It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bee mystery on CNN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

So are you saying that the mite is responsible for the death of the larger bees? I have heard only that the mite is capable of killing bees and is suspect. It would seem easy to check out the mite theory. Just find a bunch of dead bees and examine them for mites.

This is not my theory but from what I have read in various articles is that the the organic and natural bees do not suffer the same problems from mites and the reasoning is the are smaller and have smaller honeycombs.

Im not saying the mites are the cause of CCD nor do I think any experts are saying the same thing.

What the experts are saying is because of the larger honeycombs the commercial bees have the propensity to have more mites in their honeycombs as a result commercial beekeeper are forced to use pesticides to combat the problem whereas the organic beekeepers are not.

This has been known for decades and CCD just showed up last November so there is definatly something else affecting the commercial bees.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The something else effecting them is both natural and global. Hoaglunds bunch is onto something, as they see the larger picture which may be impacting our planet from the engine (sun) driving this large machine like system we live within.

The Russians did quite a bit of research into torsion waves and fields over the past 30 years, specifically noting that bee hives and flowers emit this subtle energy wave. This gave them a clue as to the simple nature of torsion physics. A type of energy that appears to be supressed from the public eye.

The system, may only be undergoing some kind of long term natural cleansing cycle and the bee's are as suggested, the canary in the mine shaft.

Here is an interesting link on Torsion Waves
Torsion Waves

[edit on 17-5-2007 by Red_Dog_BOM]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
They mentioned at CNN that they have something like AIDS - an immune system weakening illness...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrapop
Well, however... they said the Ministry of Agriculture is taking this mystery very serious currently.

And you trust any investigation thats being done by the government?

This bee thing is about eliminating the competition. like the tainted dog food. make it so everybody HAS to buy the same thing, honey, dog food, cat food, spinach, lettuce. you folks really have no clue whats about to happen and why, and even more impotantly, HOW.

By the way, today I erradicated a wild european bee hive. Swarming season is just about ready to start dieing down.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hi, my local NBC news station did a small little report on the bee problem and what was happening in my area(West Michigan). Apparently my area is entirely uneffected, but all our hives in this state are supposedly "organic". One bee keeper also said that they reduce bee stress by only bringing hives to the same farms over and over(not so with the effected hives).So far, no problems.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Hi, my local NBC news station did a small little report on the bee problem and what was happening in my area(West Michigan). Apparently my area is entirely uneffected, but all our hives in this state are supposedly "organic". One bee keeper also said that they reduce bee stress by only bringing hives to the same farms over and over(not so with the effected hives).So far, no problems.

I can assure you that Michigan is affected. I had 15 hives, now I have barely 1. I ordered more bees from down south and they usually ship them in time for pollination of my fruit trees, but this year that bees won't ship until August. I am a completely organic fruit tree farmer with over 1500 trees.

I am a certified beekeeper and love the little fellows, but something is very very wrong. I have been doing this for over 25 years and never have I seen anything like it.

Here is another thread in regards to bees and disappearances.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
A friend of mine who is a Beekeeper, has had this problem with bees a few ears ago(when the celular phone companies were expanding their network), him and others found out that the problem where the celular phone towers, something to do about the frequency the emited. They relocated the hives away from the towers and the problem were solved.

The bees didn't died, they just flew away to another place were the radiation was weaker.

hope this helps.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't believe it is just cell towers, because my bees have left all the honey in the hives. This is not natural because when bees swarm to a new location they take most of the honey in the hive with them. Also the beehives that are left almost always take the honey from an abandon hive, but the one hive left hasn't even remotely shown any interest in the abandoned hives.

I figure there is about 600 pounds of honey just sitting there and if the bees don't want it, I am not going to risk eating it either.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Every summer I tend to get a small size nest on my shed.
I looked today the new nest is there. Usually every year it has about
8-9 yellow-jacket bees. This year there is only one. Yet it's the
same size hive.
I don't think it's from cell-phone emitted waves. The cell-phone
industry has not built any new networks around here.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I'm going to quote myself here - the cellphone theory debunked, from another bee thread..

The number one argument against the issue of cell phones and bees, is the simple fact that, if this were the case, Europe should be affected far worse by CCD than the US. The US has far fewer cellphone users per square mile than Europe does. Towers themselves, in the US, are most habitually located close to major highways, also, which I would assume is not all that common a place to keep bees, though I'm not sure about that (I am sure about the location, I used to work for a company whose sole purpose was to construct cell towers, from finding locations to building and leasing space on the towers - www.crp.com... has a brief description, though it looks like the company itself has collapsed since I left there, but I post that to prove my credentials on this particular subject, since I was witness to various different stages of construction, from "There's a dead spot on this map, let's find someone we can negotiate land for a tower space" to "Ok, this is what the construction crew reported on the foundation design for this particular tower, and this is the autocad file of the construction document we want you to put in your report")

Towers tend to have a minimum of 4 carriers on each, but since a tower is essentially located based upon geographical distances from other towers, it follows that the density of towers in the US v Europe are likely to be roughly the same.

So, if the bee disorder were based upon cellphones themselves, and cellphones in use, the density of cellphone users in the US is lower than that of Europe, so Europe would see a higher proportion of bee disappearance/death.

If it were based upon the towers themselves, density of towers would be roughly the same, and thus bee disappearance/death would be proportional between US/Europe

Instead, we're seeing that generally, the US is losing a higher percentage of it's overall bees. This suggests that, unless cellphone usage is actually helping European bees survive, it's not having any effect at all.

