It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How America Can Survive The Rise of China and India

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
More than several very good posts on a very complex topic.

China has manpower and a somewhat decent educational system which is not available for everyone. India has an education system which I would equal America's top institutes, and they are building more. Both countries send students to the USA but many return to their homelands to build on what they learned. India and China have differing visions of how to use these educated people, but rapid change is occurring in both countries.

The analogy comparing the USA to UK is a very good insight. Still viable and somewhat a player, but a regional player. This is how the USA could easily end up.

The comments about the USA and the current influx of illegal aliens was not overlooked. I find the vast majority of the "illegals" to be extraordinary hard workers and very willing to learn while working. It isn't unusual for many of these people to take evening classes in learning English. Stereotyping these individuals is easy to do, but we should be above that. I am very pro-border enforcement, but it's the government failure of action that is the root cause of this problem. If a guy was to really look into immigration, the baby boomer economy, and social security; I think you find we need them more than they need us in the real world of spending and taxes.

<< 1   >>

join