It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad Cow Disease: The Chemical Industry Plays Dirty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
BSE (Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy), or Mad Cow Disease, and its human form, nvCJD (New Variant Creutzfeldt-Jacob Disease), are incurable brain disorders. Holes appear in victims' brains, then they become demented and die. The diseases are not caused by a virus or a bacterium, but by a mysterious type of twisted protein, known as a "prion". The prion can propagate itself by causing other proteins to twist into the same shape. Prions can be passed on by eating the flesh of another animal, and are resistant to cooking and digestion.

A theory about how prions are formed suggests that organophosphate pesticides could be partly to blame. Two people have already died defending this theory, apparently at the hands of professional assassins working either for the British government or the chemical industry. So the theory needs to be taken seriously.

BSE first appeared in the UK in 1985. Since then, the disease has affected half of the cow herds in the country. New Variant CJD also first appeared in the UK, ten years later: to date, around 90 people have died from it. Both BSE and CDJ are beginning to spread throughout the rest of Europe; today, 30 European countries have had exports of their cattle banned. The diseases have the potential to destroy the entire European cattle industry, and kill thousands of people. The death toll from nvCJD is increasing by 35% per year, and the disease has a gestation period of twenty years. Some projections suggest that hundreds of thousands of people could eventually die from it.

Given the huge amount at stake, one might expect that any credible theory would be welcomed. Yet Mark Purdey, a British farmer from Somerset, has suffered constant harassment and has had to support his research from his own pocket. Purdey has a theory which might explain the mystery of why BSE and new variant nvCJD started in the UK, and why they are so much more serious there. However, since he went public with his ideas, some rather unfortunate things have happened:

Rest here:

www.freezerbox.com...

I really don't know enough about chemistry to comment on this, is there anyone here who does and confirm or deny this guys theory?
If it does turn out to be true then once again it is the government who are responsible for this, and actually FORCING farmers to use these chemicals is very strange if they knew they were dangerous.
Could it be a way to cut down on the population? Are there any other reasons?

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Mad cow is all about ''cow cannibalism'' and rendering plants..

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
this link will save me typing a bunch.
i believe prions are the cause, too. i also believe they are 'activated' by haarp. tiny crystals that resonate to a frequency broadcast. check the sattelite image of over seattle/oregon just prion, oops, prior to the recent outbreak.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
hey thanks for that link billybob.. scary.. so 9/11 was created to brainwash population that we need chips implants for our security and haarp/mad cows for all animals implants , as test for the final mark of the beast?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ok my scientific knowlege here is a little shakey so try to bear with.
Ok so I have it on pretty good authority that the first livestock we started "recycling" were sheep, the offal product from them was merely thrown back into the food chain of other livestock such as cows. This was due to the very low cost of sheep when compared to other animals. As you may or not know sheep have their own version of BSE called scrapie (TSE) in its natural form and enviroment (sheep) is non transmittable to other animals. However when the offal was put back into the food chain it mutated and adapted to become the bovine version (BSE).
This part has never been proven by the science community, but TSE has been tranmitted to rats in labs whereby it became BSE, so it seems like only a matter of time before the bovine link is found.
So were they used because they were cheap and easy? or shall we go on a conspiracy and suggest that someone knew exactly what consequences could arise?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by feygan
, but TSE has been tranmitted to rats in labs whereby it became BSE,

I know a lab sending its animals to rendering plants... could be that to..

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
it seems odd that so many wasting diseases are emerging, in the last week i have heard of new diseases in pigs and wild animals too that are similar to bse. my belief is that all of these diseases are connected somehow and prions seem suspect to me. from what i have read these prions are in everything, in the food we eat, in the blood supply, in the water we drink, etc.

kalki, yes the chips are coming, and it starts with the rfid tags, by the end of the year everything walmart sells will be chipped, from your shoes to your tires to your food...everything. next it will be the people, especially if there is another major terror attack, and the excuse will be the government needs someway of telling the terrorist from the good ole brain dead american.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by razorbackhater
by the end of the year everything walmart sells will be chipped, from your shoes to your tires to your food...everything.
Have a link about that?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalki

Originally posted by razorbackhater
by the end of the year everything walmart sells will be chipped, from your shoes to your tires to your food...everything.
Have a link about that?

weblog.infoworld.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here is a topic concerning the Mad Cow Threat

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
no link, i live in bentonville ar the home of walmart so i tend to have some help from time to time, trust me the rfids are real. there is a mandatory meeting for all suppliers reguarding rfids this week.
would you like pics of the walmart bunker? very creepy

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
razorbackhater ; no thanks for the pics..i can imagine

BJ ; thanks for the link

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Could this be another NWO attempt to limit the population?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I watch the movie Lorenzo's Oil in my high school A&P class. Lozenzo had some disease that caused his myelin to deteorite which is important in synapse connection, without one cannot send impulses to other nerve endings. The disease is called ALD (adrenoleukodystrophy). It doesnt seem all that different from Mad Cow. In the movie Lozenzo's step dad discovers an effective treatment in a combination of two fats extracted from olive oil and rapeseed oil, respectively. If there is hope for people with ALD from one determined person finding a treatment there is hope for treatment of mad cow.
The Myelin Project

top topics

join