There is only one caveat, which since I no longer work in the industry I'm just going to offer this up. Historically, once the early adoption of cellphones in the US had passed, Europe was actually leading the technology - about 10 years ago or so, cellphones and text messages were much cheaper in Europe because the infrastructure was more advanced and sophisticated. The US has been lumbered with the original more antiquated technological infrastructure. However, the only caveat I could see to the basic density/loss equations I posted above, would be if there were some specific new technology with regards to new bandwidth/frequencies being used that were more proliferate in the US than in Europe. That's pretty much the only way I could see the US bees dying off faster due to some cellphone related issue.

I think it's unlikely, but I posted for the sake of completeness.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Since a large majority of affected bees just seem to 'vanish', and aren't found dead, I'm inclined to believe that they're simply getting lost. While I don't think that cell phones have much to do with it, the concept can be at play here. Just like birds, bees use the earths magnetic field to navigate. Weaken the field, and it becomes a broken compass.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
There's a pesticide that is used that causes bees to "forget" how to get home. I first heard it mentioned here on ATS, then I saw it mentioned on a CNN report yesterday. It interferes with their ability to learn, and remember things, so when they go out looking for pollen and nectar they get lost and they can't get home. That's why they aren't finding bodies. I can't remember the name of the pesticide though.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
There's a pesticide that is used that causes bees to "forget" how to get home. I first heard it mentioned here on ATS, then I saw it mentioned on a CNN report yesterday. It interferes with their ability to learn, and remember things, so when they go out looking for pollen and nectar they get lost and they can't get home. That's why they aren't finding bodies. I can't remember the name of the pesticide though.

We don't agree on a lot Zaphod58, but this issue I am completely agreeing with you. I also think the GM crops and seeds are having a major affect as well, but that is not yet proven. What is proven is the amount of pesticides and fertilizers we dump, on our crops by the metric tons per year is having a major impact on the bees.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
I don't believe it is just cell towers, because my bees have left all the honey in the hives. This is not natural because when bees swarm to a new location they take most of the honey in the hive with them. Also the beehives that are left almost always take the honey from an abandon hive, but the one hive left hasn't even remotely shown any interest in the abandoned hives.

I figure there is about 600 pounds of honey just sitting there and if the bees don't want it, I am not going to risk eating it either.

I seriously doubt that the honey is bad, if you are in the business, you should get together with other keepers in your area ask the local university to run some independent tests on your bee's and honey. See what you can confirm, See if you can discover the truth. Don't rely on the "officials". They have other conflicting interests and pet theories which will get in the way.

The facts of what you know are pretty simple.
1.) The bee's are nowhere to be found
2.) The remaining bee's are acting outside their normal behaviour
3.) This is occuring over a wide range of enviroments
4.) This is occuring over a wide range of crops

What is the common thread?

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red_Dog_BOM
I seriously doubt that the honey is bad, if you are in the business, you should get together with other keepers in your area ask the local university to run some independent tests on your bee's and honey. See what you can confirm, See if you can discover the truth. Don't rely on the "officials". They have other conflicting interests and pet theories which will get in the way.

The facts of what you know are pretty simple.
1.) The bee's are nowhere to be found
2.) The remaining bee's are acting outside their normal behaviour
3.) This is occuring over a wide range of enviroments
4.) This is occuring over a wide range of crops

What is the common thread?

Michigan State University is running tests. I am not in the business of beekeeping but need them for my fruit trees. The experts really don't know anything, but when bees don't take or use their own honey now you have a major problem, the bees are the experts. I know everyone in my area that has hives, same problems.

And what bees are you talking about running test on? because there are none in the hives or outside the hives, which is extremely strange.

You have to understand that when bees leave a hive or die off from disease or fungus, mites, etc....their are dead bees on the inside and outside of the hives, this is not the case. And within hours, maybe a day or two other insects like neighboring hives, wasps, hornets, will invade the weak or abandon hive for the precious honey, this is not the case. The honey is untouched by any of them. I don't think the experts are going to find anything significant, but maybe they will.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red_Dog_BOM

The system, may only be undergoing some kind of long term natural cleansing cycle and the bee's are as suggested, the canary in the mine shaft.

Here is an interesting link on Torsion Waves
Torsion Waves

[edit on 17-5-2007 by Red_Dog_BOM]

This is an interesting theory here. I have suspected something like this but it is hard to prove. If the bees are the canaries we are in trouble for sure.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Since a large majority of affected bees just seem to 'vanish', and aren't found dead, I'm inclined to believe that they're simply getting lost. While I don't think that cell phones have much to do with it, the concept can be at play here. Just like birds, bees use the earths magnetic field to navigate. Weaken the field, and it becomes a broken compass.

Actually, I believe bees use the polarization of light from the sun to navigate, rather than magnetic fields.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I believe we are facing the end of times very soon. Like the Mayan calendar ending in 2012 -End of the World? Nuclear war might kill us all. If Einstein's theory is correct and all the beez die we have 4 years to live. I hope in 2008 the bee population will increase or we all die in 2012-Coincidence ?. Eat honeycombs cereal!

journal.davidbyrne.com...

[edit on 18-5-2007 by ndnwotah]

[edit on 18-5-2007 by ndnwotah]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inannamute
Actually, I believe bees use the polarization of light from the sun to navigate, rather than magnetic fields.

From what I've read, the way bees see, and an internal "odometer" are what they use to navigate around.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inannamute
I'm going to quote myself here - the cellphone theory debunked, from another bee thread..

25% drop in bee population, on Germany, 40% drop in Switzerland and
80% drop in Canada/US border. Many other countries are suffering the same effect.

GSM freqs:
900 MHz e 1800 MHz Europe
1900Mhz US

In Europe GSM density is far greater in urban centers, than in any other place. In the country/rural areas, the density has much lower values.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join