think clones would have the same rights as twins do.

As we know we will get some twins that are very much alike in personality, and some that are quite different. With clones they will just be more fully susceptible to the same disease that the clone host had, and things like that. However the clones life will be shaped by life experiences, it's environment, those around them, what they learn and do not learn. You will have a possibly identical person, but different traits.

What I mean by this is, let's say the cloned host started life off in North pole, was feed very fatty foods, and educated only on how to hunt, no close knit family life experience. They will be susceptible to diseases of that area, etc.

Let's say the clone grows up in Sahara Africa, is educated, feed none fatty foods, comes from a very close knit community with lot's off people around. etc.

Even though they are clones, we could have one that is thinner, grows maybe taller due to dietary factors, and environmental factors. If he/she is taught different things, loved cared for in different ways, you could have quite different characteristics. Once could be vegetarian, the other none. One could be violent cold and distant, the other warm and friendly.

I think each would be judged spiritually for their contributions and actions. The same as twins would. I don't think it will really be that much of a big deal, once we clone humans if we have not already done so. The problem with cloning comes in when you bring to life a full human so you can use them as a chop shop for parts, for another human. That's where things get tricky. For me, I would treat it the same as having a second child to save the life of a first child, and I would apply the same rules, but that's just me, and that's just my opinion.

top topics

join