It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A political process completely in control. By who?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I've been doing some thinking lately about the political process in the States. I've contended in the past that it has been jacked by neither party but that those parties have been jacked by something BIGGER. Bush/Clinton, the two headed coin. Do a Google image search, Slick Willy seems buddy buddy with both Bush presidents.

Now let's look at these presidents. What political credentials did Dubya bring to the table? 5 years as a governor? That's an adequate pedigree to run the strongest country in the world? Let's not go to his private business ventures. Hell, even Reagan did 2 full terms as Gov, lost a presidential bid before he got there. Clinton did even more, 12 years as gov, losing and rewining governorship.

How about Daddy Bush? 8 years as VP, one term as Prez. What did he do before that? Seen here. Man, he bounced around a lot, for short periods of time. Does "troubleshooter" come to mind? Including the CIA. Revisit those Google images again.

What am I saying? Looking at the election results of 2000 and 2004, past history(back to back contiversy), I'm saying that the voter doesn't matter to who's sitting in the White House. It's bought before you get there. It's beyond the average voter. It's already been decided for you. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS? Can America vote 3rd party. They're cleaner than the Big Two, now. Now might be the only time left.

If not you've got Hillary for at least one term, probably two with a Dem dominated House and Senate. And we've seen how well that worked when one party owns all parts of the government. Remember my premise, there's no differences between the two parties. They are just illusions to let you think you have a choice. Who's really in charge are counting on you. DON'T do them proud.

Source material:

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well I guess there's nothing left to be said.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I've been doing some thinking lately about the political process in the States. I've contended in the past that it has been jacked by neither party but that those parties have been jacked by something BIGGER.

I sometimes feel that way, but I've come to believe the likelihood of that being by conspiratorial design is remote to the point of being implausible. It's just too big and there are way too many players. I believe that there's a basic apathy and sense of hopelessness that has become so pervasive, that it gives the illusion of a "hidden hand" when in fact it's just the dynamics of people and processes doing what they do.

Bush/Clinton, the two headed coin. Do a Google image search, Slick Willy seems buddy buddy with both Bush presidents.

But is this so unreasonable? Just because they're on opposite sides of a political aisle doesn't mean they have to be mortal enemies. These are intelligent guys. They can disagree and still be affable.

Now let's look at these presidents. What political credentials did Dubya bring to the table? 5 years as a governor? That's an adequate pedigree to run the strongest country in the world? Let's not go to his private business ventures. Hell, even Reagan did 2 full terms as Gov, lost a presidential bid before he got there. Clinton did even more, 12 years as gov, losing and rewining governorship.

And don't forget, Truman was a high school graduate. Had no college, at all. Started a clothing store and went bankrupt. Couple Senate terms, but no real executive type experience as in a governorship.

How about Daddy Bush? 8 years as VP, one term as Prez. What did he do before that? Seen here. Man, he bounced around a lot, for short periods of time. Does "troubleshooter" come to mind? Including the CIA. Revisit those Google images again.

Yeah, GHWB had what was arguably the best resume ever for a President. Unfortunately, his communication skills were da suk. And some of his decisions were questionable, at best. Quayle? Come on, I'm an Indiana guy and even I thought that was a big boner.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS? Can America vote 3rd party. They're cleaner than the Big Two, now. Now might be the only time left.

Absolutely! I'm all over that one, Bubba. And yes I do think there's way too much influence peddling that goes on. I just don't happen to believe in a unified, monolithic, uber secret cabal of hand-wringing, cat-petting, EEEEvile reptoids. Or even anything approaching that. Power, like nature, abhors a vacuum. And if the electorate in our particular political process abdicates its moral authority to be engaged, well, there's plenty of consolidated power ready to step in. The only thing saving us at this point, is that at the very tippy-top, those guys are distrustful enough of each other, it's a virtual standoff.

And don't be too despondent about the lack of response. I think we're all shell shocked over whether to flag, tag, star, or ignore a post. Levels of complexity.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Bush/Clinton, the two headed coin. Do a Google image search, Slick Willy seems buddy buddy with both Bush presidents.

But is this so unreasonable? Just because they're on opposite sides of a political aisle doesn't mean they have to be mortal enemies. These are intelligent guys. They can disagree and still be affable.

Actually this I find damn odd. After Katarina, I think, and Bush senior and Bubba were wheeled out together, I thought it was strange. I never saw Carter and Nixon carrying on. Or Carter and Reagan. Or Reagan and Bubba.

And don't forget, Truman was a high school graduate. Had no college, at all. Started a clothing store and went bankrupt. Couple Senate terms, but no real executive type experience as in a governorship.

Those were different times though. America wasn't a superpower yet. The world was much bigger then. BTW, was Truman's presidency what one would call a success? I looked into it and looked like there was a fair bit of strife there.

I just don't happen to believe in a unified, monolithic, uber secret cabal of hand-wringing, cat-petting, EEEEvile reptoids. Or even anything approaching that.

No, I wouldn't go that far either. But power behind the power? Quite possible imo. Hoover is a good example. Not an elected official but one with immense power.

And don't be too despondent about the lack of response. I think we're all shell shocked over whether to flag, tag, star, or ignore a post. Levels of complexity.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I never saw Carter and Nixon carrying on. Or Carter and Reagan. Or Reagan and Bubba.

Everybody hated Nixon. Carter's a momma's boy. By the time Reagan was out of office, he was practically drooling. Slick Willie was too busy chasing tail to hang with gramps.

Those were different times though. America wasn't a superpower yet. The world was much bigger then. BTW, was Truman's presidency what one would call a success? I looked into it and looked like there was a fair bit of strife there.

Quite true, but he capably took over for FDR at the end of WWII, then beat Dewey in '48.

Originally posted by yeahrightI just don't happen to believe in a unified, monolithic, uber secret cabal of hand-wringing, cat-petting, EEEEvile reptoids. Or even anything approaching that.

Originally posted by interpid
No, I wouldn't go that far either. But power behind the power? Quite possible imo. Hoover is a good example. Not an elected official but one with immense power.

You mean J Edgar Hoover I'm assuming. Yes, way too much power. I believe the single reason organized crime got as big as it did was due to their blackmailing Hoover for his proclivities. One ugly CD for sure. That whole "there is no such thing as The Mafia" crap. I wonder how many people still remember that? For years it was the FBI's official stance. Two-bit hoods like Dillinger, Machine Gun Kelly, and Baby Face Nelson got publicity for being these super-dangerous criminal masterminds that the FBI had to stop, while the Mob got more and more power with virtual impunity. So Hoover could wear his ball gown.

Go figure.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
A Political Process in Complete Control. By Who?

simplistically,
i would say the Military-Industrial Complex, including Bankers are the Who

The Who; are all the spokes which make up the wheel of American power,
the mutual supporting components which 1st conquered the nation
in the civil war era, went on to hegemon the hemisphere,
then proceeded to replace the broken British, French, German
types of colonial empires post WWII, on a global basis.

the 'Who' are the Empire builders....
here's an article..which also references a book titled: Exodus from Empire, by seeing the failings one can deduce just 'Who' comprise the
groups & institutions & wielders of power ~ the controllers of our lives, including the political process...~

www.opednews.com...
(the 7th title down, in the left hand 'OpEd' column...)

thanks,

new topics

top topics

join